India 216 all out in 19.4 overs
S Raina 68
M Dhoni 54
W Hinds 4/50(4.0)

West Indies 218/6 in 18.4 overs
S Chanderpaul 118*
I Sharma 2/18(3.0)
Result: West Indies won by 4 wickets

Good win buddy was really rusty coming into the game and you took full advantage of that...Very well played bro
Good luck for the finals bro though I feel hkr4evr is the favorite but then the way the tourney is going I dont think that counts for much

So guys best of 3 FINALS ENGLAND vs WEST INDIES
2 games to be hosted by rizzy and 1 by hkr4evr
Good Luck to both of you

lilas11 added 7 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

semis.jpg

Last edited:

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Go Group B!!!!!!!!!

Hard luck Lilas!!!

Good luck for the finals guys...would be nice to have the 3 game final!!

RIZZYX

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Semi Final 2: India vs West Indies
Toss: India elected to bat
Venue: Lords hosted by India

India 216 all out in 19.4 overs
S Raina 68
M Dhoni 54
W Hinds 4/50(4.0)

West Indies 218/6 in 18.4 overs
S Chanderpaul 118*
I Sharma 2/18(3.0)
Result: West Indies won by 4 wickets
Match Report: India elected the toss and batted first on a good batting track, with little life in the pitch for the bowlers, they started steadily, but then upped the anti giving themselves a great platform to launch helped by 3 dropped catches, after 13 overs they were close to 150 with the loss of 3 wickets, and would have been aiming for closer to 250.

But the Windies persisted with Spin after there usual 5th bowling option Backler went for an expensive first over, and this did the trick, Hinds and Gayle managed to restrict the boundaries and it led to a few rash shots, India thus were bowled out for 215, a little shorter than what they would have been eying after the great position they were in.

The chase was all based around A marvelous batting display by Chanderpaul, pacing his innings superbly, and bearing in mind the pressure of chasing a high score in a Semi Final, the innings becomes ever more perfected. West Indies needed 54 to win with 5 wickets in hand from 6 overs, 3 of which were to be bowled by India's prime pace bowler Ishant Sharma, the match was evenly poised even at this stage, when the lights in the ground failed. Bringing play to a temporary stand still.

The game was of such a nature that the tide kept swinging either way, one moment India were well and truly on top and at other times the Windies had the upper hand.

When it resumed, Chanderpaul seemed to be in a hurry, taking the first over for 18, the game seemed to be in the bag for Windies, but Sharma had other ideas on his mind, he bowled a wicket maiden getting rid of Backler to bring in the last Sarwan the last recognized batsman.

36 runs were still to get from 4 overs, it was a case of which team held their nerve, and today the Windies prevailed, reaching home with 8 balls to spare.

West Indies captain Gayle was furious at the Windies fielding display, and had they lost the game by a close margin no doubt the whole team would have been ruing those catches for some time,3 crucial catches in a game would have made the difference between the two sides, they say catches win matches, but today was a day where it was anything but the catching that won the Windies the game.

There was much speculation about the outcome of this game, but what all agreed was that it would be a close encounter, and no doubt this was just that.

RIZZYX added 6 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

@ Lilas - rusty or not rusty bro you played brilliant for a come back game :clap

@ Hkr - What you say about tomorrow evening, around 8pm-9pm uk time?

@ Thanda - If your willing to do a little hype up post for the final that would be great bro

Last edited:

lilas11

Club Cricketer
[

@ Lilas - rusty or not rusty bro you played brilliant for a come back game :clap

@ Hkr - What you say about tomorrow evening, around 8pm-9pm uk time?

@ Thanda - If your willing to do a little hype up post for the final that would be great bro

Yeah buddy but so many no balls 3 of which would have fetched wickets was anything but wht was required in such a crucial encounter.. still thought had the game in the bag with 150/3 in 13 overs but just couldnt hold on to my nerves.... need to get back to playing some games was on a roll in the super 6's winning everything but the 10-15 day break really had me down.. all said and done u were the better player on the day and deservedly won..good luck to both for the finals expect nothing short of a cracker

hkr4evr

School Cricketer
great win my boy...i knew it it'll all turn around!!! yeh tomorow is fine...in a hurry now will write u tomorow morning...very well done bro! bad luck lilas..fav are shown exit gate!

RIZZYX

International Coach
Hkr - I shud b onlyn by 2030 at the latest

RIZZYX

International Coach
Final 1: West Indies (RizzyX) vs England (Hkr4evr)
Toss: West Indies elected to bat
Venue: Lords hosted by West Indies

West Indies: 181/8 (20. Overs)
S Chanderpaul: 55 (35)
L Backler: 43 (26)
L Simmons: 31 (27)
F Edwards: 16* (15)
C Gayle: 13 (7)

J Anderson: 3/24 (4.0)
S Broad: 2/39 (4.0)
R Sidebottem: 1/48 (4.0)
G Swann: 1/56 (4.0)
A Flintoff: 0/14 (4.0)

England: 182/7 (13.5 Overs)
O Shah: 70 (31)
A Flintoff: 63 (18)
J Anderson: 15* (11)
G Swann: 9 (6)
A Strauss: 8 (5)

F Edwards: 2/28 (4.0)
C Gayle: 1/25 (1.5)
D Powell: 1/28 (2.0)
R Hinds: 1/32 (2.0)
K Rouch: 1/69 (4.0)

MOM:
A Flintoff: For a highly accurate bowling display and a dazzling match winning half century.

