additional all time teams...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
as i mentioned in the complete linked thread, i am looking to make All Time Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Zimbabwe, and Associate teams which I will share in CA as these are no on the disc but i'd like to play them. I can't promise the lookalikes will be great, as my time is limited but I hope to get at least the rosters and stats right, and I will use good created players on the CA - which for SL and Pak there are several, less so for Zim - to speed things up.

Reason for this thread is to share my planned rosters and see if anyone with more knowledge may also suggest players i've missed or who i have included maybe at the expense of someone more deserving.

also, when i get a chance i will show who is made already in CA and who isn't in case anybody wishes to make any of players.

before anyone asks, no at the moment I do not intend to make an all time Bangladesh, firstly i don't know enough about their players, and i don't really see myself playing with or against them enough to want to spend the time making them...

Anyway, my proposed rosters are as follows:
All Time Sri Lanka
Mahela Jayawardene
Kumar Sangakarra
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan
Aravinda de Silva
Sanath Jayasuriya
Tillekeratne Dilshan
Hashan Tillerkaratne
Chaminda Vaas
Arjuna Ranatunga
Marvan Attapatu
Thilan Samararaweera
Rangana Herath
Dilhara Fernando
Ravi Ratnayeke
Rumesh Ratnayeke
Ravindra Pushpakumara
Bandula Warnapura*
Mahes Goonatilleke*
Asanka Gurusinha
Brendon Kuruppu
Pramodya Wickramasinghe
Romesh Kaluwitharana

*figures-wise i know Warnapura and Goonatilleke don't stand comparison with some of the others on the list, but Warnapura was SL's first test captain, and Goonatilleke was a very respected wicketkeeper. But for their decision to tour with Arosa Sri Lanka to South Africa in 1982/83 I am sure they would have had better careers. (p.s. I am making Arosa Sri Lanka and all the other Rebel Touring squads as well as the Union of South Africa players from those series too)

All Time Pakistan
Mohammad Yousuf
Hanif Mohammad
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Imran Khan
Javed Miandad
Younis Khan
Inzamam ul Haq
Moin Khan
Shoaib Akhtar
Saeed Ajmal
Saeed Anwar
Abdul Qadir
Saqlain Mushtaq
Iqbal Qasim
Fazal Mahmood
Sarfaz Nawaz
Saleem Malik
Zaheer Abbas
Misbah ul Haq
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Imtiaz Ahmed

All Time Zimbabwe
Andy Flower
Grant Flower
Alistair Campbell
Heath Streak
Dave Houghton
Murray Goodwin
Kevin Arnott
Brendan Taylor
Tatenda Taibu
Ray Price
Paul Strang
Henry Olonga
Eddo Brandes
Guy Whittal
Neil Johnson
John Traicos
Prosper Utseya
Douglas Hondo
Duncan Fletcher
Sean Ervine

Provisional All Time Associate/Non-Test nations
Ashish Bagai Canada
Bart King USA
Basil Robinson Canada
Carst Posthuma Netherlands
Clem Gibson Argentina
Dermott Monteith Ireland
Edgar Schiferli Netherlands
Gerry Snyman Namibia
Hamid Hassan Afghanistan
Herbert Dorning Argentina
Ilikena Bula Fiji
James Aitchison Scotland
Jimmy Boucher Ireland
Kenneth Kamyuka Uganda
Kevin O'Brien Ireland
Mohammad Shahzad Afghanistan
Mohammad Nabi Afghanistan
Niall O'Brien Ireland
Ole Mortensen Denmark
Paras Khadka Nepal
Paul-Jan Bakker Netherlands
Peter Ongondo Kenya
Ravindu Shah Kenya
Reginald Conyers Bermuda
Roland Lefebvre Netherlands
Ryan Ten Doeschate Netherlands
Sheridan Raynor Bermuda
Steve Tikolo Kenya
Thomas Odoyo Kenya
Trent Johnston Ireland

(really unsure if to put Ed Joyce in this, since he played ODIs for England as well as Ireland. and if i add him, who to take out since i'm already at 30 players.)

be great to hear your (considered) thoughts on the rosters...

Last edited:

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Really good rosters. I've been looking at them for the last 10 minutes and I can't think of any big omissions.

The only two I could possibly think of are Ajantha Mendis (SL) and Charles Coventry (ZIM). Coventry doesn't have a good record but has Zimbabwe's all time highest ODI score and was level with Saeed Anwar for the all time record at one point. I'm not sure if that qualifies for your team. Mendis is one of the best one day spin bowlers I've seen, although his test record is patchy.

Those are the only additions I can see, but it depends what your criteria is.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Really good rosters. I've been looking at them for the last 10 minutes and I can't think of any big omissions.

The only two I could possibly think of are Ajantha Mendis (SL) and Charles Coventry (ZIM). Coventry doesn't have a good record but has Zimbabwe's all time highest ODI score and was level with Saeed Anwar for the all time record at one point. I'm not sure if that qualifies for your team. Mendis is one of the best one day spin bowlers I've seen, although his test record is patchy.

Those are the only additions I can see, but it depends what your criteria is.

thanks.

don't really have any criteria as such, just mainly that if i remembered them (or for older ones) had heard of them, that was probably a good indicator and then did a bit of checking on statsguru too. also, less concerned about numbers as much as did they make a sustained contribution to cricket in that time - you can get pretty poor numbers but still have held together a poor side...

Yes Mendis is probably worthy of being in the SL roster. probably went too strongly on Tests. Will need to check out Coventry - name rings a bell but not much more. cheers

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There's only one Brendan Taylor who plays for Zimbabwe.

Day7

School Cricketer
you mentioned dilhara fernando and brendan taylor twice.
Pretty good list though.
though maybe umar gul instead of kamran akmal?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There's only one Brendan Taylor who plays for Zimbabwe.

Ah yes thanks for spotting that :) not sure if i wrote his name twice meaning him or wrote it the second time in place of another...

I am relying on you @SpitfiresKent to make other suggestions for Zim. What about Charles Coventry? or Kevin Curran?

----------

you mentioned dilhara fernando and brendan taylor twice.
Pretty good list though.
though maybe umar gul instead of kamran akmal?

Thanks for the spot!

May consider adding Gul, think it would be harsh to remove kamrak akmal - he has actually scored more runs as a wicketkeeper for pakistan than anyone else... (though if i playing as them i would probably choose moin khan!)

----------

duplicates removed!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Sean Ervine? Although he no longer intends to play for Zimbabwe he has done in the past. Coventry probably deserves to be in their for his 194* in a one dayer.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Getting in an all time team on the merit of just 1 inning? Personally, I would raise the bar a bit more. It's an all time team we are talking about here. Just my 2 cents.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
^ Getting in an all time team on the merit of just 1 inning? Personally, I would raise the bar a bit more. It's an all time team we are talking about here. Just my 2 cents.

you are right but the Zimbabwe bar isn't "that" high... though I am sure the first XI would be pretty competitive (light on bowling maybe)

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Coventry probably deserves to be in their for his 194* in a one dayer.
Since you pointed out errors from BD: *there ;)

Sean Ervine? Although he no longer intends to play for Zimbabwe he has done in the past.
Good call on Ervine. I thought he was in the team, but I must have been missed him. He's probably one of the best Zimbabwean players in recent times. It's a shame he turned down the 2011 World Cup.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Kyle Jarvis?

asprin

Administrator