9th Match: Australia v India (Group A)

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's almost certain that the match is not happening. Now Indians, let us all support Pakistan in their forthcoming match against the Aussies! :happy As our only chance of making it to the semis lies in that match.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

This extract from Cricinfo clearly explains our current situation:

Okay, lets clear the air. People have misread the post at 18.40. First of all, IF this match is abandoned Pakistan are through.

This is with reference to my earlier comment: "So that means for India to go on they will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them."

Many fans appear to have misread this statement, it clearly states For India to go on. The criteria listed out in that comment purely applies to India and what they need to do to go through to the next stage if this match gets abandoned.

Lets get this clear - Pakistan are currently on 4 points, Australia on 2 and India nil. Now lets consider the situation if this match gets abandoned and the two teams split points. India will have one point, and Australia 3.

In the next game, if Australia beat Pakistan, then the situation is straightforward. Australia will move to 5, Pakistan will stay on 4 and India will be knocked out, because even if they beat West Indies, they'll only remain on 3.

If Australia lose to Pakistan, and India beat West Indies, then it's a fight between India and Australia to go through to the semis. Australia will then remain on 3 points, India will also have 3 and the team with the better net run-rate goes through.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I assume the game will be called off now. Let us assume that Pakistan do beat Australia (which is very unlikely, to be honest). Even then we will have to cover an unrealistic amount of ground to make it through. We are at -1.00 now and we will have to first get into the positives and then gain even more ground after that. Unlikely.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes, I am ready to support Pakistan in their game against Australia. It has been a damp squib today with this damn rain. I hope Pakistan can give India a chance to fight in this tournament. One bad game should not ruin their tournament chances. In this game, our bowling has been better than the previous game and our batting (which is the life of our performance in a match) never got a chance. We need one more game to fight for our survival in this tournament. SA got all three games in which they failed in two and deservingly were knocked out.

King Cricket

International Coach
Oh great! Now one of the floodlight-towers isn't working because of it being struck by lightning some moments back. No chance of this match happening as I see it.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan should rest some of their Players for Austraila :).
give other players a chance against the Aussies:D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Both games (Pak vs Aus) and Ind vs WI are on the same day. Which means India would be starting their game against West Indies not knowing if they are actually out. While the game is going on, score updates from the other game will be sent in and the NRR calculations will have to done pretty fast so that India can know by the time the second innings starts as to what they need to do (i.e. if Australia lose to Pakistan)... Uff! How complex it can get if Australia lose. God, please get us 20 overs here somehow!:help

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Semis are decided now. Aus and Pak to go through.

Techincally, NO!

aditya123

National Board President
Its been called off now. Australia and Pakistan go through. Would have been better had we had an opportunity to have a go at the target but if this is how we are to bow out of this competition, so be it. It is not the fairest means of getting eliminated, I must add.

King Cricket

International Coach
Even then we will have to cover an unrealistic amount of ground to make it through

Not exactly "unrealistic". I just checked Cricinfo. Australia's current RR is dot +1, now, if they lose their upcoming match against Pakistan, they will be in the negatives. Let us hope that the margin is as big as it can get.
Coming to us, our RR is -1.08. And if we simply thrash the West Indians in our next match, the RR will be hugely inflated, and who knows? We might go through to the next stage. There are countless "if"s and "but"s here, though.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Semis are decided now. Aus and Pak to go through.

It isn't, it isn't. We still have a chance, man. Just keep your fingers crossed.

King Cricket

International Coach
^ We depended on Bermuda then. Not even the Almighty could have altered the results. This time it's different. It's Pakistan, the mighty Pakistan- the winners of the T-20 World Cup! Go Younis Khan! I am with you. :happy

aditya123

National Board President
Who said cricket is`nt good for Indo-Pak relations!

Users who are viewing this thread