Draft: All-Time IPL Draft

mohsin7827

International Cricketer
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Where Hardik Pandya goes opportunity for Ravindra Jadeja comes.
Not going by stats(they are not bad aswell), A utility player, A gun fielder and offcourse for celebration.
BareOrderlyCobra-size_restricted.gif

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Yuzvendra Chahal has been nothing short of excellent in t20s, with a stellar economy rate in the IPL considering he played half of his games at the Chinnaswamy and the clutch factor of delivering every time his team needs him to.

Neptune's 11

3. :ind: :bat: Suresh Raina
5. :ind: :ar: Yuvraj Singh
7. :ind: :ar: :slvo: Kapil Dev
10. :ind: :bwl: Yuzvendra Chahal
11. :pak: :bwl: :slvo: Waqar Younis

@Parth D

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
:ar: Kieron Pollard

article-2633040-1E0540F700000578-517_634x530.jpg

The best all rounder of IPL ever. 3 Dimensional. :spy

3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. :wi: :os: :ar: Kieron Pollard
  7. :wi: :os: :ar: Sir Garfield Sobers :slvo:
  8. ?
  9. :ind: :local: :ar: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
  10. :pak: :os: :ar: Wasim Akram :slvo:
  11. :ind: :local: :bwl: Javagal Srinath :slvo:

@Bevab proceed.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yuzvendra Chahal has been nothing short of excellent in t20s, with a stellar economy rate in the IPL considering he played half of his games at the Chinnaswamy and the clutch factor of delivering every time his team needs him to.

Neptune's 11

3. :ind: :bat: Suresh Raina
5. :ind: :ar: Yuvraj Singh
7. :ind: :ar: :slvo: Kapil Dev
10. :ind: :bwl: Yuzvendra Chahal
11. :pak: :bwl: :slvo: Waqar Younis

@Parth D

Would have very likely been my next pick, outstanding player who deserves much better in the future.

Bevab

Staff Member
So I was looking around for older players who could replicate what was offered by the best IPL pacers of our time and then realized that remarkably, the IPL's highest wicket-taker still remains up for grabs!

There is not much that needs to be said about the legend of :sri::bwl:Lasith Malinga. One of the few cricketers to win the IPL a record four times, he has been an integral part of his team in nearly every season he has played. Until the end of 2016, he averaged a scarcely believable 17.87 with the ball and had a miserly economy of just 6.70 to boot. For someone who predominantly operates in the powerplay and in the death overs, that is a ludicrous record. Even in the twilight of his career with his career winding down, Malinga had one last ace up his sleeve with an outstanding spell in the final over after being hit around the park by Watson forcing the latter to run-out and leading his side to a victory by a solitary run. The strength of Malinga isn't just in those 140 kph yorkers or variations with the slower ball, it is in his strength to utilize them when required and his adaptability to bowl according to the conditions of the pitch and match. He is one of the greatest in terms of being a strategic bowler. This is best illustrated by his selfless spell in the final of the 2014 World Cup when he was up against Kohli, Yuvraj and later Dhoni in the final three overs. Two of those three previously had well known successes against Malinga but were no match for the wily bowler who preferred to execute yorkers just wide outside off-stump without changing the plan.

In my team, Malinga will operate primarily in the powerplay and in the death overs where he has worked so well for Mumbai. One of his overs may also be used in the middle depending upon the rest of the bowling attack that I manage to grab. Good luck trying to hit someone who can deliver unplayable yorkers at his will.

1. :aus: :os: :bat: Don Bradman :slvo:
  2. :aus: :os: :bat: David Warner
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. :ind: :local: :wk: MS Dhoni :c:
  6. ?
  7. :ind: :local: :ar: Amar Singh :slvo:
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. :sri: :os: :bwl: Lasith Malinga

@CerealKiller with the double pick next.

Bevab

Staff Member
@Aislabie is the five Pre-T20 player requirement a hard limitation of having five such players in your side, no more and no less? Reason being that at one point it is surely better to just pick a bunch of older players who had wonderful reputations and decent international numbers over IPL players who have average to decent numbers with almost no international experience.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
So I was looking around for older players who could replicate what was offered by the best IPL pacers of our time and then realized that remarkably, the IPL's highest wicket-taker still remains up for grabs!

