ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Not in good form overall, though. Basically hasn't been in form since debuting against Bangladesh.
Yup. Hasn’t been able to show the same kind of form he showed in the last season for Melbourne Stars.
Post automatically merged:

Why do I feel Quetta is gonna fearsome tweak this season up...

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Why do I feel Quetta is gonna fearsome tweak this season up...
I feel like teams f'in it up despite being head and shoulders above other teams on-paper is the norm in T20 leagues. The prime example being RCB.

I think the only two teams that come to my mind that actually lived up to their hype in recent years, and won their respective league are Mumbai Indians and Trinidad & Tobago Knight Riders.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think no one can sing better than Ali Zafar In PSL anthem

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So, with the PSL starting the day after tomorrow and I having a decent amount of free-time means that it's time to do a detailed post on the lesser-known players in PSL whom I am looking forward the most to.

Islamabad United:

1) Rohail Nazir (Age - 19):

• A young dynamic, enterprising Pakistani wicket-keeping batsman playing for his home-town is all Islamabad could've asked for. Rohail Nazir, 19, is a former Pakistan U-19 captain who played a blinder last PSL season against Lahore. Unorthodox shots are personified by him. Expect him to get good game-time and perform too.
2) Mohammad Wasim Jr (Age - 19):
  • Wasim, a U-19 teammate of Rohail is among the ones to watch out for. An accurate, level-headed and fairly quick pacer with excellent lower-order hitting abilities provides Islamabad a great luxury. Unfortunately for Wasim, he will probably not get a plethora of games due to Hasan Ali taking over his role.
3) Akif Javed (Age - 19):
  • An action which is the mixture of Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan with looks resembling Ashish Nehra are very rare, and so are Akif's skills. Hailing from a far-flung area in Pakistan's north-west, Akif used to work at his dad's shop. But his extremely-accurate and pacy fast-bowling with a great habit of hard work were too hard to be suppressed. Unfortunately for him, he has suffered a couple of major injuries in his short career so far, but he is still among the ones to look out for.
Karachi Kings:

1) Danish Aziz (Age - 25):
  • A local Karachi boy, Danish hits the ball big and bowls handy off-spin too. His great domestic stats speak volumes about his talent, and Danish was very close to making a debut for Pakistan in the 3rd T20 of the recently-concluded series against RSA.
2) Qasim Akram (Age - 18):
  • One of my personal favorites in this list, Qasim Akram is also a graduate of the 2020 U-19 WC batch just like the above-mentioned Islamabad boys (except Akif who got injured last-minute). Qasim has all the batting gears in his CV, his off-spin is more than useful, and he is a very good fielder too. Qasim is a perfect like-for-like future replacement for his ideal, Mohammad Hafeez in the Pakistan international set-up.
3) Zeeshan Malik (Age - 24):
  • A hard-hitting opener from Chakwal, an area 180 km south of Rawalpindi, Zeeshan is rated very highly by his former coach at Northern and the present chief-selector for Pakistan, M. Wasim. He is one of the cleanest strikers of the ball in the domestic ranks, but his temperament often leads to him throwing away his wicket, proved by his stats too. The PSL, however, is a different ball-game where he would want to overcome this reputation.
4) Abbas Afridi (Age - 19):
  • Umar Gul's nephew, Abbas Afridi was the leading wicket-taker for Pakistan U19 in the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup. He took nine wickets in five matches. A decent pacer and a handy lower-order batsman, Abbas isn't rated very highly but he always finds a way to perform well when it matters.
Lahore Qalandars:

