TENNIS AO Tennis 2

CesareWinchester

School Cricketer
Yeah an excellent post indeed! Hope all is well in your beautiful country. You guys are having a tough time there but hopefully there is real light at the end of the tunnel. All the best.

Thank you...
I also hope that this bad moment can end, for everyone <3

--------
However I am really sad and heartbroken from reading the new April Update and changelog.

- General Stability improvements
- two players
- online latency improvement

----------

I made a huge analisys
giving dozens of feedback for improved the game...and big ant studios answer us after a month..a month...... with "general stability"

Why?

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-10_20-13-3.png
    upload_2020-4-10_20-13-3.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1
D

Dutch

Thank you...
I also hope that this bad moment can end, for everyone <3

--------
However I am really sad and heartbroken from reading the new April Update and changelog.

- General Stability improvements
- two players
- online latency improvement

----------

I made a huge analisys
giving dozens of feedback for improved the game...and big ant studios answer us after a month..a month...... with "general stability"

Why?

I dont think they have the resources at the moment to really fix things as they will be all working from home as I have understood it. Perhaps they are taking things on board for after this situation. Maybe I am just being too positive!

Nard2020

Club Captain
Chances are that it's more likely Maria Sakkari though given she's appeared in other versions of the game. So the expectation of Federer, may fall flat.
Considering Sakkari was originally in the game 3 months ago and hasn’t been put back , there’s more than likely some legal issue going on. I know she changed sponsors over the off season, so maybe that’s the hold up.

saturator

Club Cricketer
xbox one s frame rate during nigh matches stll needs work. i still say AO TENNIS 1 has smoother more sold frame rate by far.
I will try on my Xbox One X soon. No patch for Switch since a while, i don't understand why...
I have made a really good match between Kyrgios and Nadal on clay - Classe mondiale

Nard2020

Club Captain
What is the overall aim of the AO Tennis series for Big Ant?? Is it to broaden their portfolio of games, or to take advantage of an empty tennis game market?
Maybe it's possible that the sales are really strong......but it's just that there's so little promo or marketing for the game. This game has done A LOT of good things and is literally the only decent tennis sim in the last decade but
it seems like they don't actively care about the success of the game. Case in point:

They just released a new Patch last week, their very own twitter account (which has over 12k followers) hasn't even posted that information. They just added BIANCA ANDREESCU and VICTORIA AZARENKA to the game.
Andreescu is becoming a global phenom, she is all over the place and is one of the hottest things in tennis over the past season....and no tag or mention of her being in the game. Azarenka is one of the biggest names in women's tennis. Combined, these two ladies have over 4 million followers across social media-comparitvely Big Ant has MAYBE 20k. Yet the only people that will know these ladies have been added to the game would be the 5 thousand some followers of their Facebook (and people who already have the game). Stunning.

Ex. 2- Between Big Ant, BigBen(Publishers), Tennis Australia and the Australian Open (the latter 2 of whom have "heavy" influence in the games' inception) there were maybe half dozen tweets about this game in the week leading up to release. During the ACTUAL AUSTRALIAN OPEN.....just a few posts and tweets (NONE for TA or AO) and since then the only posts have been patch updates or free rifles and giveaways from the Spanish publisher's twitter with an occasional reposting of a review. I mean, does no one care about the game? They should be tweeting random pics, info or video montages daily.....do they not care about sales?

Ex.3- To this very day there is zero official roster listing for the game. They go through such an ordeal to get these players, spend millions.....yet they don't want to utilize these names to their advantage. Word of mouth, positive critical review and the licensed stars are what sell these games.

In a day of social media ( aka FREE promotion) i'm baffled as the why they don't have more of a presence. Even during this virus- you can literally tweet, post, comment from your phones or computers. You don't even have to be at the office for that. This game could easily sell a million copies( Tennis World Tour nearly did that and it was a sham of a game) , which is a win for EVERYBODY. Tons of tennis games have sold millions of copies in the past, so it isn't as if tennis doesn't sell. And the sport itself has over a billion fans.
How many gaming conventions and trade shows has the game (or previous one) been show at??

Yes i'm sure you guys are going to quick to say how "fundamentally" poor the game is or how the gameplay needs fixing, there's no errors etc etc and it's not like i'm gonna personally receive any money or reap rewards if it's a financial hit.....but just on the marketing and promotion of the game itself, so much more could easily be done.I just don't understand it, and i don't have background history with them- I know they are a AA studio, but does that mean they can't use free promotion or take advantage of licensing?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I would agree with a lot of you've said.

It's also puzzling to me why Tennis World Tour is being used as the game for the Madrid Open Virtual Pro event that's going to played by Nadal, Goffin, Murray, Isner, Kerber and others, at the end of April. There's a great chance for some great publicity for AO2.

Is TWT a better online game than AO2? I don't play online, so I wouldn't know.

I assume that Bigben had some say in the choice between the two games, but Nadal is AO2's cover star.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

It's also puzzling to me why Tennis World Tour is being used as the game for the Madrid Open Virtual Pro event that's going to played by Nadal, Goffin, Murray, Isner, Kerber and others, at the end of April. There's a great chance for some great publicity for AO2.

I assume that Bigben had some say in the choice between the two games, but Nadal is AO2's cover star.

TWT had a pretty horrendous online experience, I was surprised to see their page post about an online tournament with players.

I've always been confused as to why Big Ant have never really seemingly been too invested in spending time on social media even to just promote their games, it's a real head scratcher in a world dominated by social media.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
TWT had a pretty horrendous online experience, I was surprised to see their page post about an online tournament with players.

It might be fun to watch this to see how bad it is. Although I suppose there is a chance that they've put a lot of unreleased work into the online side, just to get it ready for this tournament.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It might be fun to watch this to see how bad it is. Although I suppose there is a chance that they've put a lot of unreleased work into the online side, just to get it ready for this tournament.

I guess there's the potential for that, I'd be amazed if it's completely different game to what those of us who played the game were left with.

D

Dutch

A pretty damning reflection on AO 2 though that a half finished game from 2 years ago is deemed preferable to a game that came out a few months ago.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I've no idea what AO2's online game is like. Has anyone tried it?

I find it hard to believe that Bigben or the devs would allow TWT to be used in a tournament with major stars if it wasn't in decent shape. The adverse publicity if it went wrong would be damning.

Nard2020

Club Captain
A pretty damning reflection on AO 2 though that a half finished game from 2 years ago is deemed preferable to a game that came out a few months ago.

Well the Mutua Madrid Open is actually officially licensed in Tennis World Tour- so that's why they chose that game. It's interesting though considering both games are now under Big Ben , as it almost comes across as conflict of interest considering AO Tennis 2 could have technically created a model version of the stadium , features half the entered players and could have easily recreating a realistic likeness to any of those missing.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I guess there's the potential for that, I'd be amazed if it's completely different game to what those of us who played the game were left with.
I'm not sure if means anything but, Tennis World Tour was updated on Steamdb last fall-long after the game had shipped and stopped having updates. There were 3 separate logged entries in October.

Users who are viewing this thread