There is not much that needs to be said about the legend of :sri::bwl:Lasith Malinga. One of the few cricketers to win the IPL a record four times, he has been an integral part of his team in nearly every season he has played. Until the end of 2016, he averaged a scarcely believable 17.87 with the ball and had a miserly economy of just 6.70 to boot. For someone who predominantly operates in the powerplay and in the death overs, that is a ludicrous record. Even in the twilight of his career with his career winding down, Malinga had one last ace up his sleeve with an outstanding spell in the final over after being hit around the park by Watson forcing the latter to run-out and leading his side to a victory by a solitary run. The strength of Malinga isn't just in those 140 kph yorkers or variations with the slower ball, it is in his strength to utilize them when required and his adaptability to bowl according to the conditions of the pitch and match. He is one of the greatest in terms of being a strategic bowler. This is best illustrated by his selfless spell in the final of the 2014 World Cup when he was up against Kohli, Yuvraj and later Dhoni in the final three overs. Two of those three previously had well known successes against Malinga but were no match for the wily bowler who preferred to execute yorkers just wide outside off-stump without changing the plan.

In my team, Malinga will operate primarily in the powerplay and in the death overs where he has worked so well for Mumbai. One of his overs may also be used in the middle depending upon the rest of the bowling attack that I manage to grab. Good luck trying to hit someone who can deliver unplayable yorkers at his will.

3. ?
  4. ?
  6. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?

@CerealKiller with the double pick next.
I was about to pick him but realised I already have Bhuvi Srinath Akram and Sobers :/

Bevab

Staff Member
I was about to pick him but realised I already have Bhuvi Srinath Akram and Sobers :/

Akram down at ten something that not even England's current team would do for the sake of batting depth, push him up. :p

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My bowling attack is, well, non-existent, so let’s bring in Curtly Ambrose for pace, bounce, and the odd slower ball, and Abdul Qadir for googlies, flippers, and the odd non-turning legbreak.

CerealKiller’s XI

1. :ind: Farokh Engineer :wkb: :slvo:
2. :ind: Rohit Sharma :bat:
3. :ind: Virat Kohli :bat:
4. :pak: Zaheer Abbas :bat: :slvo:
9. :pak: Abdul Qadir :bwl: :slvo:
10. :wi: Curtly Ambrose :bwl: :slvo:

@Bevab

Bevab

Staff Member
With one of my favourite cricketers in Erapalli Prasanna already gone, I shall pick :ind::ar:Harbhajan Singh who was for years the best domestic off-spinner in the league despite bowling on a batting friendly pitch at Wankhade predominantly. Can keep you guessing with his subtle variations, has tons of experience by playing in winning IPL teams and offers an excellent powerplay spin option to left-handed batsmen particularly. With the bat, he is no slouch and can score some quick runs if required with an average of 21 at the number eight spot and experience at seven too while maintaining an excellent strike-rate of about 140 in both. And the IPL arguably came when he was no longer at his best. Imagine the 2000s Harbhajan bowling in the IPL, he can be both an economical and a serious wicket taking option like a certain West Indian mystery spinner in the first half of the previous decade. Even if we were to only get the IPL version of Bhajji, I'll gladly take him given his stupendous record.

@Bevab's Blasters

3. ?
  4. ?
  6. ?
  8. :ind: :local: :ar: Harbhajan Singh
  9. ?
  10. ?

@Parth D to follow.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
With one of my favourite cricketers in Erapalli Prasanna already gone, I shall pick :ind::ar:Harbhajan Singh who was for years the best domestic off-spinner in the league despite bowling on a batting friendly pitch at Wankhade predominantly. Can keep you guessing with his subtle variations, has tons of experience by playing in winning IPL teams and offers an excellent powerplay spin option to left-handed batsmen particularly. With the bat, he is no slouch and can score some quick runs if required with an average of 21 at the number eight spot and experience at seven too while maintaining an excellent strike-rate of about 140 in both. And the IPL arguably came when he was no longer at his best. Imagine the 2000s Harbhajan bowling in the IPL, he can be both an economical and a serious wicket taking option like a certain West Indian mystery spinner in the first half of the previous decade. Even if we were to only get the IPL version of Bhajji, I'll gladly take him given his stupendous record.

@Bevab's Blasters

3. ?
  4. ?
  6. ?
  8. :ind: :local: :ar: Harbhajan Singh
  9. ?
  10. ?

@Parth D to follow.
I almost thought of risking Bhajji for Pollard as my next pick was only a couple of picks apart and you just took him away from me with a whisker :/

Now I will have to improvise...

@Bevab you have my respect.

Users who are viewing this thread