A New Dawn...[FM06]

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
anewdawncopyge7.png

August 2006

The start of the season was close. Newcastle had just appointed Sam Allardyce as their new boss. It was simple it seemed, Roeder out, Allardyce in, not so simple was the job in hand. There was a couple of weeks left in the transfer market, the Newcastle fans were impatient to see the players Sam would bring in. "A New Dawn is set upon us", the Newcastle Media Correspondent announced, "Newcastle United will be amongst the best once again!". With that, the many fans cheered like they have not in a long time, the feeling was good around the club, but as Allardyce knew, he is the only one that can change this, but he was determined not to.​

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great to see another story from you rabz :)
Hopefully Allardyce can bring in some great talent and take Newcastle back to the top...

rabeta

News Team Member
allardyceoutlookcopyid4.png

It's Allardyce's first day at the office. He sits down, and straight away jumps onto his computer, he sees a message from Shepard on his laptop and there is an attachment. There in the attachment was an overlook of the upcoming fixtures and everything that Sam needed to be bothered about. He looked at the transfer budget, it was exactly what they had discussed at the meeting, he didn't have much to work with, on 2.3 million.

homebeginningofstorytg5.png

He was on the case anyway though. He realized as much as anyone else that he had to build from the back. He wanted Newcastle to play exiting football, but new if your not getting results you can't move on. Sam wanted to ring in the players, to take this club to a new level.

ringinthechangescopyno5.png

He quickly drafted on third-hand experience the players he wanted to get rid of, and then listed some of his transfer targets, players that he rated, that he could get for good money.

transfertargetswz4.png

He was ready. Time to get on the phone and make some moves, this better pay off, he thought to himself.​

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Love the gfx rabz mate, as I expected I would in this story :)

Love the note pad kind of thing with potential buys/sells, looks like proper scrap paper. As for the new signings, I think Yakuba (the striker, not on the list) would be a nice addition and Lescott also. Hope all goes well in the transfer market for big Sam!

Last edited:

rabeta

News Team Member
mediapressureit4.gif

This is your chance to put pressure on Big Sam to get the players you want, or to tell him what to do. Not always will he give into your ranting and raving, but if you get him frustrated and get the Newcastle fans behind you, he will have to seriously consider your points. Now, get those should-be transfer targets or sellings in now. It's all about pressure...

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
YAKUBU!!!!!!

Get Middlesborough's Yakuba, a quality striker, scores lots of goals and will always work hard to insure he gets the best out of himself. You wanna contend for the top places, you need his quality!

(Nice feature Rabz :))

sammiller

Club Cricketer
He doesnt have enough money ^

Nice update...BILLY SHARP! Cheap and is a steal....I got hime hitting 40 a season once

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If he sells and makes some money he will be able to afford him!

Maybe search around the championship for some players Rabz, you will probably find some decent bargains :)

rabeta

News Team Member
allardyceoutlookxy9.png

It was another day at the office, Sam was trying to get some players in. There was little activity in the days leading up to the Deportivo match. Big Sam offered some players to clubs and made a few offers, but all were rejected. Things did look up though, when Southampton offered the money he wanted for Babayaro, something like £600,000. Only for Babayaro rejecting there contact offer, becasue he wanted more. So that was that for Sam, he had to concentrate on the game and put the annoyance of the past couple of days behind him. He new things would be on the up soon, and he was hoping it was tonight. He spent a while on the team, he wanted everything to be right, they had all tried to impress him in training, but he new the players he
wanted to start.

He wanted a lot of width, he thought you could get Spanish teams there, and opted for Duff and Solano to make best use of the wings. The strike-force was obvious, Martins and Owen, though Sam felt they lacked physically upfront, though he didn't envisage and problems with this against Depor. So that was that, he told the boys what he wanted and how he wanted them to play nice positive football at a good tempo. No encouragement, the lads were up for it.

Tactics

newvsdepor1me0.png

The game started poorly, they were 1-0 down after 4 minutes, a penalty, which Diego Tristan calmly put away. Newcastle always looked the better team though, as you would expect, they were at home, but they had already conceded the away goal which could be crucial. It didn't take too long though, for Newcastle to get back on level terms, a well worked goal which Martins in the end, slotted away. So 1-1 it was, and it stayed this way right to the end of the first half. Big Sam encouraged the lads, and told him that they were playing well, and just needed to find another goal. He decided on no substitutions. The game dragged on from here, both teams getting chances, and it looked like it would end up in a draw. However, late on in the game, the 87th minute in fact, a screamer from Emre saw Newcastle give this tie something else going into the second leg. It was again, well worked, and the ball came to the edge of the area, and Emre curled the ball straight into the top-hand corner, and gave Molina no chance. Sam was ecstatic, nothing like getting a win in your first game!

Overview

Player Overview

So that was that, Sam had got off to a good start, but there is no rest for the wicked, he knew the next day, he would be back back in the office and on the phone. Oh well, he thought to himself, if this is what gets the club glory, then I am happy to do it. Sam walked out of a happy changing room and got ready to face the press...

mediapressurequestionsup5.gif

This is your chance to see Sam reply to your questions!! Make sure to post them!​

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great win there for newcastle, good job for the Emre selection :)

Q: Sam, How does it feel to be in charge of Newcastle at such a hard period in the club's history?

Also, What players are your main priorities in the transfer market?

rabeta

News Team Member
Thanks a lot for the comment Trev and I will be sure to ask Big Sam the question lol. Anymore questions?? lol, I will not update unless I have a few, and you know you all want to see another update lol ;)

pinchinator

International Cricketer
oh me i have a question: Do you think you can actually sign big name player such as Micah Richards from Man City or are you just filling our heads with lies!?

rabeta

News Team Member
postmatchinterviewfb9.png

Sam walked into the press room, expecting to see quite a few journalists ready to ask him questions after a good results. To his surprise, there were just 2 sitting there, one fiddling with an earing, the other deciding on a sheet of paper when to change his name next. I said hello, and they replied the same. The one on my left was a journalist from The Mirror, the name, Jack, or Treva as he liked to be known. The other was from The Sun, who had a vague resemblance in looks to all the members of Blink 182, not that I was into that sort of music, but I had seen them on the telly a couple of times. SO for the questions, I sat down, and they asked me a question each.

Q: Sam, How does it feel to be in charge of Newcastle at such a hard period in the club's history?

Well I agree that in recent years, Newcastle haven't been where they would like to be. However, I do not believe that it is a hard period for me to take over in purely based on the players I am seeing everyday in training. They are still working hard and I am sure that this will pay off this season and hopefully we can go on to greater things.

oh me i have a question: Do you think you can actually sign big name player such as Micah Richards from Man City or are you just filling our heads with lies!?

Well, of course we have many options we are looking at, one of them the player you have just mentioned. About the signing being lies, well, as we have many options some of the options will of course, not make it to St.James' park, but I am positive that by the start of the season, even with our small budget, that I will bring some quality players in, to give the Newcastle fans something to smile about.

Also, What players are your main priorities in the transfer market?

Well, I can't disclose too much information yet, but I will say again, there are many options. My priority in terms of positional signings will be to get quality defenders in, to really strengthen our back line.

"Thanks a lot for you time", they told Sam, and that was that, Sam walked back the changing rooms, disappointed that not many people turned up, but pleased that they game was over, and a good result was taken from it.

Users who are viewing this thread