TENNIS AO Tennis 2

davisp

School Cricketer
my guess: they pulled the PS4/XBOX/Switch patch back, since the reaction on steam was devastating. Maybe PC users are their "beta testers" now. Would make sense, since I assume they sold more copies on the consoles.
Nevetheless a statement from BigAnt would be highly appreciated

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Obviously, hence the “basically”.

Bottom line is they said a patch was submitted to all platforms on Monday( that process normally takes a day or two)....5 days later and not a single platform has approved the patch. It’s not a hard reach to say that. If it were just Microsoft or Nintendo, then fine, but for ALL 3 platforms to be having issues- Something is up.
But the bottom line is that no one has lied: to accuse people of willingly lying is a serious thing. People might be peeved but lets at least uphold common human decency.

Nard2020

Club Captain
But the bottom line is that no one has lied: to accuse people of willingly lying is a serious thing. People might be peeved but lets at least uphold common human decency.
Buddy you’re reaching REALLY hard with the common human decency thing. Now I’m speaking with facts and I never said they were literally liars. I said they were basically lying if the Sony statement were true....that’s a far cry from me saying they willingly lied. Like wow dude.

And if you want to get technical, they have said things in the past that have been flat out false. What does that make them?.

BOTTOM LINE- as paying customers, we have every right to express feelings and ask questions, and with them not speaking up and clarifying things, accusations and assumptions are made. That’s life mate, if they feel so wronged by the statements, then maybe they should say something.

D

Dutch

Point
Buddy you’re reaching REALLY hard with the common human decency thing. Now I’m speaking with facts and I never said they were literally liars. I said they were basically lying if the Sony statement were true....that’s a far cry from me saying they willingly lied. Like wow dude.

And if you want to get technical, they have said things in the past that have been flat out false. What does that make them?.

BOTTOM LINE- as paying customers, we have every right to express feelings and ask questions, and with them not speaking up and clarifying things, accusations and assumptions are made. That’s life mate, if they feel so wronged by the statements, then maybe they should say something.
Point one; it is my task as staff member to moderate and uphold standards: calling people liars falls Beneath those standards.

I have nowhere said that you called someone a liar. Another poster did.

Point two: the developers are the same ones who have made the cricket games, who a few of us have got to know well over the past 6 or 7 years. They are NOT liars!

You or whoever else may be pissed off, disappointed, whatever: that does not give people the right to tar people with a very broad brush based on utter speculation.

Reactions: DAP

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Point

Point one; it is my task as staff member to moderate and uphold standards: calling people liars falls Beneath those standards.

Point two: the developers are the same ones who have made the cricket games, who a few of us have got to know well over the past 6 or 7 years. They are NOT liars!

You or whoever else may be pissed off, disappointed, whatever: that does not give people the right to tar people with a very broad brush based on utter speculation.
I agree, no matter how we feel some common sense and restraint needs to be shown when making comments. I’m an owner of the game on Xbox and I’m annoyingly waiting for the so called fix all patch too and yes I may have voiced the same views (in my head and to people on private message) just not on here like some of the others have. Would I love to know where the bloody patch is? ofcourse I would and would we love more transparency from big ant? sure, let’s open up the studios and have a “the office” style documentary series on how there games are made let’s open up that can of worms shall we. Ross can be the Ricky Gervais (David Brent) character. Maybe Mike can play Gareth. Seriously guys there’s probably things big ant can’t say or do or even have control of so let’s just have some patience. There’s probably/hopefully a good reason for delay. It will come out eventually no need get you knickers in a twist.

Last edited:

Nard2020

Club Captain
I agree, no matter how we feel some common sense and restraint needs to be shown when making comments. I’m an owner of the game on Xbox and I’m annoyingly waiting for the so called fix all patch too and yes I may have voiced the same views (in my head and to people on private message) just not on here like some of the others have. Would I love to know where the bloody patch is? ofcourse I would and would we love more transparency from big ant? sure, let’s open up the studios and have a “the office” style documentary series on how there games are made let’s open up that can of worms shall we. Ross can be the Ricky Gervais (David Brent) character. Maybe Mike can play Gareth. Seriously guys there’s probably things big ant can’t say or do or even have control of so let’s just have some patience. There’s probably/hopefully a good reason for delay. It will come out eventually no need get you knickers in a twist.

