TENNIS AO Tennis 2

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Yeah just watching a few of them now, still some of the same issues present from the first game I noticed.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

Still a lot of those weird stabby forehands, movement still seems quite stiff at times, AI seems to reach balls that look to be heading for a winner, same issues with aces, that awful diving volley is still there.

I had hoped they might move away from that timing system for a more fluid system, I'm not sure what difficulty the guy was playing on.

Just my opinion in the end, some might not see what I'm seeing of course.

I assume there's no day one patch added as yet, I've read the version is 1.02 for PS4, so perhaps 1.03 will drop once the game actually crosses the legitimate release date next week.

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

There ya go, more new gameplay
I haven't played AO 1 as much as I could have, but this gameplay does look better. At least I see it is more fluid and the sound in game is better. But, that's my personal opinion.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The lack of interest online for this game is amazing
Steam and Reddit both dead ......?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
People been burned too much? The last Big Ben offering was diabolical and the support attrocious.

And people are waiting to see if the changes between this game and the last are worth paying for. I don't think any of us are convinced yet. I like what @saturator has to say, but is the game just an upgrade, and therefore worth just an upgrade price? Yeah, I know. No game publisher goes that way anymore.

I'm not really interested in the academy changes. It remains to be seen whether the career changes are more than just a nice-to-have. The scenario mode sounds good. But it's the gameplay improvements that will be the deciding factor for me.

saturator

Club Cricketer
Hello everybody

I have the game since 3 days now and it's really great.
You can see my videos of AO Tennis 2 on this page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNGZsn-GvvzQObhZKYB_oAg

if you want to see some matches, tell me.

I have started career mode, so I create my player.
I will made a career mode video today.
You feel when your player is out of energy. Powerfull shoots have a huge impact on stamina. When you're tired, you're losing precision, power and injuries could appear.
For now, I don't know how these injuries affected your next matchs, I have to make more games. The other player can have injuries too

You can see my start on theses videos

Voici des petites vidéos
  • Creation mode
  • Samples of my first 3 matches on Career mode
regards

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not really interested in the academy changes. It remains to be seen whether the career changes are more than just a nice-to-have. The scenario mode sounds good. But it's the gameplay improvements that will be the deciding factor for me.
This!

If gameplay is pretty much the same then all the bells and whistles are a waste of time for me

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
This!

If gameplay is pretty much the same then all the bells and whistles are a waste of time for me

That's generally what I try and tell people when I've posted some of these videos and given my thoughts. I feel like the whole story idea could have waited until the next iteration if the gameplay remains largely the same.

Obviously have to take into consideration it was built off the first game and might not see dramatic changes until it's on that new game engine they were said to be working on.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Others have said the same, but the reason I stopped playing AOT1 was that, even though I was progressing, all games and all opponents played the same way. It got so boring. I need to know if that's changed in AOT 2.

Users who are viewing this thread