TENNIS AO Tennis

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I would have thought most tennis games have a shortish lifespan unless there is a decent 2 player mode a game of tennis is a game of tennis

D

Deleted member 9102

Did you see Federer before? It's my first attempt and takes a lot of getting used to, was just trying to show its not just a stick jpeg over the face as previously suggested
It literally is just sticking a jpeg on the head as the texture... Anyone here can download it on Steam and check for themselves or I could show a video.

If there are extra capabilities then the UI really doesn't do a good job of making it intuitive... All I could find was "ATTACH PlayFace" which simply lets you browse for the jpeg, with no further functionality. The 3D model has to be modified manually by using the existing options, and the jpeg needs to be put together in another program to produce any sort of decent result.

Pretty funny to come up with a special name like "PlayFace™" for something so rudimentary as simply changing a face texture... I remember other games having this sort of feature ~15 years ago;

Tony Hawk's Underground from 2003 did it with more depth, with the face mapping and colour options, as well as a better UI that shows you how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
After all the patches can you elaborate in what way it is now frustrating/boring please?

It's all well and good to say it's had a lot of patches, but the game was released in a very broken state, we've been the beta testers essentially since then.

Every patch has produced new bugs/glitches after removing some that were previously there.

The defensive shot looks awful, it either loops up high into the sky and gradually drops onto the other side of the court or lightly spoons up and over.

Ball physics are still all over the place, volleying still comes off the racket at a million miles an hour, the CPU manages to return any smash you produce, but you can't do the same to theirs

Stamina seems to impact your player but never the CPU who manages to still reach almost every shot with ease

Your player still gets stuck in animations and just watches the ball go by or will just give up on a shot it thinks you won't reach when it's right next to you...

I mostly record the game so people can see what they are getting into for the global launch, part of me hopes they don't dive into another tennis game anytime soon. I'm sure some people love the game and think it's the bees knees, but I definitely enjoy Full Ace Tennis far more despite it's graphical differences

flake

County Cricketer
If anyone can give a sort of step by step instruction method on how to do this, that’d go a long way.

D

Deleted member 9102

Dream Match Tennis... Wow, I thought that was long dead! The original on PC from 2006 had some really interesting gameplay mechanics and was on the sim/hardcore side... Animations/graphics were not great but there was a lot of potential, hopefully they also decide to make a non-VR version as well.

Users who are viewing this thread