2nd semi final: New Zealand vs Pakistan

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Saturday October 3 12:30 UTC at The Wanderers

Unfortunately for NZ, they're sliding through this tournament without the same side as they entered and although they might be able to pull out some surprises, it does nothing for the consistency of the side. The pitch at Johannesburg is expected to be 'the good one' which has been protected a little and much kinder to batsmen, especially the ones batting first. It could be a trying game for NZ in the face of Pakistan's batting order, but their bowling will need to be able to bank on pace and bounce rather than spin and reverse swing. NZ seem an obvious underdog, but if the inconsistency of Pakistan rears its head, then it's game on.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
1. McCullum
2. Redmond
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Elliot
6. Broom
7. Vettori
8. Franklin
9. Mills
10. Butler
11 .Bond

Should be the team, half decent. If all goes well we have a chance, but Pakistan should win. Like I said we need a good start to put early pressure on.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Vettori should be promoted to the middle order. He could easily anchor the NZ innings. It would take the pressure of Taylor, who has had a horrendous tournament.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Vettori should be promoted to the middle order. He could easily anchor the NZ innings. It would take the pressure of Taylor, who has had a horrendous tournament.

Harsh, he scored 72 against South Africa when no one else could score a run. His last 2 failures basically mean he is due this match, should be good.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Now Pakistan should bring the team that beat India but Imran Nazir so far has been poor

But one innings of Imran Nazir can change it all.

And it's no need to post messages that is unrelated to this match.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I think currently Pakistan have the best bowling attack among remaining teams and they probably would win this game until Kiwiz set 300+ target in first innings. But then it won't be easy to score 300 against Pakistan. Rana Naved is freaking good. He can bowl twelve yorkers in a row.
I think Toss would be the Key. If Pakistan bat first, they are going to win for sure no matter how many runs they score! They will defend anything with their current bowling line up.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its now back to support for the team that faces Pakistan.:p Also though Pakistan's bowling is very good to exploit the Jo'burg conditions, NZ have the firepower to cause serious damage to Pakistan's batting, which was scared by the WI attack on this ground. If the conditions are similar, Pakistan can be in danger.

I vote for NZ.

Params7

International Cricketer
I hope rain destroys this match and NZ goes to final on the basis of being No.1 off their group :D

Ari

International Cricketer
O'Blog has been called up to replace Tuffey I hope they don't play that pie chucker.

Users who are viewing this thread