2013 ICC Women's World Cup in India

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought I jinxed us after switching over to see us cruising at 3/180 odd, which promptly became 6/190. Would've taken 250 at that point, good effort from Fields and Perry to post 259.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
should have been better than that, the wickets they lost in the middle were pretty wasteful and the bowling wasn't that good. if they bowl well though they can get early wickets which the windies failed to get.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Well a massive congratulations to the Windies side! Nice to see someone other than the main sides in the final, albeit disappointing Australia conveniently collapsed from needing 40 off about 80 balls with plenty of wickets :p

They'll slaughter the Windies in the final I'm sure ;)

Inevitable :p

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Nice job Aussie girls :cheers And Ellyse Perry has written yet another chapter in her storybook of achievements - didn't look like she was even going to get 1 ball delivered last night on that dodgy ankle, but she ended up bowling all 10 overs!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
World Champions!!! Well done to the team, good to see Australia take out another World Cup. Apparently that is 6/10 for World Cups. Pretty good record if you ask me

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Gutsy effort from Perry. Finished the innings well so all the hard work from Lanning, Haynes and Cameron wasn't undone, then bowled her heart out and lifted the pressure off everyone else when it could've went the other way.

I didn't realise there had been that many women's world cups, pretty sweet to capture our 6th to go along with the T20 cup.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
6 World Cups out of 10 is pretty amazing. Just goes to show that the other nations are not really stepping up to it or are not paying much attention to the same. The 10 WWC's have yielded only 3 winners till date. In a way it has just been 2 with the Cup moving amongst England and Australia.

Wake up other Cricket boards. Support your women in their sporting endeavours.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I didn't realise there had been that many women's world cups, pretty sweet to capture our 6th to go along with the T20 cup.

Yeah theer has. In fact there was a womens world cup before there was a mens one. Their first on was back in 1973.

New Zealand captain Suzie Bates was awarded player of the tournament

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well, they always support the underdog in the finals. I remember supporting the Windies during last year's T20 World Cup too. Its natural to support the underdog against a major opposition.[unless that major opposition is your own country]

Users who are viewing this thread