TENNIS AO Tennis

D

Dutch

Okay after playing the game for a while now my opinion is that gameplay has improved quite considerably: I cant just automatically get aces, I have interesting and varied rallies, I can play a serve volley game if I wish, I have to think tactically and not try to hit everything for a winner......the game runs smooth for me and has rekindled my interest in it......

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This cannot be true :eek:
I can only think there must be legal reasons that they are not willing to disclose.Why would you go to the extremes of producing such a detailed venue creator to render it completely useless in every mode but a single friendly match.If it is the case let people know or explain why it was removed.I cannot see how they can improve the gameplay as it was as good as the budget would allow it to be.It will never be as good as the Topspin series because of the tight budget.The new cricket game is a step backwards IMO(what's the arcade big head thing all about).People want as much realism as the funding allows and Big Ant at one point seemed to be going in the right direction but have just retracted back to where other titles failed.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Okay after playing the game for a while now my opinion is that gameplay has improved quite considerably: I cant just automatically get aces, I have interesting and varied rallies, I can play a serve volley game if I wish, I have to think tactically and not try to hit everything for a winner......the game runs smooth for me and has rekindled my interest in it......

The game feels almost too easy on Grand Slam difficulty now, not sure why the difficulty scale seems to tilt one way or another toward either being too hard or too easy. Maybe it will be different in terms of the career mode, but previously I found playing as Nadal and co, that I'd get hammered on Grand Slam.

AI acing is still a big issue, the game seemingly won't give you the chance to attempt to return the ball quite often still, balance is the key area where they seem to be unable to hone in on and nail down.

The general feeling on Twitter and YouTube is that most are disappointing with what we've received after waiting for so long in terms of gameplay and new content.

Andrea

School Cricketer
I again ask that for me it is important. Do all players play the same way? Does a Djokovic sound like one that is 200 in the global ATP? If so, it is not very real. I'm Djokovic I have to win easily against a 200, what do you think?

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I can very rarely get aces if at all, no big issue though. I think the gameplay has gotten smoother and movement easier. If and when I work out a good rhythm In the game I may be able to have a good and varied rallie like you said lol but currently I sometimes don’t get that far into rallies and points haha

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Does anyone know or have the perfect numbers for all the gameplay adjustment modifiers (sliders) for movement, game speed and ball speed etc? Like what is everyone’s perfect spot for all those when adjusting all that stuff?

Andrea

School Cricketer
I again ask that for me it is important. Do all players play the same way? Does a Djokovic sound like one that is 200 in the global ATP? If so, it is not very real. I'm Djokovic I have to win easily against a 200, what do you think?

????

Cristian04BJ

School Cricketer
Hi everybody!. Always follow every news in the forum. One question to all, do you think there will be a next update soon? I think so, but that only will include outfits like they did for Wimbledon. Greetings to all the forum and sorry for a language. I’m from Argentina

D

Dutch

Hi everybody!. Always follow every news in the forum. One question to all, do you think there will be a next update soon? I think so, but that only will include outfits like they did for Wimbledon. Greetings to all the forum and sorry for a language. I’m from Argentina
I am not sure. It feels strange they have held back a patch that essentially could have been released three months ago because they wanted to launch it at the time of the AO as a massive overhaul of the game but it is essentialy just a tweak of the game. It was made out to be a massive patch but feels like an inbetween patch......very confusing! It has improved
things but feels underwhelming! Welcome by the way!

Dont get me wrong the patch is great, I just have the sense it doesnt have the scope that I was perhaps expecting which is as much down to me as anyone else....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

Does anyone know or have the perfect numbers for all the gameplay adjustment modifiers (sliders) for movement, game speed and ball speed etc? Like what is everyone’s perfect spot for all those when adjusting all that stuff?
I haven’t really played with the sliders so cant be of any help there.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I haven’t really played with the sliders so cant be of any help there.
Yeah nah I haven’t played with them much myself so wasn’t quite sure if they effect the game that much and if anyone has the secret sauce for all the stuff lol.. I might just leave that stuff I guess

D

Dutch

Yeah nah I haven’t played with them much myself so wasn’t quite sure if they effect the game that much and if anyone has the secret sauce for all the stuff lol.. I might just leave that stuff I guess
There was a post somewhere that gave suggestions for the different surfaces…..

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

Players still play the same way, there's no new animations or anything like that. It's mostly just player movement that feels less restrictive and the game feels easier on the hardest difficulty.

In fairness, those white Wimbledon outfits were simply just blank white outfits, only Nadal had any sponsors on his version, the rest were just quickly done over in white.

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am not sure. It feels strange they have held back a patch that essentially could have been released three months ago because they wanted to launch it at the time of the AO as a massive overhaul of the game but it is essentialy just a tweak of the game. It was made out to be a massive patch but feels like an inbetween patch......very confusing! It has improved
things but feels underwhelming! Welcome by the way!

Dont get me wrong the patch is great, I just have the sense it doesnt have the scope that I was perhaps expecting which is as much down to me as anyone else....

I tweeted Ross earlier if further patches were due, no reply

Users who are viewing this thread