TENNIS AO Tennis 2

Discussion in 'Sports Games' started by beechcroft, Dec 20, 2019.

1. beechcroft International Coach

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    With the Tools now available, and game due in about three weeks, it's probably a good time to give the game it's own thread.

Baggy1971 and DAP thanked this.
  2. Baggy1971 Club Cricketer

Baggy1971
    Can't believe no one has worked on any ao tennis 2 Stuff?

3. jabbathehut Club Captain

How would any of us know until the game comes out?I enjoyed the first version despite its many faults more as a game to play now and then will see the verdicts if i want to buy straight away or wait for the first round of discounts.

DAP said thanks for this.
  4. beechcroft International Coach

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    Within the last month, which covers the time the tools have been on Steam, users have uploaded 13 players, 4 venues and 39 scenarios. It seems that most of those uploads are just tests though.

Baggy1971 and zimrahil thanked this.
  5. jabbathehut Club Captain

£19.49 on cd keys for pc version.Will get x box version though.My Pc spec just a bit too low nowadays to play games nicely.

6. Baggy1971 Club Cricketer

Baggy1971
    Because the tools were released so I was hoping of some screen shots etc but understand not everyone has a pc etc

7. JohnnyDGaming89 County Cricketer

JohnnyDGaming89
    Plenty would likely be creating updated players and such, but they've more or less shown the player creator in the content editor video they did. Bit strange they've not said much for a little while now.

8. DAP ICC Board Member

DAP
    AKA:
    Dharya
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    Different Publisher maybe the reason.

9. Nard2020 Club Captain

Well there are a few uploads on YouTube but they can't access gameplay of any sort- so there's not much good a screenshot will do at this point. Plus the tools have only been released for 1 week now.

10. JohnnyDGaming89 County Cricketer

JohnnyDGaming89
    More or less the same level of promotion ahead of release though, shown a bit more this time around given it wasn't in a beta style state of gameplay with the first iteration.

I was expecting to see how the AI played by now.

DAP said thanks for this.
  11. DAP ICC Board Member

DAP
    AKA:
    Dharya
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    Don't know about that. They're most probably following the publishers on this one.

12. TomW777 Club Captain

Is there any actual need for new creations though given my understanding is that all the creations from AO Tennis 1 will be automatically ported over to AOT 2?

13. beechcroft International Coach

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    Yes, if you look at the Tools, there are many uploads from AOT1 there that we'll be able to use.

14. Nard2020 Club Captain

The game is now out across France. One of the bigger retailers has released it. There's a version 1.01 which plays a lot like the original and then a version 1.02 which is much better.....

zimrahil, Dutch and christy_lenin1 thanked this.
  15. JohnnyDGaming89 County Cricketer

JohnnyDGaming89
    I've heard of street dates being broken before, but don't think I've ever heard of it a week out still. I know one channel that does videos on the game in French, wonder if they'll throw some videos up for us to see while we wait for the actual release date.

DAP, zimrahil and Dutch thanked this.