2 IPL tournaments a year

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Let him have one such with Only Domestic players.
I support this. But with the condition above.
Let him allow only 5 internationalists in the tournament which runs in India. And the one in somewhere else, Let him have 15 Internationalists rather than 10. No one will question as many in South Africa don't actually know what is meant by "Deccan", "Mohali" (They might have known Mohali but I am sure that no one would have known the word Deccan as many people in India even doesn't know the word Deccan. Its a pleateu in south Peninsular India. I know it as I stay on that.:D:D) Atleast, they'll enjoy the players and their shots..:)

P

pcfan123

After seeing the CL so far, its safe to say interest in 2020 already is not what it was during the 1st IPL. The crowds will only get smaller and smaller as they add more and more games.

Talk about killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
After seeing the CL so far, its safe to say interest in 2020 already is not what it was during the 1st IPL. The crowds will only get smaller and smaller as they add more and more games.

Talk about killing the goose that laid the golden egg.
Thats what he'll face in future for sure..!!
But, what all he spend is very less as he gets total money from Sponsors.
Many dont go to Stadiums in India as it will be too late night(Around 12) and its difficult to carry ladies at that time.
No proper transportation is left fro the people who come to stadium. They have to walk around 2-3 Kilometers for getting proper transportation.
Car Parking is 4 KMs away from stadium.
So, many don;t go to stadiums to watch the match. Indeed, they watch in Television boxes.
Just go to any apartment and see when a match is going on (IPL).
You can hear a commentary with DTS effect surround system.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sure, why not? Put another IPL in a year. --

*-- With some coffins, of course.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
I don't understand why some people here hate IPL.
If you don't like it,don't watch it.As simple as that...

I won't mind if we had 4 IPLs every year and the players will be happy to earn more bucks as well:D

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

I won't mind if we had 4 IPLs every year and the players will be happy to earn more bucks as well:D

Not really. It's alot more complicated then just not watching it.

KBC

Panel of Selectors

It's not always about watching, ok? =) You gotta care about who's playing too. I'm a tremendous fan of the IPL, and want more of it, but you can't have everything as you wish.

Params7

International Cricketer
This is how Cricket is going to spread to new geographical areas and maybe hope to compete with other leagues that function throughout a year (like American domestic sports). It'll be good for the teams too if they play more often with each other.

Modi is greedy as hell but he also wants to see Cricket be a more popular sport one day.

Params7 added 5 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Not really. It's alot more complicated then just not watching it.

What makes it so complicated? If you hate it don't watch it/take part in its discussions. It really is just as simple as that. Its what you do when you flip channels but you don't spend your time hating on those flipped channels now do you?

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

It affects his national team, that is what he means. He can ignore IPL but if all the kiwis start choosing IPL over playing for NZ then it effects him. When did you become the official fanboy for Lalit Modi? Should we call you DLFParams7?

Params7

International Cricketer
It affects his national team, that is what he means. He can ignore IPL but if all the kiwis start choosing IPL over playing for NZ then it effects him.

Good point but but complaining about it isn't going to achieve anything now would it? Its not like Vettori, Mccullum and Taylor are the only National side players missing practice back home with the rest of the National team. Indians are in it too and in majority, Saffies are in it too, Aussies are in it too, Sri Lankans are in it too.

Also, I'm not a Lalit Modi fanboy (lol..who WOULD be a freakin LALIT MODI fan?!), nor am I a big T20/IPL fan, infact. You can get the mods to check what cricket mode I voted as my favorite in one of those threads here (I voted 50-50 ODI). But I don't get the unnecessary hate posts that say IPL is bad for cricket when its the key to spreading it in other areas.

P

pcfan123

We just need an IPL window, 1 month a year, no more no less. Then this issue will be resolved. Problem right now is that Modi keeps expanding the IPL by a few weeks and now there is even talks of 2 IPLS.

Params7

International Cricketer
Well then just write a letter to Modi saying "Please". He said in the post-match interview of CL Final something along the lines off " One day Cricket Champions League being more popular than Soccer Champions League" and as stupid as that may sound, somebody might want to stop him before its too late.

P

pcfan123

He is a buisness man, so of course he will hype his product. However that is just naiive to think IPL is as popular or succesful as soccer in Europe or any professional sport in the US.

Maybe in a few decades but it has a long way to go if it wants to be as established as Champions League soccer or MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL

Users who are viewing this thread