8th Match: England v South Africa (Group B)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
England: (probable) 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Joe Denly, 3 Owais Shah, 4 Paul Collingwood, 5 Eoin Morgan, 6 Matt Prior (wk), 7 Luke Wright, 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 James Anderson, 11 Graham Onions.

South Africa: (probable) 1 Graeme Smith, 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 AB de Villiers, 5 JP Duminy, 6 Mark Boucher (wk), 7 Albie Morkel, 8 Johan Botha, 9 Roelof van der Merwe, 10 Wayne Parnell, 11 Dale Steyn

Buoyant England seek encore | Cricket News | ICC Champions Trophy, 2009 | Cricinfo.com

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I feel confident about today's game. Spin will be the key on this aging centurian pitch and we should have the advatage there with RVDM and Botha bowling well. Should be a high scoring game. Batting wise, with Gibbs back, the batting looks dangerous again especially with AB regaining his form.

It should be a cracker.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I said the same thing before England's game against Sri Lanka but I really can't see thme winning this game. England used the conditions very well in the last game but this pitch isn't going to help the likes of Onions and Anderson. I'm picking Onions to get carted here tbh.

Mike23

Club Captain
I said the same thing before England's game against Sri Lanka but I really can't see thme winning this game. England used the conditions very well in the last game but this pitch isn't going to help the likes of Onions and Anderson. I'm picking Onions to get carted here tbh.

True.That's why they should drop either one of them and play Adil Rashed.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
True.That's why they should drop either one of them and play Adil Rashed.

Perhaps. Can't see Rashid doing that well against South Africa. For the most part he was pretty average against Australia, South Africa will target him as someone they can get after.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I think we have barely any chance of winning this one unless South Africa choke big time. We'd need someone to have an unbelieveable game for us to win. Colly century anyone?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I think we have barely any chance of winning this one unless South Africa choke big time. We'd need someone to have an unbelieveable game for us to win. Colly century anyone?

Strauss maybe. He's due for a century sometime.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Strauss possibly but Collingwood always seems to score runs when people start to call for him to be dropped after extended poor form. He plays better when slagged off.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Eion Morgon's keeping, this should be interesting.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
I think England will win this Champions Trophy. ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It's absolutely daft that we didn't take a reserve wicket keeper.

But anyway this has been a good start, but the better we start the more likely it is that we'll cock up in monumental fashion.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
England started off well, but were pulling things back nicely. I think we should be able to chase whatever England puts up anyways though.

Users who are viewing this thread