AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
ashes-2009.jpg

Here is the much-anticipated open beta from Transmission Games and Codemasters for Ashes Cricket 2009. Please read the information below before installing.

Hi all,

We'd like to share with you our progress so far by releasing Ashes Cricket 2009 V1.1 Open Beta 1. This Beta concentrates on Single Player, with Play Online currently disabled. We are currently working on some online improvements, but rather than wait until we're happy with those changes, instead we'd like to make the current build available for you all to try. Please keep in mind that this is a *Beta*, and not a final release of the patch. Tell us what you think of the changes, in how matches play out, the pacing, the difficulty, and just basically the fun of the game!

What's in the patch?

A broad summary of the changes for V1.1 Open Beta 1 are as follows:

• Addressed suicidal run outs with smarter running between wickets.
  • Improvements to bowler speeds and improved bounce.
  • Edges now often carry through to the slips fielders.
  • Numerous improvements to batsmen AI - including aggression, pacing and shot selection.
  • Improvements to bowling and bowling AI, including improvements to hot spots, spinners, tactics and the types of deliveries the AI chose.
  • It's now easier to bowl and LBW the AI batsmen, especially when employing a degree of strategy.
  • Modifications to the English and Australian team line ups.
  • Added support for antialiasing. (PC Only)
  • Improvements to task scheduler fixing problems where game would run unnaturally slower on high end machines (PC Only).
  • Various bug fixes.

A more detailed list is in the readme.txt for more information. We've also added a basic check for updates, so you'll be notified when a newer build becomes available.

How to install and keep the Retail version on the same system.

More than likely, you'll want to keep your retail 1.0 build on your PC, especially since Open Beta 1 doesn't include online support. To do this, simply copy your Ashes Cricket 2009 installation folder, to keep your v1.0 installation, and then proceed to install the patch.

Hey, what happened to my save games?

For Open Beta 1, we've decided to use a different folder for save games, so we don't risk damaging your existing save data. If you'd like Open Beta 1 to use your existing save games, simply copy your existing save data in your "My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" folder to the "Ashes Cricket 2009 v1_1 Open Beta 1" folder.

What to do next

Play the game! Tell us what you think by posting your impressions on the forum here. Pay particular attention to any critical balancing issues, pacing or problems with difficulty. We want to avoid any one major issue negatively impacting on the experience.

Open Beta 2

Hopefully later in the week, we'll be providing another Beta Update with online re-enabled with the following improvements:
  • A new 5-star 'Match Completion' rating to deal with quitters.
  • Leaderboard data now updates even if you don't complete matches.
  • Improved handling of lag during bowling.

Thanks a lot for your feedback to date. We've worked really hard to try to listen closely to feedback and address as much as we can, and we sincerely hope you'll find Open Beta 1 a valuable improvement. Special thanks to all those that have been involved with the Closed Beta, we really appreciate your open and honest feedback.

Where to from here?

We'll pay attention to feedback from Open Beta 1, and try to address any new major issues that may appear. We'll be following up with Open Beta 2 later in the week that will have Play Online re-enabled. Once we're happy that the beta of v1.1 has no major new issues, from there we'll be gearing up for a final v1.1 release for PC, while submitting this title update for owners of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this patch is to address major game play issues, not to add new features or make the perfect game. We listen to all feedback and suggestions, but just can't possibly get to everything. What we can do is focus and prioritize our efforts on what we think matters the most to most people who bought the game on all platforms.

Anyways, enough reading, get downloading and playing! :D

Transmission Games

FAQ

I get a not-compatible message when I try to install.

Either you downloaded it from Steam/Gameplanet, in which case bad luck, or you stole it, in which case bad karma.

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yas!

Don't even have to wait til I get back from Sweden. :banana2

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Awesome! Looks exciting. I'm gonna try it on my Laptop.

Thanks, Transmission and codies!

EDIT: I'm gonna pray and praise the Transmission lords countless times a day if they can make the game compatible for Intel cards! :p :hpraise

Last edited:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Sweet work gentlemen, gonna try it our ASAP, heck the online additions in Beta 2 are way too temping. Thank you Transmission & Codies , you rule :)

Last edited:

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
Erm, the installer seems to have got stuck on extracting nsq18F2.tmp to a local folder. Should I end the installer process and start again?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
wow.. great newss.. gonna try it and will post my thoughts soon :)

Sureshot

Executive member
Expecting some reviews from the guys already tried.

I might as well...

It's improved a lot in all areas. Batting is hard, lose concentration and you will lose a wicket. (I think it's given me tourettes...) Bowling is much more varied, you can get bowled's and LBW's. Oh yes, fourth ball of a test match and Mr Katich plays all around an in-swinger from Anderson!

The AI batting, well, less kamikazee, you'll get sensible run rates if you bowl well. You can bowl dark green balls, and it'll defend them.

Running between the wickets is much improved from how it was, still some work to do on this aspect, but the guys at TG know this and have worked hard to get it to it's state now.

Spinners now have a use.

The game is a lot smoother to run, that's a biggie.

The guys at TG and Codies deserve a lot of respect for this patch (and it's not finished yet, it should be emphasised, this is an Open Beta of the patch, not the end patch itself), they've put in a lot of work in to this and are showing levels of support that are excellent. The realism aspect is very good. It's not perfect, we know that, they know that. Never the less, the improvements made have transformed the game and increased the playability of the game ten-fold, if not more so.

:cheers

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally I can use slips from now on ;)

Last edited:

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
wow..this came in time..
thanks a lot transmission..need to play few games to understand the said changes..will post a review afterwards..

Users who are viewing this thread