IPL 25 May - Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils (Qualifier 2)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Please just accept that you lost and move on. CSK is in the final because they deserve to be in the final. Stop making conspiracy theories because your team isn't good enough. Ridiculous.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
V.I.C.T.O.R.Y to the Kings of Chennai!!!!!!:cheers:thumbs Into their fourth final, and that too despite not being anywhere near their best in the league stages. But the last two games, Chennai have displayed their A-game. Delhi had no chance in hell after Chennai racked up 222.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No Morne Morkel, No Shahbaz Nadeem. First over given to the guy playing his first game, Sunny Gupta. Sehwag coming in at 3. Terrible captaincy from Sehwag, I don't know what he was doing. He was trying out his luck too hard. Finally I accept that Sehwag is a bad captain.
He is a great player, and I don't say that because I'm his fan but because he is genuinely good, but at captaincy he is bad.

Dhoni isn't exceptional either, but certainly better than Viru in captaincy. Gambhir is easily the best of the three (considering only this season of IPL).

And I always try and believe that there is no fixing but there is something in CSK's matches that forces me to think about it. Varun Aaaron was constantly bowling the same line and length deliveries, even though he was being smashed. And out of all the matches he has played so far, he was over-reacting after each boundary conceded, trying to act as if he is extremely disappointed. Mind you this isn't the first time that he has been expensive, but his emotions after boundary seemed rather fake than real.
As a cricket fan, I genuinely hope there is no fixing, and as a DD fan I certainly hope that my thoughts on Varun Aaron are false, but the way he bowled was terrible and his attitude was fishy.

Viru's decision were horrible, but nobody can accuse him of fixing. Players like Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, etc. have loads of money and a family to look after, they were and always will stay away from fixing.

Even if a captain would have fixed this match and tried to lead the team in the worst possible way, he would have led the team better in today's match (:p). Viru's decisions were terrible, I'm extremely disappointed. He has been pretty good throughout the season but probably the pressure of a 'do-or-die' game made him do a lot of un-need stuff.

Murli Vijay's knock was stunning. He was hitting the spinners with so much of ease, this reminded me of Gilly's knock in 2009 semi-final against DD. Hardly can a bowling side do anything when a batsman is in such great touch. All you could do is get a world-class, experienced bowler, but well we didn't have any as Morkel was dropped!

Well played, CSK. Delhi Daredevils don't deserve to win the tournament if they can't even win one out of two KO games.

But as usual my hatred towards CSK stays intact (because of Dhoni and the Dhoni-Sehwag rift) and so I hope that KKR thrashes CSK in the final. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No Morne Morkel, No Shahbaz Nadeem. First over given to the guy playing his first game, Sunny Gupta. Sehwag coming in at 3. Terrible captaincy from Sehwag, I don't know what he was doing. He was trying out his luck too hard. Finally I accept that Sehwag is a bad captain.
He is a great player, and I don't say that because I'm his fan but because he is genuinely good, but at captaincy he is bad.

Dhoni isn't exceptional either, but certainly better than Viru in captaincy. Gambhir is easily the best of the three (considering only this season of IPL).

And I always try and believe that there is no fixing but there is something in CSK's matches that forces me to think about it. Varun Aaaron was constantly bowling the same line and length deliveries, even though he was being smashed. And out of all the matches he has played so far, he was over-reacting after each boundary conceded, trying to act as if he is extremely disappointed. Mind you this isn't the first time that he has been expensive, but his emotions after boundary seemed rather fake than real.
As a cricket fan, I genuinely hope there is no fixing, and as a DD fan I certainly hope that my thoughts on Varun Aaron are false, but the way he bowled was terrible and his attitude was fishy.

Viru's decision were horrible, but nobody can accuse him of fixing. Players like Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, etc. have loads of money and a family to look after, they were and always will stay away from fixing.

Even if a captain would have fixed this match and tried to lead the team in the worst possible way, he would have led the team better in today's match (:p). Viru's decisions were terrible, I'm extremely disappointed. He has been pretty good throughout the season but probably the pressure of a 'do-or-die' game made him do a lot of un-need stuff.

Murli Vijay's knock was stunning. He was hitting the spinners with so much of ease, this reminded me of Gilly's knock in 2009 semi-final against DD. Hardly can a bowling side do anything when a batsman is in such great touch. All you could do is get a world-class, experienced bowler, but well we didn't have any as Morkel was dropped!

Well played, CSK. Delhi Daredevils don't deserve to win the tournament if they can't even win one out of two KO games.

But as usual my hatred towards CSK stays intact (because of Dhoni and the Dhoni-Sehwag rift) and so I hope that KKR thrashes CSK in the final. :p

:clap for most of your post, but for your last line! :p:D

----------

SO CSK it is..to face us...!!
Bring on!!

Gambhir will be the home captain in the final (for having reached there first). But he will be playing in front of a sea of yellow. With the empty stands at Chepauk now being cleared for sale and with Chennai in the final, Sunday is going to be one big ocean of yellow at the MAC stadium!

Its Dhoni vs Gambhir now. Dhoni has won it vs both Sachin and Sehwag in the last two playoffs. Gambhir has been the better captain of all this IPL. What does Dhoni have in store? We'll see on Sunday

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Just a captain cannot handle all the decisions of the team, there are many other people involved behind Sehwag's decisions:thumbs. Might be they have been doped:spy. And Sehwag trying to understand what their plans are, destroyed the party even harder:/.

And I found Murali Vijay's inning shocking, not stunning:p.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Chennai make it to the finals yet again. :)

It was a rout. Yet, as a cricket fan, I hoped for a closer contest at this stage of the tournament. Delhi's decision to drop Morne Morkel was ridiculous, but it was understandable given Viru's fears of their batting prowess lower down.

Delhi's batting is extremely top heavy. Maybe that's why Viru also decided to bat at #3 instead of open.

DD's strategy showed more fear of opposition than confidence in their own abilities. This happens to captains occasionally especially against a strong opponent who has a history of success. Always bat first in a knockout situation. Has worked from time immemorial.

Yet given all the conspiracy theories of match fixing, I wish Delhi had played Morne Morkel. Not that it might have made a difference, though, given Chennai's awesome form with the bat. Maybe 20-30 runs would have been saved.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
The only match of the IPL I watched in the last two years, and I have been extremely disappointed. I really hate the Indian mentality packing your team with batsman and whereas Dhoni's Chennai can employ this strategy as they do have capable bowlers Sehwag was absolutely foolish in deciding to put Morkel on the bench. Against a power packed Chennai batting order, Sehwag went with on without two of his premier bowlers. Irfans injury should have cemented Morkels position.

Horrible horrible captaincy.

Users who are viewing this thread