Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hasn’t played a T20I in over two years for them… basically ever since he blew up on the global T20 scene. Think Singapore wrote him off as an option even back then and given that they didn’t attempt to recall him in recent times he must have expressed his desire to represent Australia long ago too.

The Aussie lineup now looks very interesting to say the least. Does Smith even fit into the team’s best XI?

Finch (he isn’t getting dropped despite being torrid)
Warner
MMarsh
Maxi
David
Inglis
Agar
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Zampa

This would be my XI although I can see the management going with Wade and Stoinis in the middle order and somehow finding a way to shove Smith in there because he is the sort of big name that you don’t really drop.
Watch them bench David for Smith, and still win the cup

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
:saf: Squad Announced: Temba Bavuma :c:, Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen, Reeza Hendricks, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Wayne Parnell, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Rillee Rossouw, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs.

VD Dussen out due to a scheduled operation to his finger.

Probable Best Playing XI baring quota system in mind:

1. Reeza Hendricks
  2. Quinton de Kock
  3. Aiden Markram
  4. Temba Bavuma :c:
  5. Rillee Rossouw
  6. David Miller
  7. Dwaine Pretorius / Wayne Parnell
  8. Kagiso Rabada
  9. Lungi Ngidi
  10. Anrich Nortje
  11. Tabraiz Shamsi / Keshav Maharaj

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:saf: Squad Announced: Temba Bavuma :c:, Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen, Reeza Hendricks, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Wayne Parnell, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Rillee Rossouw, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs.

VD Dussen out due to a scheduled operation to his finger.

Probable Best Playing XI baring quota system in mind:

1. Reeza Hendricks
  2. Quinton de Kock
  3. Aiden Markram
  4. Temba Bavuma :c:
  5. Rillee Rossouw
  6. David Miller
  7. Dwaine Pretorius / Wayne Parnell
  8. Kagiso Rabada
  9. Lungi Ngidi
  10. Anrich Nortje
  11. Tabraiz Shamsi / Keshav Maharaj

Quotas shouldn’t be a factor in World Cups though if I remember correctly. Think that was removed.

I’d swap Markram and Rossouw around personally. Reeza’s probably going to get the whole tournament given he found form in the England series but I’d somehow love to see Stubbs play at least one game here. Rassie missing out also ensures that there won’t be any qualms over the playing XI too.

Definitely a side that can surprise anyone and win games IMO.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Big Breaking News - Alex Hales added to England WC T20 squad as a replacement of Jonny Bairstow.

Bevab

Staff Member
Vince will feel hard done by but England are rightly cautious about having him back for a World Cup after his last venture at one nearly derailed their fairytale homecoming.

If squad harmony can be maintained Hales is still the best choice for that opening spot alongside Buttler given his overall improvement in T20s and BBL experience. Big if though given that unlike a year or two ago England now do have the likes of Will ‘international violence’ Jacks and PSL mega-star Will Smeed to also choose from.

Bevab

Staff Member
Would rather see Phil Salt get his earned chance opening or Will Jacks. Dawid Malan has been smashing it too as an opener.

Aye it feels like a belated comeback for Hales if anything. Unless he’s being seen as an opener for the ODI WC next year too in place of Roy if he performs well?

Users who are viewing this thread