TENNIS AO Tennis

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
well, the internet had decided that Donald Trump would not be president, now they decide what will happen to Big Ant. But the real world
is different. For every poster on the forum that bashes a BA game (that usually plays single player modes, or online, but not multiplayer on the same console)
i can think of 3 people (of every age) that would still appreciate it.

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Luckily AO tennis is only released in AU/NZ at the moment. They can scale back production and price to minimise risk and exposure at the global level. The invested hours are lost however. They should stick to cricket and nrl where they have a monopoly but they need to unignore everyone on this forum. Some of the criticism is warranted. They hate it. Is AO tennis the trickstar ashes of tennis games? I remember Ross sniping at that game which nobody played. Never throw stones if u live in a glass house

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Luckily AO tennis is only released in AU/NZ at the moment. They can scale back production and price to minimise risk and exposure at the global level. The invested hours are lost however. They should stick to cricket and nrl where they have a monopoly but they need to unignore everyone on this forum. Some of the criticism is warranted. They hate it. Is AO tennis the trickstar ashes of tennis games? I remember Ross sniping at that game which nobody played. Never throw stones if u live in a glass house

well, it might be a poor representation of tennis, or a good representation but still a poor game (through lack of features, unresponsive controls etc.), but it is still clear in the videos it is functional, and able to complete a tennis match according to the normal rules with no game-breaking exceptions. this was not true of ashes in anyway, where the game fell apart through e.g. being able to run 200 runs while fielders grouped around the ball without picking it up.

comparisons to ac13 are really unhelpful, and ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 9102

I don't think comparisons to Ashes 13 are too far off the mark. This game is an insult and embarrassment to the sport of tennis like Ashes 13 was to cricket, and some of the "features" come across like they were written by Mike Fegan.

Big Ant said:
"LICENSED PLAYERS and STADIA – Dozens of fully licensed male and female players, including Rafael Nadal and Angelique Kerber in licensed tennis stadia such as Rod Laver Arena."

Dozens? Technically true I guess as there's about 24 players, two dozen... Stretching the words to the limit.

Edit - At the time of release there are 18 licensed players, so this is actually a flat-out lie.

Big Ant said:
"ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – Based on ten years of ball tracking data taken from Australian Open championship matches, players behave as they would in real life."

Really?....... Really? Players behave as they would in real life? And ten years of data was used? What can you even say about that statement? That's hilarious. It really is a Fegan-style quote.

Big Ant said:
"MOTION CAPTURE – Professional players have been 3D scanned and motion captured in order to bring the most authentic tennis game to date."

Yeah, that forehand animation and overall quality of animation comes across as very authentic... Worse animations than Virtua Tennis 1 from 1999. And yeah Big Ant, you can scan faces... We know.

Just because the game is "functional" in that it counts the scores correctly and doesn't crash, doesn't mean it's in any way acceptable. This is an embarrassment to tennis and among the worst sports games of all time. Arguably some aspects are completely broken Ashes 13 style such as the drop shot, volleys or the players randomly leaving the ball.

Like Ashes 13, it wouldn't surprise me to see this canned after the original release, in terms of the worldwide/PC release... What sort of demand would there be after this shit show?

Edit - Also like Ashes 13, zero official gameplay was shown until release or even in trailers. They had no faith in it? Trying to make people buy it blindly because seeing it in action would put them off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For what it's actually worth, I have the game (one of the few around here I guess) and I do not think it is completely broken like some are suggesting. I have not had many games but the ones I tried were enjoyable. I have to also say, I think the stuff that needs attention, is probably a lot easier to patch than field presets, stats and edge frequency in a cricket game. I have hope for this to get better. And as it is, it definitely is playable and to a large extent actually enjoyable. In August last year people around here were saying they would take any tennis game on ps4. Now they are talking as if they never said that.

D

Deleted member 46200

For what it's actually worth, I have the game (one of the few around here I guess) and I do not think it is completely broken like some are suggesting. I have not had many games but the ones I tried were enjoyable. I have to also say, I think the stuff that needs attention, is probably a lot easier to patch than field presets, stats and edge frequency in a cricket game. I have hope for this to get better. And as it is, it definitely is playable and to a large extent actually enjoyable. In August last year people around here were saying they would take any tennis game on ps4. Now they are talking as if they never said that.
Being honest... And please don't tell anyone else... I do too have the game but I don't have any problems... I play a simple T20 custom league, one major issue is not being able to scroll down the ladder in leagues more than thirteen/fourteen teams other than that, all is good... Maybe I'm being naive but nothing that breaks my experience.... Guess I'll be band for sharing that... Sorry x

D

Dutch

Being honest... And please don't tell anyone else... I do too have the game but I don't have any problems... I play a simple T20 custom league, one major issue is not being able to scroll down the ladder in leagues more than thirteen/fourteen teams other than that, all is good... Maybe I'm being naive but nothing that breaks my experience.... Guess I'll be band for sharing that... Sorry x
You do realise he is talking about the tennis game?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I feel that way about Ashes too though. So you're forgiven. P.s. I won't tell anyone x

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Did you get it via Aus psn or for doing magic logos for tennis too ;)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
so ross posted a link to a positive review on twitter..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
that review is a weird one... it's twitter account has 4k+ followers, but the vast majority of its tweets have NO interactions at all, and i can't see a single tweet with more than 2 likes. there are ZERO replies to or retweets of any of its tweets. nor does that site seem to do many reviews in general.

Users who are viewing this thread