:bwl: Ryan Harris
:bwl: Josh Hazlewood
:bwl: Peter Siddle

:bwl: Fawad Ahmed
:bwl: Nathan Lyon

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm predicting 3-1 Australia. I think both top 7s are reasonably well matched. But the Aussie bowling attack is immense. They could even put a test class attack together amongst those who aren't even in the squad. There isn't a lot of proven quality besides Broad and Anderson in the England squad. People like Woakes, Jordan and Plunkett will have to improve significantly.

War

Chairman of Selectors
For AUS - they just have to decide if faith in Watson @ #6 will continue or if M Marsh will play.

ENG - Based on NZ ODI series form, Finn & Rashid must play. In a perfect world KP also ahead of Bell - but of course that won't happen.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
For AUS - they just have to decide if faith in Watson @ #6 will continue or if M Marsh will play.

ENG - Based on NZ ODI series form, Finn & Rashid must play. In a perfect world KP also ahead of Bell - but of course that won't happen.

I'm pretty certain that Australia will start with Watson and if they lose a test and he performs miserably, then MM may come in.

I can't comment on Rashid. I would still go with Tredwell. Finn is a no-no, as is KP. The guy who should be replaced is Gary Ballance.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I wouldn't be surprised to see us go unchanged from the last NZ test really.

Yeah I agree, Ballance is a huge worry for me though and his struggle with the bat has continued since returning to Yorkshire. I still cannot believe he has scored the amount of runs he has on the county circuit with his technique. I would understand it if he played in a country where hard bouncy wickets are the norm, but it's England, are county bowlers really that poor?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
9 (NINE) of the 17-man Australia squad for the Ashes is 30+ years old. The Dad's Army stuff that has been going around here is most definitely true.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
9 (NINE) of the 17-man Australia squad for the Ashes is 30+ years old. The Dad's Army stuff that has been going around here is most definitely true.

The Australian teams have generally been on the older side since I've been watching cricket. They obviously prefer players who have experience under their belt over youthful exhuberance. It hasn't done them too badly in the past.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I saw both Michael Clarke and Darren Lehmann (there were five others but I couldn't make out who they were from behind) walking down my road today (in full training gear may I add). Felt really weird, I mean you watch these guys on TV and next thing you know they're casually walking down the street you've lived in your whole entire life :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i'm predicting 3-0 to australia, because even though in these conditions both sides' batsmen will be evenly matched, australia has a far superior bowling line-up

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its good that Kent are feeding Shaun March runs, because it increases the chances that he's going to play and I'd rather play against him than Rogers

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I suspect Shaun in for Voges which would suck after how well Voges went. Other Marsh with a hundred too, Watson as per usual with a career saving 80 when he needs it.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Yeah. I prefer Warner to him. Warner comes across as someone who's a bit immature. Haddin, although very very gutsy on the field and a cricketer you would love to have in your XI, just because he always fights is quite a pathetic person. It would take a monumental moron to instigate the NZ side that played the WC earlier in the year. I'd go as far as to say that NZ is my favourite cricket team at the moment. They play hard, aggressive and fair with a proper sportsman's spirit.

I also think, Australia are sounding very over confident right now. I have said this before that England are a dangerous side. I will not be surprised if England win the Ashes, but for that, Anderson will have to have the Ashes of his life. The English batting is better than the Aussies against a world class attack - Ballance. But, the depth in the Aussie bowling is fierce.

Users who are viewing this thread