AFL 2006

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
For all you AFL lovers around here. Post your AFL rubbish in here and not our NRL thread :)
I have no idea what is going on so I'll let you guys talk about how good the Sydney Swans are :p

James219

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
I have no idea what is going on so I'll let you guys talk about how good the Sydney Swans are :p

Oh, they're very good :p
They were a little unsteady in the opening few matches of the season, but recently have shown some signs of regaining form and some fluency in their game.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
cool! :)

ummmm...lets see, the Western Bulldogs appear usntoppable atm, but i think theyre overrated and should crumble soon. They have no real quality talls and rely on their migit forward line.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
James219 said:
Oh, they're very good :p
They were a little unsteady in the opening few matches of the season, but recently have shown some signs of regaining form and some fluency in their game.
Not really...they "just" beat Carlton and lost to Melbourne at home. They are pityful! Well i cant talk being a Essendon supporter! :p

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Boy, that last game from the Swans against the Demons was a cracker! 91-91 Demons come up with the ball take a goal with 38 secs left. 97-91. The swans rush into attack and the ball goes to Nick Davies (as I recall), 40 meters from directly in front with about 18 secs left kicks and misses!!! 97-92!

But the Swans are still in trouble after a shocker start to the season, Leo Barry has been not as good as last year at all.

In other news, Port Adelaide will have quite a few players going to the tribunal for being absolute idiots!

genghis_khan said:
cool! :)

ummmm...lets see, the Western Bulldogs appear usntoppable atm, but i think theyre overrated and should crumble soon. They have no real quality talls and rely on their migit forward line.

I think they are under-rated. They were very poor last season and look what they have done in the off season. There team is starting to really take big wins and may even finish as minor-premiers.

.::Stevo::. said:
Not really...they "just" beat Carlton and lost to Melbourne at home. They are pityful! Well i cant talk being a Essendon supporter! :p

Speaking of Essendon, they are in big trouble without Lloyd. ;)

Last edited:

James219

International Cricketer

Oi, I said 'some' signs, I'm not over-confident :p
Most aspects have been pretty terrible, but there's hope!

Last edited:

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
lol i hate Nick Davis

sydney have been shocking this year, and lets hope their poor form continues on saturday night! :)

James219

International Cricketer
genghis_khan said:
lol i hate Nick Davis

sydney have been shocking this year, and lets hope their poor form continues on saturday night! :)

How dare you speak ill of Australia's main source of cricketing talent ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Don't worry the Swans will take Sydney by storm again this year. How come the mighty big state doesn't have more than 1 team? Is it like the NRL and Melbourne?

International Coach
IloveGilly said:
Speaking of Essendon, they are in big trouble without Lloyd. ;)

I dont like Lloyd much, hes good but i just dont like him. Hird is where its at;)

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
an essendon supporter who dislikes Matthew Lloyd...very strange.

james hird is a champ......but Gary Ablett Jnr is where its at ;)

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
aussie1st said:
Don't worry the Swans will take Sydney by storm again this year. How come the mighty big state doesn't have more than 1 team? Is it like the NRL and Melbourne?

Don't think it's that popular there and maybe they don't want to use anymore money on new teams. They'd have to introduce a bye too.

I dont like Lloyd much, hes good but i just dont like him. Hird is where its at;)

Just "good". He kicked 6 goals against the Swans in 1 quarter. He practically hits it dead straight everytime.

International Coach
IloveGilly said:
Don't think it's that popular there and maybe they don't want to use anymore money on new teams. They'd have to introduce a bye too.

Just "good". He kicked 6 goals against the Swans in 1 quarter. He practically hits it dead straight everytime.
Yes, hes a superb kick, but hes very inconsistant when it comes to performance. He looks for Free-kicks far to much which im not a fan of.... I wanna see my team earn the ball, not get it given to them.

@Aussie1st: In the near there will be a second team in both NSW and Queensland since AFL is growing rapidly. The reason that theres no 'second" NRL team here is no-one gives a stuff about NRL at all down here, and that includes SA, WA and tassie........

International Coach
NRL basically isnt growing at all to be honest. Its a shame, the only thing i like about NRL is your "footy" show (why the hell do they call it footy?)

Users who are viewing this thread