23rd Match, Group F: India v Sri Lanka at Gros Islet

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Neither side will be certain of their spot in the Semi Finals until the last game of the Super 8 is completed. For Sri Lanka a win should see them through to the final. A win for India will depend on them overhauling Sri Lanka's net run rate and then hoping Australia take care of WI.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually a win for SL won't see them through. They would still have to hope that the Aussies will beat WI.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
JEET LO INDIA (WIN IT)!!! Even if you dont make it, it will be fine but exiting the tournament without winning a single Super Eight match would be atrocious and horrible. PLEASE WIN THIS!!

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
I have a feeling Dhoni will play a Dharamsala innings here !

Anyways, India should bat first and score something above 180 and keep Sri Lanka to 150-160 and they will go through if AUS beats WI !

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have a feeling Dhoni will play a Dharamsala innings here !

Anyways, India should bat first and score something above 180 and keep Sri Lanka to 150-160 and they will go through if AUS beats WI !

Me too expect that from Dhoni. If he does so, it would be great.

Finally a game for me at the right time (1pm EST). Need not get up early to catch the game. Although for the Indian TV audience, the game will start at 10:30pm in the night. But it should be fine for late night movie watchers who watch movie till 1pm in the night in India.

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
If Pakistan can blast into the semi finals of the World Cup just when even their biggest supporters were contemplating to write their obituary, so can India. I still believe that our team has the might to stun everybody and proceed to the next stage of the tournament. We just need to ensure that we make no mistakes in the team selection this time around.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
India Should Win this one, unless they make huge mistakes with their lineup.

What are the conditions like?

vickyrox

Club Captain
I hope this tournament goes the IPL way
AUSTRALIA(mauling everyone like MI in the group stages)
ENGLAND(RCB style playing)
PAKISTAN(DEfeneding champs,like the deccan)
INDIA(HOPE SO CHENNAI)

i hope dhoni plays a dharamsala knock.after all that day also sangakkara was his counterpart and so is he today!!!!

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
what's the pitch playing like?

Mike23 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

i hope SL loses by 19 runs and AUS beat WI!

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Dhoni wants a win, he should look to dismiss Mahela as early as possible.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pitch and conditions
The pitch is slow, the outfield slower and it's a big ground; the boundaries aren't going to be easy to come by. And spin should dominate. Well that's the conventional wisdom. With two teams looking to bounce back from humiliation and desperately seeking a victory, theories can fly out of the window.
Source:-Cricinfo

So i expect there couldn't be much pace and Also It can't be a high scoring game....,I hope Dhoni chooses the perfect playing XI.

Users who are viewing this thread