Draft: All-Time Cricket Sixes

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If it isn't too late, can I join this draft? :)

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Sanath+Jayasuriya.jpg

Well I was looking for somebody who can get on top of the bowlers straight from the outset and not give them any respite whatsoever, and I don't need to look any further than Sanath Jayasuriya. Capable of smashing it to all parts of the ground, there is no such thing as building momentum in this man's book, just all-out aggression.
Let's not forget his bowling too, with his constant variation in pace making sure not to let the batsmen settle in even for one moment.

1. :sri::ar: Sanath Jayasuriya

@blockerdave

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
1197438_1296x729.jpg

Chris Gayle
. Don't blush guys... Christopher Henry Gayle is here. What can I say about the Universe boss, he is already the king of T20s, i think a format such as this would be perfect for the boss. He can even bowl an over.

1. :wi: :ar: Chris Gayle
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

@Bevab you are next

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:eng::ar:Gilbert Jessop, the bloke who smoked sixes for fun back when they had to actually go out of the stadium to merit the two extra runs. One of the quickest run scorers in the history of cricket and perhaps the player who missed out on T20 cricket the most. He could also bowl quick although injuries restricted his ability to bowl for long later on. In a sixes game I imagine that wouldn't be a problem and I would get six high quality and quick deliveries.

@AsadRM

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just a question; can I pick Ab de Villiers as a wicket keeper (because he used to keep at one stage in his career)?

@Aislabie

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Kieron Pollard, who has scored exactly 10000 T20 runs off 6641 balls, at a strike rate of 150, smashing 652 sixes, which is five higher than the number of fours. And he can bowl decently too.

CerealKiller's XI
1. :tat: Kieron Pollard :ar:

@Aislabie

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Brendon-McCullum-of-New-Zealand-bats271.jpg

:nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum

T20 stats
: SR: 136.49, b/6: 14.98 in 370 matches
Peak performance: 77 (25) vs England, 2015

There are players out there who strike at better than McCullum's 136, and there are players out there who might clear the ropes more often than once every fifteen balls. But to look at McCullum's overall numbers is to rather miss the point: more than almost any other player, he was able to single-mindedly decide that every ball must go and then have the skill to put that idea into action. The most obvious example occurred in the 2015 Cricket World Cup, the tournament when he decided that building an entire team around brazen aggression would take New Zealand far. Most notably, it wasn't enough to roll England over for 125, he had to go out and flay the life out of their new ball pair. By the end of the seventh over, New Zealand had 105 runs without loss. Steven Finn had bowled two overs for 49. He won't be getting picked up in this draft.

@Aislabie 's VI:
2. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum

@Yash.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
great pick, was going to be my next... but my next pick seems like a long way from now

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
:aus: :wk: Adam Gilchrist

At his best, can rip any bowler to shreds. Has a healthy strike rate of 141 in T20 Cricket, and has also leadership capabilities, leading Deccan Chargers to the IPL trophy in 2009. Also one of the world's best wicket keepers ever. Will open the innings.

@Aislabie

Users who are viewing this thread