Ashes 2009 performance fix (A real one!!!)

Allrounder18

Banned
Ashes 2009 performance fix (fix of the century !!)
Hi guys,

Its my pleasure that I tested the above fix for ashes 2009 for pc stuttering/lagging problems and this fix is working great for me after testing. I even get about 60 % boost on my frame rates Now I am getting about 100 fps with no lag.

The magical fix :

1) Open Windows media player and play any song and turn repeat option on in media player to loop the song again and again

2) Mute the sound in media player

3) Keep the song and media player running and launch ashes cricket 2009

Enjoy the game without any lags/stuttering in day night matches and experience the frame boost.

Tried and tested and working flawlessly with 4X AA ,16X AF 1280X1024 res with every thing including the crowd on game running 40fps plus

Dong forget to rep me after using the above trick :)

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interesting? Will try and let you know. :) Thanks.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
interesting,i keep my media player always running when i play AC 09 but i face same lag in outfield :facepalm,have to test it by muting the sound

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ashes 2009 performance fix (fix of the century !!)
Hi guys,

Its my pleasure that I tested the above fix for ashes 2009 for pc stuttering/lagging problems and this fix is working great for me after testing. I even get about 60 % boost on my frame rates Now I am getting about 100 fps with no lag.

The magical fix :

1) Open Windows media player and play any song and turn repeat option on in media player to loop the song again and again

2) Mute the sound in media player

3) Keep the song and media player running and launch ashes cricket 2009

Enjoy the game without any lags/stuttering in day night matches and experience the frame boost.

Tried and tested and working flawlessly with 4X AA ,16X AF 1280X1024 res with every thing including the crowd on game running 40fps plus

Dong forget to rep me after using the above trick :)

Weird...

I'll give it a try though, it'll be nice to play under XP. I've got it running fine under Win 7, in 1440 x 900.

Last edited:

coolpant

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Working like a charm for me at 1600 x 900. Thanks Allrounder18.

Last edited:

Params7

International Cricketer
lol @ this "fix" xD

I don't know may still be crazy enough to work.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG! This actually works!! :happy :clap, thanks a lot! Finally I can play in peace lol.

Max Peters

Club Captain
I don't know if it did much to my game, because I didn't see a amjor difference. Anyway, nice trick.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, would you believe it? It works - sort of. I now get 60fps most of the time, with occasional drops to 40/45fps. Still, when the ball is being bowled is what matters and it's fine there, so nice one, Allrounder. :)

You should send a PM about this to DarkBoyBlunder...

Params7

International Cricketer
I tried this and all I got was lag while scrolling on the menu screen itself O__o

Maybe because the music file I played was around 2 hrs? :P

Users who are viewing this thread