3d models for TAOC

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tbh though, I think that one well known stadium (perhaps Lords) and then one generic stadium would suffice for the initial release.

Or a stadium per Test playing nation. Just try to get game out as early as possible. Once the game is out, the rest of the stadia won't take to long to follow. Just look at the Cricket 07 modding community. And that's a silly game at best!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Or a stadium per Test playing nation. Just try to get game out as early as possible. Once the game is out, the rest of the stadia won't take to long to follow. Just look at the Cricket 07 modding community. And that's a silly game at best!

completely agree on that !!no one is more eager me and LM now to release
it....but that doesnt mean we'll compromise on Quality and bugs !! ;)

and this is 2 people against 100's of full time professionals and if they
are taking 18 months to just "modify" the game....then we certainly
will require more time, wont we !! ;)

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
2 stadiums are ok dude,now there are only 19 stadiums and almost 5 to 6 have been completed,we can do 13 stadiums.

whats a big deal in modelling 13 stadium and also cannot depend upon JK everytime coz he has his life too and for ur kind info JK cant do modding just now as he is in chennai so lets do something as a gift fr him..

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
I think Chinnaswami stadium should be changed to Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium because that is located in a capital and far more famous that Chinnaswami Stadium. Also, more matches take place in Feroz Shah Kotla than in Chinnaswami Stadium.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
completely agree on that !!no one is more eager me and LM now to release
it....but that doesnt mean we'll compromise on Quality and bugs !! ;)

and this is 2 people against 100's of full time professionals and if they
are taking 18 months to just "modify" the game....then we certainly
will require more time, wont we !! ;)

Yeah sure! Take your time with the coding stuff guys, don't hurry up there. I was just referring to the peripheral stuff like stadia that can be added later. Also, if I may ask a couple of questions JK. Mind telling me what areas of the game will be moddable? And for the stadia etc, will the game have different geometry/detail levels?

Keep at it fellas, best regards to you all!:cheers

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Ok guys the models i showed in the "Game Screens" thread will not be released by me as the model is too complicated to texture. Since i didn't knew how hard it would be to texture a model with alot of hidden faces, i will delete the old model and create a new one but a better one. I will make faroz shah Kotla Stadium for sure but i will start again on it. Also, i know how to texture it perfectly now as i've watched over 50 videos on texturing at youtube. lol. :happy

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Can't we just get the .o models from cricket 07 stadiums???

hussain_ir

School Cricketer
Kudos to the TAOC team for their dedication in the making of this game.
I wanted to ask whether u guys are considering to make that stadium in abu dhabi.it looks awesome..

Tanmay

Club Captain
Well i have tried making a pavilion stand of Mohali Stadium
25pntdx.jpg

j782ae.jpg

Ref Pic:
2lcsn5f.jpg

The roof is not done, i'm having a difficulty to model the roof.Let me know if it is looking atleast 1% similer.
Cheers and KIU :thumbs TAOC Team

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Well i have tried making a pavilion stand of Mohali Stadium
25pntdx.jpg

j782ae.jpg

Ref Pic:
2lcsn5f.jpg

The roof is not done, i'm having a difficulty to model the roof.Let me know if it is looking atleast 1% similer.
Cheers and KIU :thumbs TAOC Team

For the roof, you'll have to use a loft. Not very good at it myself or else I would have shown you an example. Just google for 'lofting in Max', you should be able to find some tutorials. It's there in the Help that comes with Max.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Oy guys I want an answer. Can't we just get the stadiums from cricket 07 or is it illegal???

Users who are viewing this thread