AMA AMA BD

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is your name dave ? What is the reason behind your username ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This was to keep the perverts away and let others understand where my brain was not going as I sometimes feel like a space cadet on mogadon but able to feel pain. When I start talking bollocks then you know there is something wrong and asking me not to log on... Jesus, please... If you've read some of the stuff I have been through then I have no problem talking about it. I maybe coming to you for baby advice so stay tuned...

While this is not technically a question, I will tell you the only advice I feel any new parent needs: ignore all advice people give you. people bombard new parents with comments about what worked for them and their kids and family. everyone is different and needs to work out their own grooves, every child is different and likes/dislikes their own unique combination of stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1507549749][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is your name dave ? What is the reason behind your username ?
Yes, Dave is my name. I was asked a similar question earlier - the short answer is that the forward defensive is the only "orthodox" cricket shot I can play. I also love being at the wicket and hate getting out, so I play defensively.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Well, my daughter is nearly 3 now so I have very little memory of what life was like before she was born, so it's hard to remember what my outlook on life was before I became a father! I guess probably the biggest change is especially being a father to a girl, I became more of a feminist. i've always been a liberal from an equality view. One of my favourite quotes is from Steven Pinker's book The Blank Slate "…equality is not the empirical claim that all groups of humans are interchangeable; it is the moral principle that individuals should not be judged or constrained by the average properties of their group" and this is a guiding value for me in my own attitudes. BUT, before, did I really care that there was hate and misogyny etc. in the world? Not much. But now the very idea that there are are those who would constrain my daughter's world based on her biology makes me angry.

Equally, it makes me more intolerant of radical 3rd wave gender feminism (as opposed to equality feminism) because some of their beliefs are batshit crazy and undermine feminism. if anyone wonders what is the difference between gender feminism and equality feminism, the answer is this: gender feminism is the belief men and women are identical, but men suck; equality feminism is the belief that men and women are different on average, and women are not inferior.

The most rewarding thing about being a dad is simply seeing your child grow and being with them. seeing them learn and change is amazing.
Yeah I get you, sometimes it is hard to to empathise with issues that don't affect yourself until they hit closer to home. However, nice to see that your eyes have been opened in this regard now.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What is your all time favorite player from:

Pakistan
India
England
South Africa
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Australia
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
New Zealand
Afghanistan.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What is your all time favorite player from:

Pakistan
India
England
South Africa
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Australia
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
New Zealand
Afghanistan.

Ooh, good question, and a tough one.

Pakistan - Wasim Akram. Probably the most skilful bowler ever. An absolute genius.
India - Perhaps a controversial choice but Rahul Dravid; as a blocker I appreciate "The Wall". But, he could be very elegant too.
England - Of all the players I've ever seen (TV or real life) - The 2002/03 Michael Vaughan. For almost a year he batted like a god. And then he captained us to the Ashes. For players before my era, Basil D'Oliveira. What an absolute hero.
South Africa - Probably Kallis. This is the hardest one actually. I can't think of SA player that I ever got too excited about.
Sri Lanka - One of the easiest to answer: Aravinda de Silva. A genius, and so much elegance. If I had a wish it would be too see him and Lara bat together in their prime and each score a big hundred. What a beautiful picture that would be!
West Indies - As hinted above, the one and only Brian Charles Lara. My favourite player that played in the era I have been watching cricket (late 80's forward). Could do anything.
Australia - Hate to say it but Warney. As mentioned I also have a soft spot for Josh Hazlewood based on the Aussies rating him and me not rating him at all (stick £50 on him being top Ashes wicket taker!)
Bangladesh - I haven't seem enough Bang cricket to really have a favourite. But I remember Mohammed Ashraful scoring a century against Australia when they beat them in the 2005 Try series so for that reason him. Or Tamim Iqbal I guess - very good attacking batsman.
Zimbabwe - Heath Streak. When Zim had some decent players they were mostly batsmen and he held their attack together and captained them well.
New Zealand - Either Stephen Fleming or Shane Bond. A pity Bond didn't play more tests due to injury but when he did he was an excellent bowler.
Afghanistan. - Unfortunately I haven't seen enough of Afghanistan to have a favourite. So, I'm going to say Mohammad Shazhad and then he can keep wicket in the nominal 11 I have just created ;)

I didn't really intend it that way until adding Shazhad but I think that's a decent 11:

Tamim Iqbal
Vaughan (c)
Lara
Dravid
de Silva
Kallis
Shazhad (w)
Wasim
Streak
Warne
Bond

Ashraful & Fleming on the bench!!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ooh, good question, and a tough one.

Pakistan - Wasim Akram. Probably the most skilful bowler ever. An absolute genius.
India - Perhaps a controversial choice but Rahul Dravid; as a blocker I appreciate "The Wall". But, he could be very elegant too.
England - Of all the players I've ever seen (TV or real life) - The 2002/03 Michael Vaughan. For almost a year he batted like a god. And then he captained us to the Ashes. For players before my era, Basil D'Oliveira. What an absolute hero.
South Africa - Probably Kallis. This is the hardest one actually. I can't think of SA player that I ever got too excited about.
Sri Lanka - One of the easiest to answer: Aravinda de Silva. A genius, and so much elegance. If I had a wish it would be too see him and Lara bat together in their prime and each score a big hundred. What a beautiful picture that would be!
West Indies - As hinted above, the one and only Brian Charles Lara. My favourite player that played in the era I have been watching cricket (late 80's forward). Could do anything.
Australia - Hate to say it but Warney. As mentioned I also have a soft spot for Josh Hazlewood based on the Aussies rating him and me not rating him at all (stick £50 on him being top Ashes wicket taker!)
Bangladesh - I haven't seem enough Bang cricket to really have a favourite. But I remember Mohammed Ashraful scoring a century against Australia when they beat them in the 2005 Try series so for that reason him. Or Tamim Iqbal I guess - very good attacking batsman.
Zimbabwe - Heath Streak. When Zim had some decent players they were mostly batsmen and he held their attack together and captained them well.
New Zealand - Either Stephen Fleming or Shane Bond. A pity Bond didn't play more tests due to injury but when he did he was an excellent bowler.
Afghanistan. - Unfortunately I haven't seen enough of Afghanistan to have a favourite. So, I'm going to say Mohammad Shazhad and then he can keep wicket in the nominal 11 I have just created ;)

I didn't really intend it that way until adding Shazhad but I think that's a decent 11:

Tamim Iqbal
Vaughan (c)
Lara
Dravid
de Silva
Kallis
Shazhad (w)
Wasim
Streak
Warne
Bond

Ashraful & Fleming on the bench!!
Wow that's a great answer, enjoy reading it thank you.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Do you want a spot a spot in the PlanetCricket Staff?

And if you are given a spot, describe your feeling.

What would be the first thing you would do?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Dipak

ICC Board Member