2013 Rugby League World Cup

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone going to be following/watching it? It's probably got the most random pool play format possible, with them trying to maximise the amount of competitive games. The semi's are likely to be NZ v England and Aus v France/Samoa/PNG.

----------

SBW fail this morning if you missed it:

Last edited by a moderator:

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yep I've been watching. Though the time has meant that I've had to record the matches and watch them at a more reasonable time. The only game I've watched live was Australia vs. England. Even though realistically it's a 3 horse race, I've really enjoyed watching that smaller countries play. USA have been real surprise packets. Been a very enjoyable tournament to watch.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I think most people will agree that it's easily exceeded expectations. I can't see any massive boilovers occurring in the quarters/semis, so an Aussie - NZ/Eng final is very much the go. Despite the randomness of the format it's probably got the eight best teams in the quarters, which I'm quite impressed with.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed. Seeing highlights of the smaller teams has been the best part for me. There progress in rugby league is important and obviously those games are the most competitive. I was so disappointed when Italy were knocked out in the group stage when early on it looked like they were certainties to go through

Manly

Thor
I went to Tonga v Italy and it was utter, utter shite.

I still hate Rugby League.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I used to hate playing it. You'd just got a few decent phases together and you had to give possession away...

Users who are viewing this thread