NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
what about CD now Zoraxdoom? Chaps like Sinclair who have international experience and failing.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
...and game over. Terrible showing by Central Districts. They just lost their way after the first ten overs. They lacked discipline and consistency in their bowling. They had a good plan but didn't and couldn't execute it all the way through (short pitched bowling).

Although Chennai will win this, I think that they have a lot to work on. It's clear that the other teams are going to bowl short to them and it doesn't look like they can do much about it. Hayden isn't very quick on his feet or with his reactions, Vijay is awful on pitches with a little bounce, Badri can survive but struggles to get any momentum going or any runs on the board, and Raina is very hit and miss in that he just swings wildly with his aggressive pull/hook strokes.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yup. Pretty much.

Awful stuff from Vijay and Raina. These guys are the future of our batting and can't stand up to some mid-80 MPH short bowling. Seriously?

Ashwin's a quality spinner. But I don't think India's selectors will ever be ready to replace Harbhajan with him. Ashwin needs as much experience as possible and soon.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good win for CSK here. But Vijay has big problems with his technique. Cant see him stay long even on the benches of the Indian team (especially once Srikanth quits as national selector). With Raina, its expected though he will get his chance soon to bat. Cant understand why Hayden is flopping so badly.

Good thing is we won without Dhoni. Very nice innings there from Badri. Solid! We need that in our national team. If Badri can rake up a few innings like that in this tournament, he could be back in reckoning for a place in the national side even in limited overs.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yea as much as I want CD to win, it's not looking good for them in the tournament. With no Taylor and Oram, it takes a huge chunk of experience from the side. They just all look so out of place against and facing international players. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get thrashed in every game they play.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, look at their batting line-up.
Noema-Barnett at five, Griggs at six, and Diamanti at seven, sums the match up really.

Bollinger and Murali are both INT class bowlers, and when a batting line-up features no INT class batsmen, they're also going to have problems.

TBH they should of just sent Auckland, and we may of actually got somewhere...

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol, look at their batting line-up.
Noema-Barnett at five, Griggs at six, and Diamanti at seven, sums the match up really.

Bollinger and Murali are both INT class bowlers, and when a batting line-up features no INT class batsmen, they're also going to have problems.

TBH they should of just sent Auckland, and we may of actually got somewhere...

I can't help but think that if Oram or Taylor had been there we would have gotten much closer to their score, and may have even won.

They should send a combined Northern side of ND and Auckland :p

CD have no decent batsmen, they have to rely on How to score most of their runs.

They were bowling well initially, but lost their way in the second half of the innings.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The fact is they didn't have their best batsman, and their two best bowlers.
They had no INT players, and only five players with INT experience, none of whom have played regularly for NZ.

With Taylor, Oram and Napier the CSK's would have only made 120 - 130, and then it would of been a much closer match, especially with Taylor's batting.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
That's why I don't like how IPL teams get first pick of players who qualify for more than one team. Having Taylor in the side would just really transform the side. He alone could do some major damage and because of the nature of T20, could easily win a game on his own.

just_cricket

Club Captain
Great to see Adam Milne bounce Raina out! Makes me feel a bit better after he cleaned our school team up last year! Can't see how Palmerston North BHS didn't win the Gillette Cup with him and Bevan Small opening the bowling.

I agree that IPL teams shouldn't get first pick. I can see why sometimes people wouldn't play for their local sides because they feel they are keeping younger talent out (especially if they didn't play for their local team when they won) but people like Taylor should play for their local teams.

Tbh I think whoever New Zealand sent would struggle. We just don't have the money to buy international players like other teams do - pretty much what has happened to CD would be like if this happened to CSK:

a) They weren't allowed any international players (just like CD didn't have).
b) Raina had to play for another team, and Badrinath and Balaji were injured (Taylor had to play for Bangalore, and key players Oram and Napier were injured).

Then the game would have been more even!:laugh

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really don't want to say that, but with Murali and Bollinger starring in the match, I feel like that Chennai has won but India has not. Though Badrinath was a stand-out!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think CD had a good plan in bowling short to Vijay and Raina, but they sorely needed Plan B for Badrinath and Srikkanth, who, in spite of creating a couple of tough chances for the fielders, both looked much more productive against the short stuff. I even suspect they provided food for thought concerning the Indian team.

I liked How's attacking intent in the early part of the game; he wasn't going to die wondering about too many edges through an empty slip cordon. However, I think they and other teams would learn from the results. With a bit of movement, conventional thinking might be to bowl outside off with a offside field, but it doesn't quite work like that if the batsmen are happy to whip the ball to leg from well outside off. Bowling outside off to Indian players can often warrant having the catching men in front of square, perhaps even if it means encouraging them to go for the boundary.

shripathee

School Cricketer
I agree that raina looks very weak in these conditions. The best they can do is change the batting order. Badrinath and anirudh should be promoted up the order. Raina should be finisher.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
I really don't want to say that, but with Murali and Bollinger starring in the match, I feel like that Chennai has won but India has not. Though Badrinath was a stand-out!
I disagree!

Top batsmen yesterday - Badrinath and Anirudha (Both Indians, Tamil Nadu players of course!)
Top bowler yesterday (for the tournament at present as well) - Laxmipathy Balaji (Indian and TN player as well)

So, what do you think? The match was mainly about the Indians and especially the Chennai local players though I will never say Dougie and Murali didn't do much.

Users who are viewing this thread