2nd Semi-Final: Australia v Pakistan at Gros Islet

P

pcfan123

Nothing gay about it at all, it was an amazing exhibition of sport, team work and self belief. Id dare say no one apart from White and Hussey thought they had a chance

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Ajmal was the right choice, he just didn't execute. A half tracker is always going to get dispatched for six. Before that over he was the best bowler on show today and the hardest to get away.
Earlier though he had bowled half trackers and simply gotten away with it. In the 13th and 17th overs, he was a bit all over the place, but the variation was beating the batsmen. The difference is that he just wasn't beating Hussey. In 7 balls faced off him, Hussey hit 5 of them to the onside fences and each of those balls pitched shorter than 5 metres away. Compare with the deliveries he made to White, who only managed to score twice off Ajmal's 7 balls, even though 6 of 7 balls pitched at 5 metres or shorter.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
45 to 15!!

MacLovin added 2 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

LOL Tait!

Bhogollallay saying 2's are not good enough. lol

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Incredible. I hang my head in shame for once wanting him dropped from the test team.

Michael Hussey has to go down as one of our great players. The number of games he has won for us, incredible! What a freak.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Only Ozs can do this.

50 from 20 balls. I dont see any other team doing it. Even the Oz's didnt think they could either, except Hussey!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Earlier though he had bowled half trackers and simply gotten away with it. In the 13th and 17th overs, he was a bit all over the place, but the variation was beating the batsmen. The difference is that he just wasn't beating Hussey. In 7 balls faced off him, Hussey hit 5 of them to the onside fences and each of those balls pitched shorter than 5 metres away. Compare with the deliveries he made to White, who only managed to score twice off Ajmal's 7 balls, even though 6 of 7 balls pitched at 5 metres or shorter.

It was the perfect plan to White, hes one guy you don't want to be bowling your normal line to. As you saw when he moved around his crease, he was unsettled by the tactic. Ajmal forgot he wasn't bowling to White when he threw them down to Hussey. He should have learned from the first time Hussey it his half tracker for six.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
6s!! ALL OVER!

We usually dont get to see Aus team running onto the field like that. They just walk out, as if it was obvious they were going to win, whats the big deal. So much hugging, jumping around and emotions! Never seen them this emotional!

This was one serious win

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
AMAZING GAME!!! Don't really think Pakistan went wrong anywhere...they played well...but Hussey was just magical and unstoppable...Pakistan actually did not even deserve to get this far, but after today's game I think they deserved a final. Pakistan was awesome today but Australia was just better...

Good luck to both teams for the final :D

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
In the last over of the match, Aussies needed 18, In that over Hussey played Incredibly.

I was just thinking after 16th over that Australia are gone so as my huge Vcash. But Hussey saved Aus and me both. REally it was the best innings in the T20 World cup so far.:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Possibly the best game of this tourney followed by the India-SL one. Albie, learn something from the great Mike Hussey. He was never under any sort of pressure, just kept timing the ball over the ropes and won the game almost single-handedly for his side.

He's definitely one of the greatest finishers of the game :hpraise Great win for Australia in the end but Pakistan were really good/had the upperhand for 80% time of the game.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Great win, I am proud to be Australian, great innings by a great player, and he is nice person too, who says nice guys finish last?

I don't feel comfortable saying this, it is not an excuse, and I don't want to detract from a great win by a great team, but...

Bowling spinners at the death is pretty stupid, I don't care how good your doosra is, you are going to get tonked.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Afridi lacked a plan B just like Australia did when they were bowling.

He should have rotated his bowlers in a way that Aamer would end up bowling the last over.

deathrevenge9

International Coach
No regrets on our loss today.Both teams played well.Above all it was one of the best match played in the recent past.What good batting by Hussey :hpraise.Pakistan did bowl well but they were out classed by lovely batting by White and Hussey.
Hats Off to both the teams:hpraise.
To me the reason for the lost was some pretty bad selection.How can you go with only one fast bowler in such a crucial match.Afridi has not proved himself as a good captain in terms of making decisions at crucial stages.
Pakistan really missed Malik and Gul.Wish Malik return back as a captain.

At the end,well played boys. :clap

Last edited:

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a match! Michael Hussey ! What a legend! This turned out to be the best T20 match I've ever heard of (I couldn't see it, sleeping)! Brilliant man brilliant!

varun_rustagi added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Anybody knows on which website I can see the highlights?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I never knew that Hussey can hit sixes with ease. :eek: Some of his shot placements were unbelievable. :hpraise

surendar added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

(I couldn't see it, sleeping)!

Credits to my late night office works that I was able to see the last 3 overs. :D I think they would be putting the highlights in ESPN or Star cricket today.

Users who are viewing this thread