2024 Pakistan Super League - General Discussions

Which team do You support?

• Total voters

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
This was gonna be started eventually, so why not now?

I checked Islamabad United's wikipedia page, and it seems like they'll now represent both Islamabad and Rawalpindi because they have the Pindi stadium as their homeground, despite having four cricket grounds in Islamabad. Why not just rename the team to "Twin City Titans", or something?

In other news, Mr. Sethi has promised a few PSL matches in Lahore.

Also, I think Inzamam-Ul-Haq will be given job as a coach to one of the PSL teams.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yupe I think it will be good to rename the team to "Twin City" something like you have said. It would left a good impression of sympathy in the minds of the peoples, specially peoples of Rawalpindi.

On to the next news in which Mr. Sethi has promised to host few PSL matches in Lahore. I think PCB should arrange few matches in Pakistan. I won't say anything too long on this, but after all its Pakistan's league!

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
The transfer window is open for PSL 2017.The far i know is Pollard,B McCullum and M Johnson are expected in the next PSL.Comment your players that you suggest to be traded.Another news i know that its possible that M Hafeez will captain Qalandars.

What do u 2 think ?[DOUBLEPOST=1466945890][/DOUBLEPOST]Any News

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Yupe I think it will be good to rename the team to "Twin City" something like you have said. It would left a good impression of sympathy in the minds of the peoples, specially peoples of Rawalpindi.
Yeah. A co-representative team would be nice, since Rawalpindi and Islamabad are our twin cities. I think they should merge both the cities in one team, and rename it to "Twin City XYZ".

Also, I have a great plan for the home matches of PSL.

Divide the PSL into four legs.
  • Leg 1 - In Pakistan
  • Leg 2 - In Sharjah
  • Leg 3 - In Abu Dhabi
  • Leg 4 & Play-offs - In Dubai
We have 24 matches in the PSL, which should be trimmed down to 22. Each team plays the other team twice, that makes 20 matches. Instead of having 4 play-offs between 5 teams, have a semi-final for the 2nd and 3rd ranked team. The winner plays the table-toppers in the final. How hard could that be. That would make the league a 22-match affair.

5 Matches in Pakistan + 5 Matches in Sharjah + 5 Matches in Abu Dhabi + 5 Matches and 2 Finals in Dubai = 22 Matches.

Now, to have the first 5 matches of the league in Pakistan, they need to get all the players in Pakistan except the overseas players because they will surely have security concerns in coming to Pakistan. Just play the 1st leg, without any overseas players. Believe Me, if 2 out of those 5 matches scheduled in Pakistan are the Lahore-Karachi matches in both the cities, large crowds would show up just to see our own cricketers. But for that, they need to prepare our home stadiums really well. Have free food, low ticket prices, clean stands, seats and washrooms.

Ideally, I'd like the league to start on Wednesday with a Lahore-Karachi match, and end it's first leg on Sunday with another Lahore-Karachi match.

Monday-Tuesday = Practice days

Wednesday = Lahore vs Karachi in Lahore
Thursday = Islamabad vs Quetta in Rawalpindi
Friday = Islamabad vs Peshawar in Rawalpindi
Saturday = Peshawar vs Quetta in Peshawar
Sunday = Karachi vs Lahore in Karachi

Once the Pakistani leg is done, they can send all the local players back to UAE to have overseas players in it. Once again, have the first two days of the week without a game. And have 1 game on each night.

This way, the final league match would be played on Sunday.

Have the semi-final scheduled on Wednesday, and the Final on Saturday.

Moral = PCB's thinking hat does not work.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Yeah. A co-representative team would be nice, since Rawalpindi and Islamabad are our twin cities. I think they should merge both the cities in one team, and rename it to "Twin City XYZ".

• Leg 1 - In Pakistan
  • Leg 2 - In Sharjah
  • Leg 3 - In Abu Dhabi
We have 24 matches in the PSL, which should be trimmed down to 22. Each team plays the other team twice, that makes 20 matches. Instead of having 4 play-offs between 5 teams, have a semi-final for the 2nd and 3rd ranked team. The winner plays the table-toppers in the final. How hard could that be. That would make the league a 22-match affair.

5 Matches in Pakistan + 5 Matches in Sharjah + 5 Matches in Abu Dhabi + 5 Matches and 2 Finals in Dubai = 22 Matches.

Now, to have the first 5 matches of the league in Pakistan, they need to get all the players in Pakistan except the overseas players because they will surely have security concerns in coming to Pakistan. Just play the 1st leg, without any overseas players. Believe Me, if 2 out of those 5 matches scheduled in Pakistan are the Lahore-Karachi matches in both the cities, large crowds would show up just to see our own cricketers. But for that, they need to prepare our home stadiums really well. Have free food, low ticket prices, clean stands, seats and washrooms.

Ideally, I'd like the league to start on Wednesday with a Lahore-Karachi match, and end it's first leg on Sunday with another Lahore-Karachi match.

Once the Pakistani leg is done, they can send all the local players back to UAE to have overseas players in it. Once again, have the first two days of the week without a game. And have 1 game on each night.

@CerealKiller @Sami Kumar @cricket_icon @Rehan_24 @Ahmad94

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope Islamabad get hold of a local wicketkeeper. Someone like Adnan Akmal would do the job, as we have many all-rounders.
This should be our lineup

Sharjeel
Watson
Azam
Billings
Misbah
Russell
Khalid
Akmal
Badree
Sami
Irfan / Raees

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan

• Leg 1 - In Pakistan
  • Leg 2 - In Sharjah
  • Leg 3 - In Abu Dhabi

Its really good Idea. I don't think we have to cut the knock-out matches, we can have 4 matches in play-offs. But after watching the season 1 in which Karachi and Lahore both dosen't deserved to play in the play-offs, if this gonna be happen in this season also then I think 2 matches are good in the play-offs! :p

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Islamabad United shouldn't change their name. We need to build loyal fan bases for each team, and changing a team's name after one season won't help at all.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I like the idea of slimming the tournament a little but but it is highly unlikely for any form of cricket featuring international players returning to Pakistan just yet. I personally would love it but CA, ECB and co would kick up a massive fuss and I'm sure the PCB are more concerned about the dollar than actually bringing effective cricket back to the country.

Having said that, I think they do need to expand the tournament beyond just 2 stadia.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To whom is the broadcast rights sold in India? I really like to watch few games and whats wrong if there are no Indian players. Cricket is a game and I love whatever comes from it.

BTW what is the draft base price for a player? Do they get eventually paid as the IPL or BBL salary or something more or less?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To whom is the broadcast rights sold in India? I really like to watch few games and whats wrong if there are no Indian players. Cricket is a game and I love whatever comes from it.

BTW what is the draft base price for a player? Do they get eventually paid as the IPL or BBL salary or something more or less?
Previous season broadcast rights were not sold in India and I don't know this season, whether it will be broadcast in India or not.

In PSL's 1st season players were divided into different categories and prices which included, Icon (200,000$), Platinum (140,000$), Diamond (70,000$), Gold (50,000$), Silver (25,000$), and Emerging (10,000$). More details: Here

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lasith Malinga and Albie Morkel have been confirmed for the draft. @Markkkkk is Morkel still good?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Lasith Malinga and Albie Morkel have been confirmed for the draft. @Markkkkk is Morkel still good?

In my opinion yes. Doesn't bowl as much but is still one of the cleanest hitters of the ball in the world. He'd be one of the first names in my T20 team.

Users who are viewing this thread