Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

grkrama

National Board President
Englands tactic seems to be to dish out lifeless pitches and neutralize aus pace attack, if that's the pattern for the series bowlers are going to burnout by the end of the series.

grkrama

National Board President
Good to see Ballance grinding out some runs

he always seems to do well when root is at the other end attacking often till root comes in balance looks slightly dodgy and doesnt tick once root comes in and plays a few shots balance get going too.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Can a decision go to the third umpire if a player doesn't review? Broad was given out and looks like he didn't review, so why did the on-field umpires go upstairs? Curious to know.

Australia have gifted England 3 of the 5 wickets, falling into the same trap as India while playing Moeen. No need to attack him in such an aggressive manner, rather take singles and try to take advantage of his loose deliveries, of which there are many.

On another note, it is pretty obvious that England are going to dish out these crappy wickets and wait for Johnson, Starc et al to tire out by the 4th test. Really expected some sporting wickets which would produce a good contest between bat-and-ball, not these subcontinental type of wickets.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can a decision go to the third umpire if a player doesn't review? Broad was given out and looks like he didn't review, so why did the on-field umpires go upstairs? Curious to know.
Umpires can still review any decision, or ask for the Third Umpire's opinion, just like the old days. That's what I assume happened.

On another note, it is pretty obvious that England are going to dish out these crappy wickets and wait for Johnson, Starc et al to tire out by the 4th test. Really expected some sporting wickets which would produce a good contest between bat-and-ball, not these subcontinental type of wickets.
That's like asking why Australia don't produce dust bowls when India visit for Tests. :D

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

I've quite enjoyed the cricket so far. The pitch isn't the fastest, but it's nibbling around and so far watching, I've felt that you're never in as a batter. Root played an exceptional innings, and it needs to be lauded. Even he, would have been out for not, if Haddin held on.

I don't think you're going to find more than 3-4 wickets like the one the first test is being played on in the sub continent. It has consistently been swinging and if you're disciplined enough, you can pick a solid amount of wickets. Frankly, Mitchell Johnson was quite all over the shop in the first innings. I don't think he bowled badly enough to not get a wicket, as his spell on the second morning was good, but I also think it's fair to say that he's not hit his menacing lethal best yet.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We had old Mitch back in the first innings; we'll have to wait and see whether its going to be a series-long thing

England are clearly ahead; the issue is the forecast on Sunday. If it doesn't rain then its Australia's to save

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
you can just imagine the scene in the committee room on Wednesday Morning - Owen Evans (been styling himself Owain Ifans since reading Politics at Aberystwyth) a Plaid Assembly member who's parlayed that into a place on the Glamorgan committee, never played higher than Rhyl thirds but now always to be seen wearing his Glamorgan tie, puffing out his chest as he's told about the pre-match ceremonials: "Oh yes," he says, "we'll show those English bastards that Wales can do it properly"...

What do they deliver? A test that starts fifteen minutes late while they sing Land of My Father to two teams that couldn't care less, and an embarrassment of a pitch where the slips have to stand so close they're wearing short leg gear.

They should never ever get another test. Knowing the ECB they'll start getting 2 a year like Lords

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Land of My Father should replace God Save the Queen imo; its actually an interesting song

plus the british anthem shouldn't be co-opted by one of the constituent countries of the uk imo

D

Dutch

Top order looks so brittle....its alright though....Bells in.... Flip me this pitch is two-faced

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
he always seems to do well when root is at the other end attacking often till root comes in balance looks slightly dodgy and doesnt tick once root comes in and plays a few shots balance get going too.

I absolutely loathe Ballance's batting. It breaks my heart to see a guy come out to bat at 3 for England literally playing french cricket. He makes Cook look like David Gower.

It's like watching someone on the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread