TENNIS AO Tennis 2

Nard2020

Club Captain
That's generally what I try and tell people when I've posted some of these videos and given my thoughts. I feel like the whole story idea could have waited until the next iteration if the gameplay remains largely the same.

Obviously have to take into consideration it was built off the first game and might not see dramatic changes until it's on that new game engine they were said to be working on.
The problem is twofold.....first, we can't truly tell people how different the gameplay is or isn't based off gameplay videos. So far the hands on people seem to say the playability has improved and it's an overall better gameplay experience.....and that isn't something we can tell from internet videos.

Second, and this is the bigger thing, i truly feel that BigAnt believe the gameplay is fine. So for them, story modes and presentation can rightly take the forefront, because in their eyes, the gameplay is fine. I think that if this game has the same reception as the first one, THEN maybe they will start to see a need to overhaul the gameplay.

saturator

Club Cricketer
Some new videos!

* Fourth career mode match - Final Future

*Kyrgios Vs De Minaur - AO - Veteran

*Sharapova Vs Halep - Monte carlos - Veteran

* Djoko Vs Federer - Bercy - Veteran

*Agassi Vs Wawrinka - US Open - Veteran

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
About 4 hours to go until it'll likely appear on the PS Store for me. Evidently it will be able to downloaded on the Xbox store from 10pm AEDT, not sure how the releases work for other regions though.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
About 4 hours to go until it'll likely appear on the PS Store for me. Evidently it will be able to downloaded on the Xbox store from 10pm AEDT, not sure how the releases work for other regions though.
Will follow your first gameplay impressions with interest

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
You can already download from xbox store but wont open until the 9th hopefully that means midnight

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
You can already download from xbox store but wont open until the 9th hopefully that means midnight

Yeah it's available for download, but likely won't unlock until that midnight barrier passes. Previous Big Ant games have appeared on the PS Store once that midnight barrier has passed, so that's another 2 and a bit hours for me.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
20GB for the PS version, I believe the ones who got the game early in France were saying it was 11GB on their systems.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
The problem is twofold.....first, we can't truly tell people how different the gameplay is or isn't based off gameplay videos. So far the hands on people seem to say the playability has improved and it's an overall better gameplay experience.....and that isn't something we can tell from internet videos.

Second, and this is the bigger thing, i truly feel that BigAnt believe the gameplay is fine. So for them, story modes and presentation can rightly take the forefront, because in their eyes, the gameplay is fine. I think that if this game has the same reception as the first one, THEN maybe they will start to see a need to overhaul the gameplay.
Totally agree with that statement if BigAnt think the gameplay is fine then that part of the game won’t get touched (if ain’t broke etc) also I think the career mode was the biggest let down of the last the game, was a slow boring grind that I couldn’t get into and definitely needed an overhaul. IMO it needed to be front and centre in this game as the last game it felt like, well the finished product came across as an after thought and something they played catch up on. I’m sure career mode was something they marked as very important but the execution seemed a little lacking so it’s good to see this time they have made an effort to address that out of the gate.
My only hope is that they have had time to address any gameplay issues (which there were some) at the same time. Will have to wait n see once I get the game.

Reactions: DAP

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

It does feel nicer to play so far, doesn't feel so much like a chore. I haven't bothered with downloading any academy stuff yet or anything, so will hold off on the career for a bit I think since you can't add in players to an already existing career.

Good video. I'm leaning towards purchasing it now. it seems like Pro mode is easier than AOT1, though.

Looks like the game will be available on Steam at midnight here in the USA.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Good video. I'm leaning towards purchasing it now. it seems like Pro mode is easier than AOT1, though.

Looks like the game will be available on Steam at midnight here in the USA.

I did another match on Veteran as Barty against Kerber, still won relatively easily, just a lot of unforced errors.

I did notice in that match, that horribly overpowered shot came out again quite a bit from the first game.

Reactions: DAP

JoeS31

County Cricketer
Haven't seen the AI make an unforced error yet which worries me. Game does look a lot smoother than the first though.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I did another match on Veteran as Barty against Kerber, still won relatively easily, just a lot of unforced errors.

I did notice in that match, that horribly overpowered shot came out again quite a bit from the first game.
You should cut a video together showing all that stuff and that weird drop Shot Kyrgios played oh and getting stuck dead on the return of serve.

Users who are viewing this thread