5th Test: England vs Australia at the Brit Oval

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
:doh. He acknowledged that Ramps scored runs in Division One last year which is why he brought up stats from last year.

Ramps for the Oval!

manee added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Surprisely I can read and the reason I bolded the Div2 part was that Hughes also dominated those attacks and look what happened to him. He also brang up Bopara and he hardly looks good enough to play test cricket either, whose to say Ramps is just going to come in and continue that same form.

61.75 was Ramprakash's average last season, and I think he proved last season that he's still a bottler. It took him an age to get of 99 100's did it not?

Indeed, but people are too willing to use career statistics despite the fact that they are jack all use when determining the value of a player

Care to explain what you mean here?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Care to explain what you mean here?
I think it's pretty clear what he's trying to say. He is saying that immediate form and recent stats mean much more than career stats, which really mean jack all.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I think it's pretty clear what he's trying to say. He is saying that immediate form and recent stats mean much more than career stats, which really mean jack all.

Not always though. Does Matthew Sinclair ring a bell.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Clark worked at Headingley in the first innings, for about 7 overs. After arguing that his accuracy would aid the attack for a while, his second innings completely undid impressions of that spell. It wasn't so much that the lower order teed off on his good deliveries, but that he just didn't have many good deliveries. If he can only bowl straight when under little pressure, then there's not a lot of point.

I've never rated Clark as an ODI bowler and thats what was happening in the 2nd innings. The batters were basically in ODI mode. Unless the English batters are brave enough to do the same in the 1st innings then I can't see Clark having another one of those games. Plus this was his first Test this year so fatigue could have set in.

And yea Siddle was average in the 2nd innings but he won't be dropped. If we want Hauritz back it will be for Clark.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Good to see Flintoff back in England side,it should be really a cracker of game,his last match,and also the series decides,he would definately like to end on wining note...

karnog

International Cricketer
The team i'd like to see if i was English:
1. Cook
2.Ramprakash
3.Strauss
4.Shah
5.Collingwood
6.Bopara
7.Prior
8.Flintoff
9.Swann
10.Sidebottom
11. Onions/Anderson
Personally Onions considering Anderson is very much a new ball bowler. With Flintoff and Sidebottom openning i'd rather see Onions considering he does a lot better with the old ball.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cook
Moore/Key/Denly
Strauss
Ramprakash
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff-x factor
Swann
Rashid- Monty sucked in Cardiff
Onions
Sidebottom
Apparently Batter friendly and i reckon the top 6 can score 400ish. If it isn't spin friendly chuck back Bopara above Prior replacing Rashid.
Just no. Strauss is an opener, I don't want a debutant (Key is as good as) and an underperforming Cook leading the innings. Anderson won't get dropped. No need for two spinners either, there's going to be little spin at The Oval.

karnog

International Cricketer
Just no. Strauss is an opener, I don't want a debutant (Key is as good as) and an underperforming Cook leading the innings. Anderson won't get dropped. No need for two spinners either, there's going to be little spin at The Oval.

lol yeah i changed my side when i saw it was the Oval. Thought it was a spinning pitch. Yeah i'm gonna the 6 batter and 4 bowler route.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Karnog's been calling for Anderson's dropping for months though, has something against him obviously, despite proving himself to be one of the finest swing bowlers in the world.

Rob Key staking his claim for a place in the XI at The Oval. Made 90 from Kent's total of 244 all out. Only player to score a half century. Shame he didn't go on to make a ton, but his 90 is more than the rest of our top order made in the last game.

Users who are viewing this thread