Hussey
Wade
McDonald
Hastings
McKay
Siddle
Nannes
McGain

That way they don't need to worry about who to leave out in the bowling although they still have Harwood and Pattinson waiting in the wings. Batting looks a bit weak though with Carters and Maxwell.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I shiver at the prospect of watching McDonald bat, he'll be useless for all this tournament. A handy bowler though. This match will be decided on who has the better bowling attack (first time I am saying this for a T20 match :))

angryangy

ICC Chairman
McDonald is always so underrated with the bat.

Team will be

1 Brad Hodge
2 Aaron Finch
3 David Hussey (capt)
4 Rob Quiney
5 Andrew McDonald
6 Matthew Wade (wk)
7 Glenn Maxwell
8 John Hastings
9 Clint McKay
10 Shane Harwood
11 Dirk Nannes

They've opted for Maxwell's batting in lieu of McGain and have similarly chosen Hastings over Pattinson or Siddle. Obviously, there's a concern about the batting rather than the bowling to leave out so much bowling and go with all-rounders. Hastings looks okay when he gets his eye in, but he's yet to really prove himself as a limited-overs all-rounder. I think I'd rather have someone with genuine pace, but we'll see.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Going to be a big scoring one unless the spinners can trim it back

angryangy added 14 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Looks like Hastings has put on an extra yard of pace

angryangy added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Prince walks across and tries to paddle McDonald, it's a top edge and Wade takes a stunner down the legside. Are they back in the hunt or do the Warriors still have the advantage?

P

pcfan123

Boucher is in top nick, Id be backing the Warriors to put up 175 plus from here.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Wickets starting to tumble. After how well Davey Jacobs was timing the ball, I'm wondering whether the pitch is losing it or if maybe it was best while the ball was very new.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Jacobs pounces on the ball at mid on, takes it high overhead and lands on his side. A ferocious catch and it's the big wicket of Hodge. They're struggling to find any runs and 158 looks like plenty.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Oh David Hussey was halfway down the pitch! An easy and potentially important run out missed at the non-striker's end.

angryangy added 15 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Another blinder from Jacobs. Finch was looking good, too.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Decent game this. On an other note, the ICC Cricket World Cup logo which keeps flashing on the electronic adboards during these CL T20 games looks neat. By far the best cricket World Cup logo in recent times, although the 2003 WC logo was good as well.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
More so poor bowling and less than brilliant fielding. It's typically a lowish scoring ground and probably all but the first six overs of the match showed that.

Hodge definitely could have taken the game away and Finch might have as well, considering how well he was hitting the ball. Both were dismissed by top class catches more than great bowling, although there were no flaws to the Warriors' attack, even when there were some problems with dew.

When the Vics collapsed, they were looking at a RRR of 10 and after Davey Jacobs got out, pretty much all batsmen were needing time in the middle to start scoring; by that stage it was time the Vics didn't have. If they were chasing 140-145, they may still have fallen short, but I doubt they would have thrown wickets away in the manner they did.

Users who are viewing this thread