2nd ODI: Australia v England at Hobart

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
They're short, but they've got some good bowlers. It can be done.

The aussies have momentum, and the England side has a long tail. Prior isn't that comfy opening and has just kept wicket for 48.2 overs so that could play a part - and adds to my not liking the keeper opening.

The tail is not exactly experienced or filled with players who have scored lots of runs either. Get five down and the aussies will fancy knocking over :

Bresnan (34 ODIs) : 436 runs @ 25.64
Yardy (20 ODIs) : 179 runs @ 16.27
Shahzad (5 ODIs) : 14 runs @ 14.00
Tredwell (2 ODIs) : 2 runs @ n/a
Tremlett (10 ODIs) : 45 runs @ 9.00

Not a great lower order, Bresnan's average bolstered by ELEVEN not outs in 28 innings, he scores on average 15.57 runs per innings. The aussies may have similar troubles with their 4th and 5th bowler, while I have more faith in Hauritz than I do in Yardy and Tredwell, Smith and/or White might prove the weak link England need to target. Watson should prove a better alternative than Trott did if the aussies use him, in fact who in the aussie XI can't bowl bar the keeper?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are we allowed to replace players in the World Cup squad for reasons other than injury, or are squads finalised already?
I think we may have to ask someone to fake an injury so both Marsh and M.Hussey can play.
Maybe David will do the deed and fake an injury so his brother can win us the World Cup.
He will be remembered as a top bloke for that, and people can act sad and feel sorry for the poor guy, instead of slamming his useless batting.

Marsh should be opening, these pretend openers are useless on all but the flattest of pitches.
Yeah, some pitches in India are flat, but not all, and it is a known fact that nearly all ODI pitches in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are dodgy.
The world cup is being played in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka too you know...

Let Pup fake injury. David is still valuable.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Some people are saying we can't even replace Hussey with his current injury he would have to get a new one. I thought he could be replaced if ruled out for the series.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

You forgot the rest of the Aussie batsman apart from Marsh and White ;)

They can hold bat way better. I was not talking of today's performance. Seriously, Tait cannot hold a bat properly.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Some people are saying we can't even replace Hussey with his current injury he would have to get a new one. I thought he could be replaced if ruled out for the series.

We might have to fly our original squad over there, and then "rule out" a few of them with merciless beatings and repeated bludgeoning to the head with blunt objects.

If anyone ask questions, we'll just blame Shoaib Akhtar.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good pace from Tait so far but not putting it in the right spot.

----------

Ah oh English selectors also being made to look like duds. Prior out for a duck, excellent bowling by Lee. What we could have done to have him in the Ashes, hes bowling a good line and length so far and that one to get Prior was a goodie.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

First wicket down :D nice slip catch from Watto :) Binga ......... you beauty

Owzat

International Coach
Wouldn't get too excited, I think Prior opening the order is alway a good shout for an early breakthrough - I was practically saying so earlier. 48.2 overs keeping, opening the order where he's not really succeeded in the past and why he was replaced in the first place.

Makes the 'surprise' decision to pick him over Davies look immediately dodgy. Couple more early wickets and the aussies might head into cruise control. Certainly needs someone to lay anchor, oh but wait a minute, a lot of fans think SR is the be all and end all of batting (as opposed to staying in) :facepalm

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Dammit why do we keep trusting in Haddin with these reviews. So it is two reviews, does show we haven't had too many shockers in this series so far then.

Users who are viewing this thread