3rd ODI: Australia v England at Sydney

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If they wanted to get rid of Collingwood, they needed to do it ages ago. Axing him for the WC and going with someone else would probably have the same results as the Prior decision is having now.

But he hadn't been having that bad a run in ODIs, that's the thing. We dropped him because of his Test form, so it's not like we needed to phase him out. He's in bad form, but he's the type of bloke that could go to the WC and average 100.

----------

Can we order a new middle order for the World Cup?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Oh dear Yardy gone now, England going to need a Marsh-Bollinger like partnership to get them out of this mess. Well done Doherty bowled well so far.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Gee England are falling apart here. No partner to guide Trott through the innings, can they even reach 200 here? Maybe Strauss has told the batsman to get out quickly for Trott did to the Captain? :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
English at least have some batting to come with Wright and Woakes. Good move bringing back Lee, still got lots of overs to use as well.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I hope Wright plays his natural game. No point coming out and edging about. Just smash the bad balls.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ya, what is ICC going to do with these names that they couldn't have done within 2 weeks or so? Update their websites?

Would be the publications such as the WC guides. Don't know how much printing time that takes but that would be the one.

Brook

Club Captain
I wish the commentators would stop being so cruel about Doherty doing well. It might just be my natural affinity to him because we have the same surname but really it's not his fault his test career was so bad.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally, Wright has played well and looked like he was going to unleash. Hastings has bowled well since his opening over apart from those bouncers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez that was slack, English really have dropped in intensity since the Ashes. Can't blame them but they will want to get it back soon else they will be waiting another 4 years before they can win the WC.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ I thought that always happened? Team winning the Ashes failed in the ODIs. Last time Aus won 7-0. The one before that England won 7-0 (I think)

----------

bat was over the line but in the air

I thought the new run out law says, if it's over the line but in the air, it's not out? It is it only when the batsman is trying to protect himself?

Brook

Club Captain
^^ I thought that always happened? Team winning the Ashes failed in the ODIs. Last time Aus won 7-0. The one before that England won 7-0 (I think)

----------

I thought the new run out law says, if it's over the line but in the air, it's not out? It is it only when the batsman is trying to protect himself?

Results | Commonwealth Bank Series | ESPN Cricinfo

England won the tournament, but lost a lot of games.

I think if the bat crosses the line then bounces up then thats not out.

Users who are viewing this thread