TENNIS AO Tennis 2

D

Dutch

Its still a no go for me this game: too many gamebreakers in there. Will perhaps pick it up once the crucial bugs are remedied

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I already have them before with patch version 1.0.6.
The update is only 180 Mb so it's very light
I've PS4 Pro/ Xbox one X and Switch version. The feeling on net is better and less freeze on clay because of hight ball rebounds.

I'm just going on based on what I watched, plus ball physics were tweaked for clay courts in the first patch anyway, so unless they split the patch up on Xbox One for some reason, you seem to have the same version.

They've been doing more testing according to the Steam DB website, so I'd expect a patch first on Steam again like the first one in probably another week or so.

I just want the rate of injuries reduced. I get one almost every match, and they're playing havoc with my career. I know that fix is in the next patch.

Funny thing about this is that since I resumed my career, I've had none... Some people have said if you use your power shots too often and your stamina gets low, that's when it tends to happen a lot, of course I've had my ass handed to me in the 3 games I've played since going back to it for not using the power shots to finish off points.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Funny thing about this is that since I resumed my career, I've had none... Some people have said if you use your power shots too often and your stamina gets low, that's when it tends to happen a lot, of course I've had my ass handed to me in the 3 games I've played since going back to it for not using the power shots to finish off points.

I probably overuse my power shots, and I don't pay much attention to the stamina level, but I'm not sure why that would give all the ankle injuries I've had. I'll try cutting back on the power shots.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I probably overuse my power shots, and I don't pay much attention to the stamina level, but I'm not sure why that would give all the ankle injuries I've had. I'll try cutting back on the power shots.

Yeah after hearing about the injury issues, I held back on the power shots a bit more... Yeah I've noticed the AI mostly gets ankle sprains since I've come back to the career, but they seem to play better after an injury, not worse.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
new patch today better on the buttons though when the ai wants to hit an ace somehow it becomes difficult to move.Have switched stamina off it just drains too quickly.One thing i have noticed i downloaded Borg for a scenario and he is now playing in tournaments so something for the next patch.Also maybe my imagination but the ball appears smaller sometimes and the announcer stopped working on the saved game i was playing after the patch.Unforced errors now more varied.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
new patch today better on the buttons though when the ai wants to hit an ace somehow it becomes difficult to move.Have switched stamina off it just drains too quickly.One thing i have noticed i downloaded Borg for a scenario and he is now playing in tournaments so something for the next patch.Also maybe my imagination but the ball appears smaller sometimes and the announcer stopped working on the saved game i was playing after the patch.Unforced errors now more varied.

It's not your imagination. I once saw the ball get smaller for a while, but I've never seen that again. I've also heard the announcer occasionally not give the score after a point is played.

On Steam there hasn't been a patch, officially, since Feb 11, when the version was 1.0.1713. However, in the game I see the version number is 1.0.1751, so I'm not sure what's going on.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Steam DB suggests they are doing testing on a patch, but nothing actually released to Steam for 21 days.

I still don't think there could have been a Xbox One patch, especially given it looks the same as what I've played since the first patch. Only logical thing I can think of is that Xbox One players didn't get the full first patch and had it split in two smaller patches.

I recall the PS4 patch being 700-800mb

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have now just released a new public opt in beta on Steam with updates to improve various aspects of the game.

Ahead of a full public release we wanted to get some feedback on the changes we have made.

To opt-in, right click the game in steam and select properties. Then select the 'Betas' tab, and select 'public_test_server', then click close. This will then download the update containing the preview changes. You may need to restart Steam before this option will show in the list.

Note: As this is a pre-release preview, there may be unforeseen bugs and stability issues.As a precaution, it is recommended to back up your save data prior to switching to this preview release.

Update notes:
  • Added import Player List for careers that have already started.
  • Added Settings option to tournament bracket screen in career.
  • Added display of overall rating change to career match up screen.
  • Added display of Form and Fatigue to career match up screen.
  • Further tuning to AI unforced error rate.
  • Tuned injury system.
  • General Stability improvements.

Last edited:

davisp

School Cricketer
Update notes:
Added import Player List for careers that have already started.
Added Settings option to tournament bracket screen in career.

YES! Thank you.
This plus AI error tuning and some bug fixes would be highly appreciated

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I haven't noticed any difference with the AI unforced error rate so far, still the same ones that happen occasionally. I had a 42 shot really that resulted in me making one eventually.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
It's more prevalent on the lower levels I think also the lob shot seems to lead to more unforced errors than other shots.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Had an injury-free career match today, so things are looking up.

Many thanks to BA for starting a public beta process for the game. I think it will work well.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Had an injury-free career match today, so things are looking up.

Many thanks to BA for starting a public beta process for the game. I think it will work well.
I think this public beta can work well, albeit if it can help for better testing of bugs and gameplay before the patch probably gets released out into the wild. Hopefully there will enough people willing to try out the public beta testing and point out any bugs or issues they may see (which hopefully big ant listen), without that big ant may not know exactly what needs fixing and at what priority.

Speaking of priority, that could be hard to work out at times too. Like some of the people who will test the game may not see any problems with it and love it and say it’s fine, but then there may other people who can see the smallest (potential big) issue clear as day, so might be hard for big ant to filter out the feedback good and bad to work out what’s priority or not. But only time will tell.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
i do like the new form, fatigue and overall rating display in the career matchup screen. The more data the better.

zayno

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Steam DB suggests they are doing testing on a patch, but nothing actually released to Steam for 21 days.

I still don't think there could have been a Xbox One patch, especially given it looks the same as what I've played since the first patch. Only logical thing I can think of is that Xbox One players didn't get the full first patch and had it split in two smaller patches.

I recall the PS4 patch being 700-800mb

just got a small xbox one patch abut 180 mb . but frame rate during gameplay is still not solid.

Users who are viewing this thread