TENNIS AO Tennis

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I didn't expect their approach to change despite the link up with Bigben. It does baffle me as to why they don't change their approach given it can only help in terms of getting more interest in a new game going forward. I expect to see an announcement end of the month or early next and likely no gameplay until very close to the release date.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I didn't expect their approach to change despite the link up with Bigben. It does baffle me as to why they don't change their approach given it can only help in terms of getting more interest in a new game going forward. I expect to see an announcement end of the month or early next and likely no gameplay until very close to the release date.

Yes that's becoming more and more evident now. I just don't understand it, The Paris Games Week event was last week, BigBen's last published tennis game was shown off there...BigBen in a french company.....and the best male tennis players in the world were in France for the Paris Masters event. That literally wrote itself as far as promotion and timing, yet they couldn't even put out a tweet or send a few screen shots. It's almost like they don't want people to buy their games.

D

Dutch

U
Yes that's becoming more and more evident now. I just don't understand it, The Paris Games Week event was last week, BigBen's last published tennis game was shown off there...BigBen in a french company.....and the best male tennis players in the world were in France for the Paris Masters event. That literally wrote itself as far as promotion and timing, yet they couldn't even put out a tweet or send a few screen shots. It's almost like they don't want people to buy their games.
Well the last tennis game Big Ben published is still utterly utterly broken so yeah maybe they are keeping their heads down.

Nard2020

Club Captain
U

Well the last tennis game Big Ben published is still utterly utterly broken so yeah maybe they are keeping their heads down.

That's understood but then why blast the publishing deal all over the press release. It was literally more about the deal with BigBen than it was about AO Tennis 2. Either way it's head scratching and there's no rationale for it.

Reactions: DAP

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Bigben released a reveal trailer not long ago, hard to gauge if much has changed off the trailer, does appear there's a few new outfits and De Minaur added. I did notice that rather awkward forehand appears to be in the game still though.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I’m glad this reveal ended up being earlier than most expected. Seems to look like more of a re skin , although there’s a few odd things that leave me inclined to believe this footage is from an older version...but I’ll leave that for later.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'll be interested to see what this statement means:

"For the first time in AO Tennis, success for a young talented player depends as much on external events as great play on the court, which provides deeper immersion into the world of professional tennis."

It could be significant, or it could be, like, whether Mars is in retrograde? How much the player had to drink the night before?

Reactions: DAP

TomW777

Club Captain
I'll be interested to see what this statement means:

"For the first time in AO Tennis, success for a young talented player depends as much on external events as great play on the court, which provides deeper immersion into the world of professional tennis."

It could be significant, or it could be, like, whether Mars is in retrograde? How much the player had to drink the night before?
Sounds a bit like it is trying to mimic Fifa's The Journey. But without EA's resources who knows if it will actually be any good.

Users who are viewing this thread