Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Great win by Zimbabwe. Over the past 6 months they've shown that they are good enough to compete with anyone in ODIs.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The Afghans have been terrific this series. To actually understand the magnitude of their effort, one has to keep in mind that the Zims have been really competitive against all major sides in their home season. For an Associate with very little experience to tour and do as well as Afghanistan have done is commendable. I`m happy for them. They are my second team in World Cricket.

Unfortunately, the ICC is blind and does not recognize the way Ireland, Afghanistan and co. have progressed. We can seriously have a pool of at least 15 nations that are competitive now. If we do not host a 16 nation world cup now, we will never do that. Plus, the adamant stand on cricket at the Olympics. I seriously wonder if the ICC is there to spread the sport at all. Here we have Ireland, PNG, Afghanistan, Nepal, Hong Kong, Oman, Netherlands all raising their game in the last couple of years despite the efforts of the governing body to cripple them. Really sad.

PokerAce

Banned
First of all the series against Irl and now Afg is a great idea, and I would like more such tournaments to keep happening. Zimbabwe did well to beat Ireland, but Afghanistan have done a great job to win the series in Zim in foreign conditions.

Things are looking good for Afghanistan they have always impressed in all their outings. I look forward to them playing in the World T20, and doing well in conditions that are more familiar to them. Perhaps they could qualify past the group stages this event.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
WTF is happening, but still Zimbabwe are clearly a better side!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Embarrassing to say the least. Afghanistan will probably start as favourites in the T20's too.

Happy to see Sean Williams get his first ODI hundred though :)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland

OK, more accurately he's missing one team from both hemispheres ;)

Slightly more seriously, if anything Ireland have declined recently. The players they had a few years ago are all getting old and retiring and they have a relatively weak youth team - the under 19s missed the World Cup again. Compared to Afghanistan and a few other sides - hell, even Scotland - they're going to fall back a bit. Although that's more the Scotlands and the Nepals of the world improving rather than Ireland falling significantly back and hopefully it will be good for the Associate countries; with one team knocking on the door there's an easy solution, if you have four or five the ICC might have to consider some radical reforms that ought to improve the game for everyone

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So we can't even beat Afghanistan now...

:(

aditya123

National Board President
OK, more accurately he's missing one team from both hemispheres ;)

Slightly more seriously, if anything Ireland have declined recently. The players they had a few years ago are all getting old and retiring and they have a relatively weak youth team - the under 19s missed the World Cup again. Compared to Afghanistan and a few other sides - hell, even Scotland - they're going to fall back a bit. Although that's more the Scotlands and the Nepals of the world improving rather than Ireland falling significantly back and hopefully it will be good for the Associate countries; with one team knocking on the door there's an easy solution, if you have four or five the ICC might have to consider some radical reforms that ought to improve the game for everyone

Did I miss anyone? The only Southern hemisphere side I can think of is PNG.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Did I miss anyone? The only Southern hemisphere side I can think of is PNG.

You're missing a certain Northern Hemisphere country that finished level with the Netherlands in the T20 qualifier earlier this year

aditya123

National Board President
You're missing a certain Northern Hemisphere country that finished level with the Netherlands in the T20 qualifier earlier this year

Sorry for missing out on the mighty Scots.

Users who are viewing this thread