Amount of devices connected to Wi-Fi limited?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I've always used a built in modem with my wifi router, and I've never faced this issue.

ISPs always want to upsell, hence, they propagate the fact that 5 devices or more will lead to frequent disconnections. Buy a decent modem/router, and you will not face any such problems.
I've been using a Netgear modem+wifi router since almost 7-8 years now, and nowadays I have 10-14 devices connected to it, without any problems.
Yes, it is obvious, as we connect more devices to it, the speed is likely to wane because it is being shared amongst them all.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've always used a built in modem with my wifi router, and I've never faced this issue.

ISPs always want to upsell, hence, they propagate the fact that 5 devices or more will lead to frequent disconnections. Buy a decent modem/router, and you will not face any such problems.
I've been using a Netgear modem+wifi router since almost 7-8 years now, and nowadays I have 10-14 devices connected to it, without any problems.
Yes, it is obvious, as we connect more devices to it, the speed is likely to wane because it is being shared amongst them all.

Yeah correct. I had the default Binatone modem till last year and i tried 5+ and landed up in dis connections. Now i use a D-LINK so i guess i should give it a try.

----------

Not saying that what you are using is wrong. Your decisions are based on what you need. I just replied that to your post because its not common to have built-in Wifi with your modems, so MasterBlaster can be well informed.

Yeah, correct. No issues.

Users who are viewing this thread