2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Simi Singh and his mixed bag spin could be key.
Definitely - it's all about spin here.

Given that most of the Bahrain players have a tape-ball background, they'll be fine with hitting 80 mph seam-up. Spin is what will make the difference

Aislabie

Ireland
Meanwhile, Germany has a Surrey 2nd XI player giving it some tap against UAE.
I really love to see stuff like this. I would love for cricket to get to a point where (for example) Justin Broad gets picked for a Blast game and the commentators unironically describe him as a German International

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I really love to see stuff like this. I would love for cricket to get to a point where (for example) Justin Broad gets picked for a Blast game and the commentators unironically describe him as a German International
Pretty much what has happened with Tim David.

Dieter Klein was a German international during his time in county cricket. Gareth Berg is Italian captain. But might not be there with the unironic bit yet.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hopefully no jinx, but Germany need 82 from 7. It's not impossible.

chris-pratt-rubbing-hands.gif

Post automatically merged:

Broad gone. Jinx confirmed.

Aislabie

Ireland
Pretty much what has happened with Tim David.

Dieter Klein was a German international during his time in county cricket. Gareth Berg is Italian captain. But might not be there with the unironic bit yet.
Yep, it's gradually happening

Although Tim David still felt like he had to sign up for the IPL as an Australian so idk if we're quite there yet, but there's been huge progress

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yep, it's gradually happening

Although Tim David still felt like he had to sign up for the IPL as an Australian so idk if we're quite there yet, but there's been huge progress
Yeah I don't really get that. Maybe it means he's higher up the list of players alphabetically and in a different category for the draft.

Aislabie

Ireland
Yeah I don't really get that. Maybe it means he's higher up the list of players alphabetically and in a different category for the draft.
I think it's that if he signs up as an Australian he (A) appears in the list of Australians when the franchise owners make their plans and (B) counts as uncapped

Users who are viewing this thread