1) Agha Salman (Age - 27):
  • A decent batting all-rounder, Agha was decent during his stint for Lahore back in PSL 3. He has since gone back to the domestic circuit and did all the grind. He lit the domestic campaign for Southern Punjab and managed to be picked in the PSL as well as in the reserves for the SA series.
2) Ahmed Daniyal (Age - 24):
  • With a physique of a body-builder, Ahmed Daniyal is another product of the Lahore Qalandars' Player Development Program. He bowls an excellent slower one, has good control, and decent pace. Added to that, he can smash a few with the bat too.
3) Muhammad Zaid Alam (Age - 21);
  • A part of the 2018 U-19 WC batch, Zaid is someone not naturally-gifted but a real hard-worker. Zaid, whose dad owns a small tea-stall in Lahore, hits the ball really hard and bowls decent medium-fast deliveries too. I doubt whether he is good enough to be a part of the Qalandars' final XIs this early into his career, but good luck to him!
Multan Sultans:

1) Shahnawaz Dhani (Age - 22):

• Dhani, 6'2, hails from an extremely remote area of South-east Pakistan (Larkana, Sindh), with no facilities whatsoever. He is self-taught, has great accuracy, excellent pace (142+) and is a degree-holder in Business Studies. Interestingly, for his first-ever experience with the hard-ball in a trial for the local team, he had to borrow shoes and socks from a friend. Personally, I doubt whether he will succeed in the T20 format as he is tailor-made for FC Cricket, but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.
2) Sohaibullah (Age - 24):
  • Central Punjab's important back-up pacer, Sohaibullah is a reasonable bowler with good control and decent pace. Nothing extraordinary to speak or talk about.
Peshawar Zalmi:

1) Muhammad Imran Randhawa (Age - 24):
  • Imran is a slogger if there ever was one. An okay-ish medium pacer as well, Southern Punjab's Imran would be looking to capitalize on this opportunity.
Quetta Gladiators:

1) Saim Ayub (Age - 18):
  • Last but not least, Saim Ayub is my personal favorite on this long list. A classy batsman who plays proper Cricketing shots and is an outstanding fielder. He bats with his right hand and bowls pretty-solid medium-fast with his left arm. His bat-speed and flair are breath-taking. Hopefully, he hasn't been picked for the wrong format as he is one I can't wait to see in the PSL. He should get a good number of games too ideally to prove his mettle.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So, with the PSL starting the day after tomorrow and I having a decent amount of free-time means that it's time to do a detailed post on the lesser-known players in PSL whom I am looking forward the most to.

Islamabad United:

1) Rohail Nazir (Age - 19):

• A young dynamic, enterprising Pakistani wicket-keeping batsman playing for his home-town is all Islamabad could've asked for. Rohail Nazir, 19, is a former Pakistan U-19 captain who played a blinder last PSL season against Lahore. Unorthodox shots are personified by him. Expect him to get good game-time and perform too.
2) Mohammad Wasim Jr (Age - 19):
  • Wasim, a U-19 teammate of Rohail is among the ones to watch out for. An accurate, level-headed and fairly quick pacer with excellent lower-order hitting abilities provides Islamabad a great luxury. Unfortunately for Wasim, he will probably not get a plethora of games due to Hasan Ali taking over his role.
3) Akif Javed (Age - 19):
  • An action which is the mixture of Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan with looks resembling Ashish Nehra are very rare, and so are Akif's skills. Hailing from a far-flung area in Pakistan's north-west, Akif used to work at his dad's shop. But his extremely-accurate and pacy fast-bowling with a great habit of hard work were too hard to be suppressed. Unfortunately for him, he has suffered a couple of major injuries in his short career so far, but he is still among the ones to look out for.
Karachi Kings:

