TENNIS AO Tennis 2

Nard2020

Club Captain
Obviously a lot want Djokovic in the game, I'd say there's more chance of it being Kenin (AO) and Andreescu (US Open) for the two grand slam winners.
Novak was approached to be in Tennis World Tour and he turned them down, saying that he doesn't want to be in video games anymore.

So that leaves literally only Fed, Murray or Del Potro for the men. Del Po hasn't made it down to Australia since 2018 (and that was his only appearance since 2015!), so you can cross him out. Federer makes the most sense for more than just the obvious.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Novak was approached to be in Tennis World Tour and he turned them down, saying that he doesn't want to be in video games anymore.

So that leaves literally only Fed, Murray or Del Potro for the men. Del Po hasn't made it down to Australia since 2018 (and that was his only appearance since 2015!), so you can cross him out. Federer makes the most sense for more than just the obvious.

Still wouldn't be surprised if it's the two recent WTA Grand Slam winners, but yeah sure given most of the Tennis World Tour players moved across, you'd think Federer would be there.

I would hope there's dramatic gameplay improvements to come, because the AI unforced error tuning hasn't seemingly done much apart from somehow making the difficulties harder again.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I cannot believe they are on about putting another patch out when Switch users haven't received the last one.Have they given up on us now they've taken our money.I know people are going to say it's not big ant/big ben but surely Nintendo don't drag their heels that bad.I wouldn't mind but the last patch rendered the game unplayable with the serve down the T issue.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I cannot believe they are on about putting another patch out when Switch users haven't received the last one.Have they given up on us now they've taken our money.I know people are going to say it's not big ant/big ben but surely Nintendo don't drag their heels that bad.I wouldn't mind but the last patch rendered the game unplayable with the serve down the T issue.
Nintendo probably has stricter controls than Sony and Microsoft.

Nard2020

Club Captain
The last time I questioned the delay of their patches, I got crucified on here. While it is surely fishy that these patches keep getting held up, I wouldn’t really speak on it if I were you.

Tbf though, the switch version has had issues from the start.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

“.....Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the Drama Queen”

Nard2020

Club Captain
The irony of it all :lol.

They should host online e-events though....get some outside interest during this down time of live sports.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
The irony of it all :lol.

They should host online e-events though....get some outside interest during this down time of live sports.

There's too many issues with online for them to be able to achieve that. Unless they brought in dedicated servers, it just wouldn't work.

saturator

Club Cricketer
I have made a great match Yesterday, very good Time.

Federer VS Djoko - Class mondial - Australian Open - best 3 sets

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I’m no tennis expert....

played at a mates, enjoyed it for what it is and was tempted to pick it up on sale.

but.... it does irritate me the lack of unforced errors.

I just want them to hit it out, or into the net a bit!!!!

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I’m no tennis expert....

played at a mates, enjoyed it for what it is and was tempted to pick it up on sale.

but.... it does irritate me the lack of unforced errors.

I just want them to hit it out, or into the net a bit!!!!

I'm enjoying building a career. I'm starting as an amateur to gain skill points and attributes before I move up in difficulty.

I'm seeing plenty of unforced errors at amateur level, around 40 a match, but ZERO hits into the net by the AI.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I'm enjoying building a career. I'm starting as an amateur to gain skill points and attributes before I move up in difficulty.

I'm seeing plenty of unforced errors at amateur level, around 40 a match, but ZERO hits into the net by the AI.

Only happens as what the game deems a perfect serve, I think I've only seen the net hit one other time where I was essentially in a ping pong battle at the net with the AI until he hit the net and lost the point.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Are there server problems? The game is not connecting at the moment, but the server status is good. I reported it.

Looks similar to the problems with Cricket 19 last week.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Are there server problems? The game is not connecting at the moment, but the server status is good. I reported it.

Looks similar to the problems with Cricket 19 last week.
Yep, they came out last night and said they are having server problems (after earlier in the day responding to someone's Tweet about connection issues by saying that is wasn't BA servers, but the person's own connection that was the issue , smh).

CesareWinchester

School Cricketer
Hi guys, hello everybody
I introduce myself, I'm Cesare and I teach tennis in Italy, also I'm sports biomechanical analyst,
and I thoroughly analyzed the game..
lately I have sent many tickets to the support of big ant studios.

Support responses, however immediate, have always been generic and I have never had the opportunity to be heard by the development team.
I'm here as a tennis and videogames fan, to be heard by you and by big ant, who often talks on this page.

Below I am writing the basic things (for me) that I pointed out to the support.
----‐-------------------------------------
PLAYSTYLE

Play Style menu editor does not offer the possibility to choose the preferred style and the groundstroke style separately one from the other. The Play Style Menu editor should let me customize my avatar. For instance, the editor won't let me select the "smooth forehand" and combine it with the "powerful one-hand backhand" (Realy close combination of Feliciano Lopez playstyle). Both shots appear to be linked only to different play styles: smooth forehand can be selected only along with the two-hand backhand whereas the powerful one-hand backhand can be selected only along with the generic forehand. In my opinion, to separate these options and make them independent one from the other would be a key element to improve the editor and generate a lot of new groundstroke combinations. This would be much closer to simulate real professional tennis players.
-----------------------------------
SHOT EXECUTION
I would like to bring to your attention one aspect of AO TENNIS 2 that, in my opinion, could radically change the usablity of the game. It occurs to me that the speed of the shot execution of the arm holding the racquet does not seem adequate, especially compared to the speed of the player moving around searching the ball. In your game the lattest is fast, but the action occuring between the “preparation of the shot” and its “final movement” is rather slow, and gives an overall feeling of “stiffness”. In my opinion this is the main difference between your current game and the game that came out years ago, still widely appreciated, where we can enjoy fast and fluid forehand and backhand shots. In order to further support my theory, I played a random AoTennis2 gameplay YouTube video. Starting from a 1.04 patch, I increased the video speed to x1.25 and x1.5. Analyzing only the very movement of the players hitting the ball, putting all the rest aside, I noticed that this speed could contribute to a better and more realistic game experience. Would it be possible to implement the game by increasing only the speed of the shot execution of the movements, without changing the general speed of the rest of the game?
---------------------------------------
NEUTRAL STANCE AND OPEN STANCE
I notice that the various playstyle animation are bounded to the "front" position of the player, Monfils, Kyrgios, Goffin, Isner and match more hit with their animation Only in "open stance position". But this isn't real, because Monfils and the other using same tecnique also in other position (neutral stance, semi-open stance, close stance and other) This features could give much more movement simulation.
------------------------------
BACKSPIN ANALYSIS
Today Im here to show you a few doubt in backspin shot ( the slice animation). Sometimes I see great animation that slice deserved, also sometimes i see rough animation. (In Ao tennis2 the real slice animation is in only 3 groundstyle: GOFFIN, UPRIGHT, POWERFUL... why?)
------------------------
FLAT SHOT AND TOP SPIN SHOT ANALYSIS
I made a little video clip for this analysis that I share with you by inserting it in my post.

I hope you enjoyed
See you soon

Coach Cesare

Users who are viewing this thread