Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....

rasdan

Club Captain
just to add im early in on day 2 of 1st ashes test and my pace bowlers have taken two quick wickets,the aussie batsmen were starting to punish me as the ball got older.i adjusted the friction as stated so hopefully the wickets keep coming or at leat a few chances come my way.i agree that shot force on 30 feels better

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So started a new test series as SA (me) vs NZ. Set up new zealand wicket as described

NZ won toss and batted first.
288 all out in 101.5 overs early on day 2

Williamson 121 (249)
Southee 65 (98)
Watling 49 (126)

Rabada 6-85 (31.5)
Philander 3-86 (28)

Again I had them in early trouble at 51-4 before Willianson and watling put on 126. That was the only meaningful partnership. An interesting observation is all the wickets on day 1 were either LBW or bowled.. Could not find 1 edge until day 2 when Patel edged behind. This was in total contrast to the SA wicket I played in where edges were plenty on day 1. I guess soft pitch has something to do with this?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So started a new test series as SA (me) vs NZ. Set up new zealand wicket as described

NZ won toss and batted first.
288 all out in 101.5 overs early on day 2

Williamson 121 (249)
Southee 65 (98)
Watling 49 (126)

Rabada 6-85 (31.5)
Philander 3-86 (28)

Again I had them in early trouble at 51-4 before Willianson and watling put on 126. That was the only meaningful partnership. An interesting observation is all the wickets on day 1 were either LBW or bowled.. Could not find 1 edge until day 2 when Patel edged behind. This was in total contrast to the SA wicket I played in where edges were plenty on day 1. I guess soft pitch has something to do with this?

Interesting. Could possibly counter it by using the friction sliders for day 2 on both day 1 and day 2? I’m sure I had some edged when playing in England on a soft, grassy pitch, but I couldn’t say for certain without looking it up.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I was not sure if I was using Wasteyouryouths NZ team. Perhaps that is also a factor?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I was not sure if I was using Wasteyouryouths NZ team. Perhaps that is also a factor?

Could be. Universally those players are skilled differently and generally lower rated. You’d imagine that would affect how often they miscue and edge, but that’s just hypothetical.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Could be. Universally those players are skilled differently and generally lower rated. You’d imagine that would affect how often they miscue and edge, but that’s just hypothetical.

I will double check and then restart the test and see if the outcome is different. My ENG team from last week was definetely correct.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So I knocked off a 200+ run partnership between Patterson and Khawaja in my game against the West Indies in Australia. After 70+ overs of batting, I’ve come to the conclusion that dry/hard might be the most benign surface combo that there is.

I’ll add some updates to the original post this evening.

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
So I knocked off a 200+ run partnership between Patterson and Khawaja in my game against the West Indies in Australia. After 70+ overs of batting, I’ve come to the conclusion that dry/hard might be the most benign surface combo that there is.

I’ll add some updates to the original post this evening.

I prefer playing on the green wickets. Keeps things exciting. Havent tried a spinning track yet.. I am terrible at facing decent spin currently!

D

Dutch

Aussie currently 115 for 4 off 32 overs...me bowling...at Edgbaston using the sliders for England and @wasteyouryouth 's skilled teams....absolutely love bowling in this game now! (Day/night match for some reason! :p )

Real English wickets!

20190218204403_1.jpg

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I currently have Shot Force on 12 and it feels right to me. Give it a try guys.

D

Dutch

I currently have Shot Force on 12 and it feels right to me. Give it a try guys.
Shot force also detremines the speed of the outfield in a round about way so it is goed to take account of that as well......

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Made some updates to the original post. Mainly to switch the pitch characteristics in Australia and Bangladesh, and make some related changes to pitch bounce and shot force depending on bowling speed.

@Gamefroggy, I hear you on the shot force at 12, which is something I'll try and test should I get the chance and others can too if they wish.

Great work people, keep enjoying your cricket :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread