TENNIS AO Tennis

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Second serve: here a GREAT idea taken from 2k Nba (great game).
Make more difficult the second serve with the aim faster and faster and the power chargin line faster too! Otherwise all players has a second serve as the first and it’s not real

This is a great suggestion, I hope the devs take it on board and this wins you Post of the Month on your very first day :p

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
The 5th Set crash issue is fixed in this patch and we've made it less likely for the AI to miss returns of serves, it was happening a lot on the previous patch.

We haven't changed anything else in terms of gameplay. Not. A. Thing.

Anything else you are getting would have been possible on at least the previous couple of patches. Happy to hear feedback, but please don't assume what you are seeing is a result of the last patch.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watch AO International Tennis live game on latest patch (26th July 18). Awesome to play after latest patches. [HASHTAG]#OfflineMultiplayer[/HASHTAG]

Bjama

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Afghanistan
The 5th Set crash issue is fixed in this patch and we've made it less likely for the AI to miss returns of serves, it was happening a lot on the previous patch.

We haven't changed anything else in terms of gameplay. Not. A. Thing.

Anything else you are getting would have been possible on at least the previous couple of patches. Happy to hear feedback, but please don't assume what you are seeing is a result of the last patch.

“We haven't changed anything else in terms of gameplay. Not. A. Thing.”

Yes:-(
Infact bug moviment started in a big patch not in the last!
Game unplayable for another week...

Last edited:

Serchenko

School Cricketer

Dude, stop complaining about nonsense, giving bad feedback and be more respectful, please.
I follow this thread and I have created an account only to say that to you, because you are making me sick.
The gameplay is totally playable and enjoyable. Try reducing game speed and increase ball speed to get to the perfect point for you.
The only big issue was the aces and now are really well yuned.
The top spin shot is awesome right now, it goes up and down as it's meant to be as a defensive shot.
I don't have any movement bug playing without assistance and my powerful shots are totally useful, so stis complaining and practice your timing.
If you have some bug report it to bigant via e mail, not yelling at clouds here.

Hi to everyone else.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I understand that English may not be your first language but posting as you do is extraordinarily frustrating as we want to help but cannot decipher what it is you mean.

Also refrain from words like "buuugggggg" - not cool, not funny and likely to have the Big Ant staff ignore what you say and not take you seriously, same goes for generalisations such as "Game unplayable for another week" which does not help us at all.

There is a difference between items of opinion (players too fast/slow, ball too fast/slow, etc.) and fact (ball out called in, game crashes), tell us of the facts and we will certainly act on them, tell us of your opinions and we will consider them.

Bjama

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Afghanistan
I understand that English may not be your first language but posting as you do is extraordinarily frustrating as we want to help but cannot decipher what it is you mean.

Also refrain from words like "buuugggggg" - not cool, not funny and likely to have the Big Ant staff ignore what you say and not take you seriously, same goes for generalisations such as "Game unplayable for another week" which does not help us at all.

There is a difference between items of opinion (players too fast/slow, ball too fast/slow, etc.) and fact (ball out called in, game crashes), tell us of the facts and we will certainly act on them, tell us of your opinions and we will consider them.

you're telling me that the bug "freeze moviment" is invented, I read dozens of users complain about it (on the forums, on facebook)
it's been fixed recently but now after the big patch it's back.
I posted a video, since my English is painful
better than a video to explain there is nothing else.
a 10 year old child does not play with that top spin so high, maybe at the mini tennis (6years)
I asked about the preferred surface and I did not get an answer.
On the same career.
I think the frequent changes are off putting because you never get a chance to really sink into the game before it gets changed again, and that's not good.
see you

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You are not being respectful of other users on here, nor reasonable. I said I want to help, you are not making it easy at all to do so.

Please report bugs to [email protected] - it is the best way to get directly in contact with the dev/qa teams.

adammonghan

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Ross been playing AO after a bit of a break due to life getting in the way and have noticed that since maybe the last patch I am not too sure (Version 1.35) I think it was, my player would occasionally turn, face backwards and refuse to hit the ball even though the ball was right next to him and I had timed my shot, I was wondering if you were aware of this and if it has been fixed in version 1.36?

I also still found that timing a serve correctly down the middle of the court resulted in an easy ace still in version 1.35 and 1.36, I still feel that needs to be refined and reworked.

The AI is also very strong even on lower difficulties I find it hard to hit a clear winner even when I have a open court, time my shot correctly and to the corner, the AI manages to reach my shot and return it at ease, I have found myself having 30-40 shot rallies pretty often as a result of this.

Hopefully some of this helps you guys out.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
you're telling me that the bug "freeze moviment" is invented, I read dozens of users complain about it (on the forums, on facebook)
it's been fixed recently but now after the big patch it's back.
I posted a video, since my English is painful
better than a video to explain there is nothing else.
a 10 year old child does not play with that top spin so high, maybe at the mini tennis (6years)
I asked about the preferred surface and I did not get an answer.
On the same career.
I think the frequent changes are off putting because you never get a chance to really sink into the game before it gets changed again, and that's not good.
see you
I just simply think you are really wasting an opportunity here with getting the game to the right direction..When people who are actually creating the game are contacting straight through a forum,you should know how much of a good means it is to get them to know what you actually want in the game and even discuss.. It just cant get better than this for a game creation and working as a community to make a great game..

P.S Had the chance to experience the game and I must say its damn good.. Not that much of a tennis knowledge guy but I love any sport and sport related games..I have no idea how it was but I know now it is awesome.. Semi pro is giving me a good balance of fun and challenge...Great great work @BigAntStudios and team..:thumbs

Olivier

School Cricketer
Mummmmm on a Second serve, a player has as much chance to hit a winner/ace as on a first serve. But it’s still as much risky. Please don’t ask to increase the speed/risk compare to the first serve.

I play tennis and sometimes hit aces on second. But, when making this risky choice, I increase my chance of serving out on second serves. That’s all. And it works the same on AO current settings. It’s just a player choice.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mummmmm on a Second serve, a player has as much chance to hit a winner/ace as on a first serve. But it’s still as much risky. Please don’t ask to increase the speed/risk compare to the first serve.

I play tennis and sometimes hit aces on second. But, when making this risky choice, I increase my chance of serving out on second serves. That’s all. And it works the same on AO current settings. It’s just a player choice.

Mm i don’t agree, it is more risky irl to hit second serve. The extra pressure felt from within etc that a game cannot replicate. To my mind increasing the risk /speed of a second serve in a game tries to replicate that added internal pressure you face in reality

Redfive

School Cricketer
Had a good go on the latest build today and wow it's getting close to an incredible tennis sim. Didn't play the very early builds (got the game maybe a month ago) but now really feels like you have to think about what shot to play, get punished for being too aggressive (with less control), and are rewarded for good positioning, playing the ball deep and maneuvering your opponent around the court.

I'm playing on pro, about 15 weeks into first season as new player and just made a semi (tee hee) after 4 straight second round exits. Couple of observations, made in the knowledge some of this is likely down to my own skill or lack of:

AI double faults seem ''predictable" - happen on first point of a game (and match) far more often than anything else and seem to be set to 4 or 5 a set every time.

The diving volleys are awesome but as pointed out elsewhere seem a bit overpowered in the sense the AI will almost never fail to make one and often does it a couple of times in the same rally.

I can't work out smashes. AI belts it I gently flick to the corner (this is almost certainly a skill thing)

Serving for human players still feels a bit too forgiving - I'm not great but rarely drop below 80-90% first serve percentage

Prize money and skill points in career feel a bit off. You win the same if you get knocked out in R1 or lose in the final. With the skill points your individual bits (forehand, serve etc) seem in line with players of similar overall rating but the attributes (strength, speed) are miles below. Doesn't seem to make much difference but seems odd.

''round of tournament" seems to make more difference than opponent skill rating. In other words if find a 42 overall player in the quarters tougher than a 50 in R2. This may be a feature (form etc) but thought worth mentioning.

These are just suggestions/observations really, as a tennis fan I can't remember enjoying a game more. Look forward to seeing what future patches bring.

Oh and cheers to LlewellynF. Don't know what you do for a living to have time to knock up all these players and stadia but it's much much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread