!!! A Must Download For Everybody !!!

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yo Yo Yo Yo.......................YO

Hi, this is what i found today....

DirectX 9c - December 2005 Edition (46.1MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-8985-29a44c601264/directx_dec2005_redist.exe

Although its a 46MB download but no matter if ur on dial-up or broadband, whether it takes u 1 day, 1 hour or 1 minute.....just download and install this. Why?? Here's why :

Ofcourse this is an updated version of the directx which is recommened for all.

I downloaded, installed and played Cricket 2005 and WOOO....

1. I got edges of top order batsman/tailends in an ODI !!!(I got in TEST but despite of the values, never got edges in ODIs...C2005 Bug)

2. More Swing n Seam.....and MORE OFTEN than before.

3. Better FPS.

4. Misc. improvement

5. Maybe many more which i will be discover later.

I dunno if this just affected me but i'm glad it did. This really added another fact in my theory :

"Cricket 2004/05 behaves differently with different systems having different configrations."

So, its a MUST Download.

I think EA Sports(HB Studios) should re-release this as their official C2005 Patch...;)

Lemme know how it behaved in respect to C2005 on ur system.

!!! WORD LIFE !!!

D

Deleted member 11215

Same here im not sure if it can be that good but ill give it a go!

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Technically it should not do anything regarding gameplay etc. Reason- your graphic card is still a directX 8.0 card.
But yes better fps is achievable.

kush

Club Cricketer
can someone check that the december directx version is 4.09.0000.0904 so that i know if it installed correctly on my computer (if you dont know then open 'run' and type in dxdiag and look at the bottom of the window that opens and it will say DirectX version.)
Thanx in advanced.

D

Deleted member 11215

I agree it should only effect your game depending on your graphics card.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
ya, but i think it will affect people wth low-end graphic card(GeForce 4 440mx 64mb).

coz we guys dont really enjoy the BEST graphics...coz our card does not support LOD.

all i can say is....it worked for me....so it was my duty to share it wth everyone.

**even if it didnt work......an updated DirectX is always recommended....;):D

kush

Club Cricketer
tutsipoppy2 said:
ya, but i think it will affect people wth low-end graphic card(GeForce 4 440mx 64mb).

coz we guys dont really enjoy the BEST graphics...coz our card does not support LOD.

all i can say is....it worked for me....so it was my duty to share it wth everyone.

**even if it didnt work......an updated DirectX is always recommended....;):D

Yeh i agree i have a 64mb graphics card and it help the game run smoother.

subhash_i

School Cricketer
downloading it.It is always nice to have latest version available.Thx fo rgiving us the link tutsi.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
This is weird.

Back in April when I got my new Notebook (HP Pavilion 3Ghz), with a ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 graphics card, I found that Cricket 2004 lost some of its bugs for some reason. My previous Notebook had an integrated graphics card and I had heaps of problems with the common bugs such as the running between wickets and the wicket-keeper byes.

On the new computer these problems disappeared. I thought it was just me but maybe it wasn't.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
reps for Tutsi!

i needed to update to Dx9 latest version, anyone with older series cards should get a boost and hopefully itll boost my SLI cards too :D

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
I installed it, and it seems the ball is flying toward the boundary much faster. Might just be that on that computer I haven't installed an AI patch yet. But still, it seems to run away much quicker.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
It does seem to make the game run smoother. I would even go as far as say that it improved the gameplay. Might just be all in my mind though! Reps to Tutsi!

Users who are viewing this thread