AMA Ahmad94 - Literally anything!!

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just a bunch of questions relating to the events of the previous year:

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
What new skills did you acquire during the year?
Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
What was the best gift you received?
Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
Any favorite movie relased during the year?
If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?
Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

Apologies if these have already been asked. I don't have the patience to go through every question posted in every thread.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@RUDI

Bio

Name: XXXXXX (I made that mistake once and woke up to 20 friend requests on Facebook)
Surname: Ahmad
Birthdate: 22/12/94
Sex: Male
Relationship status: Single
Language/s: English, Urdu and Hindi
Height: 5’11’’
Weight: 90kg

Sports: Cricket (Obviously – almost religiously), Basketball and at times American Football

Best Sports Achievement/s: Played in the 2nd XI Basketball side at uni for a while – which is a real achievement because I go to one of the major sports unis in England.
Cricket > Played mostly recreationally but did play on the school side.
Swimming > Completed my training up to lifeguarding, started working on diving but left due to lack of time. Done some basic competitions around the West Midlands (usually inter-schools) but nothing major.
Sporting regrets: I wish I had played competitive cricket during my early years. We had a great cricket club just around the corner from my house, but I was never allowed to go because it would affect my studies. One of my biggest regrets is not playing there.
Actively Playing? Play a little Ultimate Frisbee at university and the occasionally 5-a-side with friends on the weekend, although I am nowhere near as athletic as I used to be/ want to be.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
lol. Good times.

10 PC members you'd want to have dinner with?
Have you ever visited Pakistan? If yes, what was it like? Do you feel a strong connection to your heritage or want to strengthen whatever connection you have rn?

@Simon, @CerealKiller, @Rehan_24, @zimrahil, @Fenil, @Aislabie @El Loco @VC the slogger (people that come to mind immediately)

Yeah, I used to go every year for 6 weeks during the summer for the first 20 years of my life. Over the last 2 or 3 years, I have lost some of the enthusiasm since my grandmother passed over and major parts of my extended family moved abroad.

I think it’s a beautiful place, the North of Pakistan (Although admittedly I have never been up there). Karachi is a massively overpopulated city. I would compare it to the likes of London in its hustle although it certainly lacks diversity. I find the people charming and its passion to be unmatched by other places around the world - may be a little biased there. Parts of it are breath-taking – Bahria Town, Hoxbay beach, Mazar-e-Quaid etc. with more joining that list on a daily basis but parts of it are extremely run down and full of poverty – a generic Asian city.

I do feel a strong connection. Obviously, I support them in cricket and get emotional over political or economic decisions. I really want Pakistan to succeed as a country. I know that it can because of its labour force, there are economic and religious factors that are holding it back – mostly religious, but once religion takes a back seat a little we could be on the track to great prosperity.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?

Over too fast.

What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?

Having good connection is far better than having a good degree

What new skills did you acquire during the year?

I guess I learned to code a little (A major passion of mine)

Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?

Not really. I am quite set in my ways.

What was the best gift you received?

Money - honestly don't really want/need anything.

Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?

I graduated with my bachelor’s degree. Pretty proud moment for myself and my family.

Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?

Ed Sheeran album isn’t too bad.

Any favorite movie relased during the year?

Mostly just been remakes this year, didn’t mind the new Justice league

If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?

I haven’t, although I hope to in 2018.

What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?

Been less crazy and more proactive during the year.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

A solid 6/10. Let’s top it this year.

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to learn, improve or master in 2018?

Learning to master Python

Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?

The ability to work harder for a longer period of time.

Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?

My take-away based diet!!!!

What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?

Want to head in to professional employment (in a good job which I am proud of) by Sept this year.

Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?

Afghanistan, they play with the carefree attitude and seem to be able to impose themselves on all sides (big or small)

Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?

I want to say Pakistan, but I know it will most likely be Australia (and deservedly so)

Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?

Faheem Ashraf ( I expect an Afridi-esque win caused because of him this year)

Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

I guess I have to support England, although honestly I will most likely on watch the semi’s and final.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Just realised that I threw shade on economics on the same question that you answered on it :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
You won't be watching England then :p

England side looks weak, like most years. I don't see it going far at all - we'll finish second in the group with 2 wins 1 loss (to Belgium), but probably not further.

I remember in the last couple of WC, we used to get days of school for the England games, I don't think similar rules apply at uni though!! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1515367512][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just realised that I threw shade on economics on the same question that you answered on it :p

Funnily enough, I remember you telling me you did Economics at A-Levels and I choose straight sciences, now we both switched paths.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
What is the commonest example of a Veblen Good?

S

Satan666

Born English? When did your family migrated?

Which three mods you’ll suggest to Matt be equipped to administrate the forums?

Star Trek fan? Any similar cult following?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
What is the commonest example of a Veblen Good?

Not going to lie had to google define that. I was originally going to say gold, but that dips in price so the only thing I can think of is luxury exclusive brands.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Born English? When did your family migrated?

Which three mods you’ll suggest to Matt be equipped to administrate the forums?

Star Trek fan? Any similar cult following?

1. Born in Cork, Ireland. Lived in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years then came to the UK around 2000 and have been here since.

2. I think we're fine at the moment

3. Not really, nor Star Wars. Used to be a massive fan of Harry Potter when I was a kid but I tried to re-read those books couple of years back and realised how poorly those books were written. The only thing that I follow is Reddit stories especially horror stories.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Used to be a massive fan of Harry Potter when I was a kid but I tried to re-read those books couple of years back and realised how poorly those books were written.

:eek: what don’t you like about them, I love those books :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
:eek: what don’t you like about them, I love those books :p

I used to read them religiously during high school. When the final film came out in 2011/12 I wanted to reread from the start to see how much they had missed out in the movies. The first couple of books (Philosopher's Stones and Chamber of Secret) have such poor writing style. The reason is that the books were originally designed for kids, however, the ridiculous success of it meant that she had to change her style of writing.

Plus, when you start reading works from Stephen King, Terry Pratchett and Tolkien, you quickly realise how much better their style of writing and level of engagement is. Have you had the change to read any of their works?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Read all of Tolkien’s works and love them but I still like the HP books. They are easier to read and understand which is great depending on my mood. I must make make mental note to not invite you to the PC staff’s yearly Harry Potter fan convention at JK Rowling's home :p

Users who are viewing this thread