2nd Semi-Final: Australia v Pakistan at Gros Islet

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
2nd Semi-Final: Australia v Pakistan at Gros Islet, May 14, 2010 (11:30 local, 15:30 GMT).

The two rivals from the summer met once again. Pakistan will be sick of the sight of Australia having lost to them in their last 10 meetings.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although Australia is fully equipped but the most dangerous thing for Pakistan is their mindset, since they have lost all their 10 meetings, their mindset can lose this game for them.
It's much much difficult for us too beat Aussies in this shape, but it is always us who beat such high class teams(SA in last WC). So I am keeping my finger cross and can hope for good fight by us.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Well, I'm supporting Pakistan as usual (my second team) so I'm hoping for an Aamer and Umar special. Aussies look unbeatable though. I thought spin bowling would be their weak point but Steven Smith has done commendably although he has been overshadowed by the fast bowlers.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Me too vote for Pakistan. Afridi might produce a special again.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
We might have lost our last T20I against Aussies quite easily but we gave them a run for their money in the match we had in Australia. We bowled brilliantly in that match. Our Pathetic batting could not even chase down even 127. Its up to our bowlers again to deliver the goods. Ajmal, Aamer and Afridi have to fire with the ball. I would not mind dropping hafeez and playing Asif or even Hammad. We need to gamble to win this one. All my prayers for our team who defied the odds to get this far.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I have a sneaky feeling we would do it. Last season I predicted the SA to knock us out in the semi's but we beat them. Australia have done nothing wrong this game, but I am hoping their fast bowlers have a bad day in the office. In the team news, I would only like to replace Latif with Hammad Azam. Latif is a poor T20 batsmen IMO, and Hammad can also offer us a bowling option. Go Pakistan!!

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Possibly the lamest chant in the history of sport. I'd be embarrassed to chant that! :laugh
Haha, someone gave me neg reps for this:laugh

Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi. Sounds like a ****** wrote it :yes seriously

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Cmon Aussie Cmon Cmon. Thought I'd join in with the Aussie songs tbh. Gotta love the lyrics to that song.

Seriously, Australia should take this easily. They've been the best side in the competition, followed by England, and hopefully they'll both make it to the Final. South Africa were the best side in the last one and didn't make it through, so who knows what'll happen. I would love to see an England vs Australia final though, would be so epic.

Users who are viewing this thread