Look my comments come complete with common sense and restraint. I made an off hand comment and it’s been totally blown out of proportion by the police over here. These guys have a pattern of this and they are rightfully being called out. No one is threatening them or taking personal assaults on them, so I think you guys need to take this in perspective.
Point

This is a forum and people can speak as they feel...when those feelings become aggressive or personal, then you should step in and enforce. Using that power in this situation seems very out of place and it’s almost as if you’ve been offended for the sake of being offended. In one very same post you said you never said I called them liars...yet you end by shoveling in the fact that they aren’t liars and we need to be respectful. So if I didn’t call them liars, then what exactly are you ranting on about? Again, it’s seems you are being offended just for the sake of it.

There have been several instances where they have promised things that never came. They’ve said things that they never ended up doing....you can take that HOWEVER you want, but the reality stands.

And to be clear YOU quoted my post and said it’s not cool to accused them of willingly lying....not some other poster. By your same logic, I can claim that you said I’m not a decent human being....see how that works?? It’s rubbish. Context goes a long way mate.

FYI, calling some a liar and saying they lied about something, are two very different things. Surely you should know better.

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The constant "where is the patch" speculation tends to be why minimal updates are given to the public. Especially why dates are never provided if there is no guarantee that it can hit due to all sorts of various reasons. We cannot push things through faster than the processes take.

The patches are currently with their respective platform holders and will be released as soon as they can be.
This is still true and as soon as they can be released, they will be.

I told them about the clothes bug in January but they don’t fix it.
This is fixed on PC right now, and will be on the next patch we do (after the current one). It was very close to making it into the first patch, but unfortunately missed out due to time.

I recently got in touch with Sony and they told me that it would take a maximum of 2 days to submit patches. There has never been a patch that lasted longer, they explained to me.
This is untrue.

my guess: they pulled the PS4/XBOX/Switch patch back, since the reaction on steam was devastating. Maybe PC users are their "beta testers" now.
This is also untrue.

PC is the easiest platform to get updates out on, as they don't have to go through an approval or submission process. That's why it can release ahead of other platforms.

We are investigating the possibility of an "opt in" beta system on PC however, due to that process, but that is no guarantee either.

D

Dutch

Look my comments come complete with common sense and restraint. I made an off hand comment and it’s been totally blown out of proportion by the police over here. These guys have a pattern of this and they are rightfully being called out. No one is threatening them or taking personal assaults on them, so I think you guys need to take this in perspective.

This is a forum and people can speak as they feel...when those feelings become aggressive or personal, then you should step in and enforce. Using that power in this situation seems very out of place and it’s almost as if you’ve been offended for the sake of being offended. In one very same post you said you never said I called them liars...yet you end by shoveling in the fact that they aren’t liars and we need to be respectful. So if I didn’t call them liars, then what exactly are you ranting on about? Again, it’s seems you are being offended just for the sake of it.

There have been several instances where they have promised things that never came. They’ve said things that they never ended up doing....you can take that HOWEVER you want, but the reality stands.

And to be clear YOU quoted my post and said it’s not cool to accused them of willingly lying....not some other poster. By your same logic, I can claim that you said I’m not a decent human being....see how that works?? It’s rubbish. Context goes a long way mate.

FYI, calling some a liar and saying they lied about something, are two very different things. Surely you should know better.
Get some sleep mate.

D

Dutch

The constant "where is the patch" speculation tends to be why minimal updates are given to the public. Especially why dates are never provided if there is no guarantee that it can hit due to all sorts of various reasons. We cannot push things through faster than the processes take.

This is still true and as soon as they can be released, they will be.

This is fixed on PC right now, and will be on the next patch we do (after the current one). It was very close to making it into the first patch, but unfortunately missed out due to time.

This is untrue.

This is also untrue.

PC is the easiest platform to get updates out on, as they don't have to go through an approval or submission process. That's why it can release ahead of other platforms.

We are investigating the possibility of an "opt in" beta system on PC however, due to that process, but that is no guarantee either.
Thanks for the clarification.

saturator

Club Cricketer
Thank you for saying something Big Ant staff.
I will waiting.
But on the videos I have seen, AI looks the same. I didn't Seen many unforced errors from it. It's normal?

davisp

School Cricketer
This is also untrue.

Then I guessed wrong.
Thanks for clarification.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

I find this a bit strange since PS4 seemed to get all the updates first with the first game. I always assumed Steam would be the easiest platform given most development work on games would be done directly from a PC.

Just a bit bizarre how long it is taking for PS4, Xbox One and Switch to get this patch through.

Users who are viewing this thread