1) Danish Aziz (Age - 25):
  • A local Karachi boy, Danish hits the ball big and bowls handy off-spin too. His great domestic stats speak volumes about his talent, and Danish was very close to making a debut for Pakistan in the 3rd T20 of the recently-concluded series against RSA.
2) Qasim Akram (Age - 18):
  • One of my personal favorites in this list, Qasim Akram is also a graduate of the 2020 U-19 WC batch just like the above-mentioned Islamabad boys (except Akif who got injured last-minute). Qasim has all the batting gears in his CV, his off-spin is more than useful, and he is a very good fielder too. Qasim is a perfect like-for-like future replacement for his ideal, Mohammad Hafeez in the Pakistan international set-up.
3) Zeeshan Malik (Age - 24):
  • A hard-hitting opener from Chakwal, an area 180 km south of Rawalpindi, Zeeshan is rated very highly by his former coach at Northern and the present chief-selector for Pakistan, M. Wasim. He is one of the cleanest strikers of the ball in the domestic ranks, but his temperament often leads to him throwing away his wicket, proved by his stats too. The PSL, however, is a different ball-game where he would want to overcome this reputation.
4) Abbas Afridi (Age - 19):
  • Umar Gul's nephew, Abbas Afridi was the leading wicket-taker for Pakistan U19 in the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup. He took nine wickets in five matches. A decent pacer and a handy lower-order batsman, Abbas isn't rated very highly but he always finds a way to perform well when it matters.
Lahore Qalandars:

1) Agha Salman (Age - 27):
  • A decent batting all-rounder, Agha was decent during his stint for Lahore back in PSL 3. He has since gone back to the domestic circuit and did all the grind. He lit the domestic campaign for Southern Punjab and managed to be picked in the PSL as well as in the reserves for the SA series.
2) Ahmed Daniyal (Age - 24):
  • With a physique of a body-builder, Ahmed Daniyal is another product of the Lahore Qalandars' Player Development Program. He bowls an excellent slower one, has good control, and decent pace. Added to that, he can smash a few with the bat too.
3) Muhammad Zaid Alam (Age - 21);
  • A part of the 2018 U-19 WC batch, Zaid is someone not naturally-gifted but a real hard-worker. Zaid, whose dad owns a small tea-stall in Lahore, hits the ball really hard and bowls decent medium-fast deliveries too. I doubt whether he is good enough to be a part of the Qalandars' final XIs this early into his career, but good luck to him!
Multan Sultans:

1) Shahnawaz Dhani (Age - 22):

• Dhani, 6'2, hails from an extremely remote area of South-east Pakistan (Larkana, Sindh), with no facilities whatsoever. He is self-taught, has great accuracy, excellent pace (142+) and is a degree-holder in Business Studies. Interestingly, for his first-ever experience with the hard-ball in a trial for the local team, he had to borrow shoes and socks from a friend. Personally, I doubt whether he will succeed in the T20 format as he is tailor-made for FC Cricket, but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.
2) Sohaibullah (Age - 24):
  • Central Punjab's important back-up pacer, Sohaibullah is a reasonable bowler with good control and decent pace. Nothing extraordinary to speak or talk about.
Peshawar Zalmi:

1) Muhammad Imran Randhawa (Age - 24):
  • Imran is a slogger if there ever was one. An okay-ish medium pacer as well, Southern Punjab's Imran would be looking to capitalize on this opportunity.
Quetta Gladiators:

1) Saim Ayub (Age - 18):
  • Last but not least, Saim Ayub is my personal favorite on this long list. A classy batsman who plays proper Cricketing shots and is an outstanding fielder. He bats with his right hand and bowls pretty-solid medium-fast with his left arm. His bat-speed and flair are breath-taking. Hopefully, he hasn't been picked for the wrong format as he is one I can't wait to see in the PSL. He should get a good number of games too ideally to prove his mettle.
Just hope a few of these guys take whatever chance they get with both hands, and aren’t discarded after a couple bad outings.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Clinical win by Karachi. Gayle was threatening to take it away from them, but they came back well with the ball, and knocked Quetta over for 120-odd. Arshad Iqbal, a young quick, did extremely well, as did Aamir. Sarfaraz's decision to open looks odd when you have Gayle and Banton, although it’s good that he wants to bat in the top order, because his game just isn’t suited to any position below 4 in T20s. Joe Clarke was great, took the pressure off after Sharjeel departed early. He also played in the BBL, and you can see why.
Post automatically merged:

He bats with his right hand
He’s a left handed batsman

Users who are viewing this thread