TENNIS AO Tennis

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
that review is a weird one... it's twitter account has 4k+ followers, but the vast majority of its tweets have NO interactions at all, and i can't see a single tweet with more than 2 likes. there are ZERO replies to or retweets of any of its tweets. nor does that site seem to do many reviews in general.

Nearly every review of the completed game has commented on the game being "rushed" and "not complete" and then there comes along a random review from a no-name site giving it 8.5/10 :eek: Talk about a fake review :lol

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Anybody else having similar issues with career mode at the moment? First game finished at a set a piece which awarded me the win then in the second round I won the first 6-5 then lost the second 5-6 then the match finished and the opponent was awarded the win. I’m also certain I turned on tiebreakers when starting the career but can only see the amount of sets to play under career settings.

Vwdl6GJ.jpg

zuRFDeu.jpg

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another review of AO Tennis...
https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis...k=79bede2c88252cf69b160fa8b57fb9bd-1516456597

Some snippets...
While the studio is promising “aggressive plans” to continue development on the game, and a global release later in the year (which will add content for Australian owners for free), there is going to be work needed at a core level for AO Tennis to be the game it truly wants to be. Getting the game onto the market in time for our local grand slam was clearly a tight deadline. Large patches were available for download on the game’s launch, suggesting the on-disc product wasn’t entirely ready.
When Foxsports.com.au was given the game to review, it was also given a guide featuring tips and hints, both for gameplay and the career mode. The problem is that very little of this information exists in the game. There is little to no tutorialising, and while there’s something to learning while playing, there is hardly enough feedback to move from that ‘easy to learn’ stage into ‘hard to master’.

Not that you need to do much. In Foxsports.com.au’s time with the game, we found that most of our mistakes came about because our player just decided not to swing at the ball, rather than us mis-hitting it. It’s a frustrating moment, and it happened a lot. The movement feels clumsy. Players glide across the court awkwardly, either moving like a magnet towards the ball or not at all.
The team behind AO Tennis is a smaller one than the Electronic Arts’ (makers of FIFA) of the world, but that doesn’t mean they get a free pass for a relatively empty game — especially when what actually is there, the tennis, isn’t great either. AO Tennis might be worth buying later this year. If the promised development takes place, and new players, events and modes are added along with gameplay tweaks, it could really be something. You can see the early elements of a good game here — and tennis fans have been desperate for a simulation of the real thing on consoles for a while. They should probably keep waiting, though.

Score: 4 out of 10

Users who are viewing this thread