Result: England Won By 3 Wickets.

Match Report: England and West Indies squared up for the first time since their two clashes in the group stages, of which they shared the honours, and based on their performances in the tournament to date, there was not much to choose between the two sides, it was a Final, and as with any Final the best team on the day will taste the glory.

West Indies won the toss and chose to bat, some questions may be asked about their desicion to bat first, after successfully chasing 215 against India the other night, and when they found themselves 10 for 3 after the first few overs they must have been wishing they could turn the clocks back. But in came Superman (Shivnarine) Chanderpaul fresh from his heroic batting display against India, he along with Simmons built a recovery, they put on 61 before Simmons fell to a great in swinging yorker from Broad. Sarwan came and went in a flash skying Swann to one of the five feilders protecting the boundry on the leg side, and when danger man Chanderpaul found himself inches short attempting a tight single, The Windies seemed all down an out at 123/7 and were facing a uphill task to even get to 150. Backler added some much needed injection towards the end putting on 53 with Edwards for the 8th wicket getting the Windies upto a challenging 181/8 from their 20 Overs, but one always felt this may turn out to be a little short against a strong England batting line up.

If the Windies started poorly with the bat, England did anything but that, they got off to a quickfire start mainly at the hands of Owais Shah who dispatced the usually economical Rouch to all parts of Lords, it was surely a day to forget for him. Shah was dropped on 40 and made the Windies pay by continuing his charge on going on to score a vital 70 from 31 balls. England seemed to have the game in the bag at 91/3 from 7 overs. But the Windies fought back superbly and England suddenly found themselves 108/7 still 73 runs short from their target. Someone needed to stand up and prevent the ship sinking any further, and Flintoff was the man just for that, the spectators were entertained to one of the most breath taking half centuries of the tournament, Flintoff raced to 63 from only 18 balls, getting England home with more than 6 overs to spare.

Some will say it was close, some will say England Won comfortably, but all will say it was a fantasic game of Cricket. England head into todays second final's with the tide in their favour, on the other hand West Indies will have to do something extra special to even stand a chance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Final Comments: Great Performance Hkr, all pressure on me now in the 2nd final, I have been involved in 3 final matches and lost all 3, so seems as though i dont have what it takes to win a final lol, i hope i can turn it around for the next game to atleast take it into the 3rd final.

Last edited:

hkr4evr

School Cricketer
Thanks for all the appreciation rizzy, yes i think i've put up a very good performance to have defeated you in the first 20/20 finals!
Talking about the game, i like twists and turn i heard from lilas you can turn game from any point, which i seen where you lost first 3 wickets for i think 8 runs? then shiv chandepaul who is in really good form hitting a fine 50 you were crusing then unluckily he got run from a direct hit off swann, i caught you there! still you managed to get good runs with less wickets in hands bracker scored fine 43 at the end of the innings!
I could'nt have a better start where like you chanderpaul been scoring mine being owas shah who was only introduced in semi finals been scoring half centuries giving a good start to the innings. yes he was dropped at 40 was quite a simple catch to be dropped but thanks to you :yes i needed that, and also another dropped catch where u said you got it on green but i think that happens with that little guy standing up front you, not always gets it right!
Edwards took me out with two wickets in an over i still needed 60+ runs with only 3 wickets in hand, i got my feets off planet earth thaught i'd be home easy then i had to really put everything together didnt wanted to loose fro ma good start, as they say he got everything BIG yes freddy cougar i mean the means of flintoffs had some nice clean hits scoring 63 not out took england to a fine victory.
Gougie must be really pleased with me , he has got money on me, so has lilas.
@rizzy, i really want you to come back into today second final and get me, so the third final can put up a nice crowd and excitement and decides a winner but bare in mind, i am coming into the game with just one thing in mind VICTORY.

BRING IT ON, krish being the best punter he said it all GB finals and he got that absolutely right

RIZZYX

International Coach
Guys the tournament has been completed.

West Indies won the best of 3 finals 2-1 and are the champions.

India+v+West+Indies+ICC+Twenty20+World+Cup+8blv0uBKEB1l.jpg

Final 2
Eng: 69/10
WI: 71/3 (8.4)

Final 3
WI: 275/7
ENG: 156/10

(Full scores and match reports to be added later)

hkr4evr

School Cricketer
congratulation rizzy, youre a true winner came from behind...as we say winner takes it all!

hkr4evr added 3 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Allright guys, this was my first and last tournament, or probably i'll join another tournament in future for now im taking a break its temp retirement from all sort of cricket also ps3.
i hope i've entertained you guys, and runner up also counts! i'll skip the next tourny, as i have other commitments..but surely be back stronger ! if you see anyone playing ps3 would be my brother he is really nothing good but might practice he is more of adventure game player.
have fun and play good

Users who are viewing this thread