TENNIS AO Tennis 2

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Will you guys be adapting to a similar patch rollout for this game as the first game, or will it just be fewer, bigger patches this time?
I would say they would have a similar patch rollout to Cricket 19. One can assume that because AO 2 has released in a pretty decent state as it is, well compared to the first version, they may feel they can take their time with all the patches this time. Same way they have been doing with there cricket games.

I’d imagine by the time the game releases in North America a new patch will be released fixing and tuning the AI plus any other issues they may have.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Is it possible to put up a bug reporting thread for this game, similar to the one for Cricket 19? There may be bugs that people may want to report.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another thing, I am fed up of seeing is the positive / negative reaction thing already

If I see another thumbs up after a non descript rally .........:p
This admittedly seems to be human players so far, do AI players do it as much?

I know this game has positives, but none of the positives seem to be in areas I want to see improving

Reactions: DAP

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Another thing, I am fed up of seeing is the positive / negative reaction thing already

If I see another thumbs up after a non descript rally .........:p
This admittedly seems to be human players so far, do AI players do it as much?
I haven’t seen AI do it as much just human. Also I wish there was more atmosphere with the crowd, it seems like the crowd has one noise at times and that is loud. I know sometimes there can be quiet claps at the right moment but a lot of the time even for non important points the crowd can go wild. And would be nice if there was a oooh, ahhh and maybe a wow for long rallies too. Would be nice.

Also need to fix the problem where sometimes the AI will hit the ball without actually touching the ball or swinging the racket. Then straight after when you try to play a shot and ball just goes straight past racket without the player moving or swinging the racket. I mean the game has improved from the first game but just some of those little niggles that show up from time to time.

Reactions: DAP

MJT1994

Club Captain
Played a few tournaments in my career and I’m enjoying the game. Seems a bit smother than the previous version. Other people have mentioned it and I agree that the game really needs the ai players hitting a lot more errors. So far the most I’ve had the ai hit in a match is 3. Currently I’m finding most points are the same where I’m trying to keep the ai in one corner before trying to hit a winner to the other corner.

D

Dutch

Currently I’m finding most points are the same where I’m trying to keep the ai in one corner before trying to hit a winner to the other corner.
Which was throughout the biggest complaint with AO1 and I and many others stopped playing. It doesnt bode well for this game if that fundamental issue hasn't been dealt with. Forget news conferences and office scenes: GAMEPLAY!!!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Which was throughout the biggest complaint with AO1 and I and many others stopped playing. It doesnt bode well for this game if that fundamental issue hasn't been dealt with. Forget news conferences and office scenes: GAMEPLAY!!!
I had a cake analogy about BA releases but I got distracted thinking about to cake to remember my point.

I guess what players seem to want is depth and a divergent gameplay experience. Instead we get cut scenes and story mode.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
No patch to come soon is a very Bad news. There are massive slowdown on Xbox one X version.
No fault for IA and not enought variety in IA play.
By massive slow down do you mean sometimes the visual moves slower that its supposed to and you end up missing the shot and this is random.I found that as well on xbox s happens on cricket 19 as well.

Mrobertson156

School Cricketer
Its me, he of "Sidespin Daz" from the last few years.

Bit of a combined BigAnt Cricket and Tennis sim post this.....

Not only did they implement the ball curving in flight in AO1 eventually (thanks to my advice....), and of course its in AO2 too, and I will admit overly so, they need to tone down the curving forehands down the side line...

Anyway, I am one for the subtle details and have noticed in AO2 that even the serves of the AI players....are organically played out, because just watch the ball when thrown into the air before the service is played with the racquet by the AI...........every time, the ball moves up and down at different angles, with different curving spin, in other words it is emulating real life parameters when the hand throws the ball upwards for the service. A bit like how BigAnt implement very realistic ball physics in their Cricket games.............but only from the ball being bowled until it hits the bat...........after that, 1979 Pong physics are involved with straight line ball movement in flight. Pathetic.

I don't think many others will have noticed this on this site to be honest going by previous comments where they were more worried about "custom leagues", most on here for example seem happy with 100% straight shots off the bat in Cricket 19/Ashes/Don B and clearly don't have any interest in realistic ball physics, if they did, I wouldnt be the only one mentioning it.

When the BigAnt top man laid into me on this site 4 years ago when i mentioned the Cricket games off the bat 100% straight shots every time (just zoom in and watch the ball with no side spin even after an edge.........), he took the p*ss and made fun of me or tried too (its him, the guy who has to be an Umpire in the game....), and yet his very own Mikeymerren heard my advice after AO1 was released in terms of their new Tennis game needing proper ball physics, he replied to me and we discussed it over a few posts on this site, and from that moment onwards we had the ball bending in flight in the Tennis game. All down to me. I have proof of this. I dont want a medal, I dont want any credit, I just want BigAnt to implement this also in their Cricket games.

So BigAnt ironically (with Cricket still their big seller) are showing they DO know about ball physics in AO1 and AO2, but clearly not in their Cricket games other than when the ball has realistic physics when leaving the bowlers hand and before it hits the bat....

Last edited:

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Its me, he of "Sidespin Daz" from the last few years.

Bit of a combined BigAnt Cricket and Tennis sim post this.....

Not only did they implement the ball curving in flight in AO1 eventually (thanks to my advice....), and of course its in AO2 too, and I will admit overly so, they need to tone down the curving forehands down the side line...

Anyway, I am one for the subtle details and have noticed in AO2 that even the serves of the AI players....are organically played out, because just watch the ball when thrown into the air before the service is played with the racquet by the AI...........every time, the ball moves up and down at different angles, with different curving spin, in other words it is emulating real life parameters when the hand throws the ball upwards for the service. A bit like how BigAnt implement very realistic ball physics in their Cricket games.............but only from the ball being bowled until it hits the bat...........after that, 1979 Pong physics are involved with straight line ball movement in flight. Pathetic.

I don't think many others will have noticed this on this site to be honest going by previous comments where they were more worried about "custom leagues", most on here for example seem happy with 100% straight shots off the bat in Cricket 19/Ashes/Don B and clearly don't have any interest in realistic ball physics, if they did, I wouldnt be the only one mentioning it.

When the BigAnt top man laid into me on this site 4 years ago when i mentioned the Cricket games off the bat 100% straight shots every time (just zoom in and watch the ball with no side spin even after an edge.........), he took the p*ss and made fun of me or tried too (its him, the guy who has to be an Umpire in the game....), and yet his very own Mikeymerren heard my advice after AO1 was released in terms of their new Tennis game needing proper ball physics, he replied to me and we discussed it over a few posts on this site, and from that moment onwards we had the ball bending in flight in the Tennis game. All down to me. I have proof of this. I dont want a medal, I dont want any credit, I just want BigAnt to implement this also in their Cricket games.

So BigAnt ironically (with Cricket still their big seller) are showing they DO know about ball physics in AO1 and AO2, but clearly not in their Cricket games other than when the ball has realistic physics when leaving the bowlers hand and before it hits the bat....
Ball physics is certainly important but sometimes and specially in the case of side spin it can be made too important. Fact: side spin is certainly important to tennis specially when it comes to top spin & drop shots and well done to them for adding it in. However we all have to admit that in your glory of getting them to make it more prominent in the game, it can seem over exaggerated and maybe needs to be toned down abit specially on drop shots (which are now harder to time) and down the line top spin shots.
We all appreciate your push for it in the game, however sometimes too much of a good thing isn’t always a good thing especially when it can ruin the natural look and feel of the game.
This is all part of the tweaking and refinement process of the game so hopefully onwards and upwards from here.

Users who are viewing this thread